Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

:firstpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

you should do like me and spend all of your free time parked in front of your computer shooting people in PLAYERUNKNOWN's Battlegrounds (PUBG)

it's extremely loving good, i somehow have 200hrs in it already :v:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Beverly Cleavage posted:

I am terrible at this game, and it is a blast. What was your discord, ya nerd?

Baby watch: due date was this past Friday. Still waiting for #3.

http://discord.gg/N3875ZB

if you want to get pinged about when we're squadding up type !join-role PUBGoers :3:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Beverly Cleavage posted:

My schedule is garbage, but good to know. :) I'm on the R6Siege discord as well, and it's pretty popular, but hard to squad up with others.

Ya same man, but we manage to figure it out. We even do murderstreams on twitch and I set up my camera pointing at rascal and call it doggo cam, it works out pretty well

Cage posted:

I would like PUBG more if there was more incentive to not just camp a bathroom nearish the middle of the circle and wait to get forced out. I've played less than 10 games but I've been one of the last 10 alive a few of those times. If I get good poo poo early then I don't want to explore anymore because theres more chance of dying.

the way I play is loot up so I have some basics, usually an AR with an SMG/under-over shotty and a helmet and enough rounds to kill a dude who has better loot than me but less situational awareness than me. Pubbies have no idea how to respond to full aggro so I just go in guns/grenades blazing and shoot them in the face with decent results. Yesterday I rolled up on two dudes who had no idea I was behind them and killed them with my micro uzi then got HELLA loot from them after having a lovely spawn.

I think we just got our 8th chicken dinner last night? it was pretty good

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 15:04 on May 1, 2017

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Stellaris satisfies my thinky brainy bits when I'm feeling like using them. I use them all day at work and by the time I get home I just wanna feel the warm splatter of another man's brains across virtual my face

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

Hello AI May chat thread. I am fairly new to AI having discovered this lovely place through the saga of 14 INCH and you all seem like cool and good people.

I kind of passed on PUBG when it first launched but if you guys do semi-regular pubstomps then I might pick it up. Looks like a good way to blow off some steam.

Hey welcome! If you arent sold, watch Sacriel play with his mates in a squad. They're super tactical and Sac is very good at explaining things
https://www.twitch.tv/sacriel

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Larrymer posted:

Forgive us for suggesting being less goony and going outside. I get the not wanting to ride on the road part, at least, but there are other options. To each their own.

Not all of us live in parts of the country / world that are nice most of the time

I would never bike here in Detroit because the weather, roads, and drivers all suck rear end and I will die to one or a combination of them

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Why do you think I get up at 4am and I'm in the office at 6? Cause I like the early shift?

It's not being defensive to correctly point out that successful and continuous weight loss and continued exercise is about lifestyle and continued success isnt usually done with machines.

As many cycling goons have found out, you get a bike and you will in a few months find out mere mortals quite regularly and easily find 6 hours to ride a bike. Married with kids, long work hours, prefer to stay in bed wanking, doesnt matter. Endorpins are awesome even in winter

Ok but a winter in Melbourne is pretty different from a winter in Indiana

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Larrymer posted:

lol I live in the Detroit area, pussy. :colbert:

Because of this thread, I just went and did a short bike ride through the neighborhood before it storms. :feelsgood:

Here is a picture of me:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

nm posted:

I don't want to go down this road too far, but up in the bike thread we have people in winnipeg riding year round, so.
Minneapolis also has a huge number of year round bike commuters. Takes a dash of htfu though.

FOX 9 MINNEAPOLIS-ST. PAUL: Local goon has died today after attempting to ride bicycle to work in misguided attempt for mancard points and internet bragging rights. "I dont know why he decided to ride his bike today", Mrs. Goon said last night, "the snow was four feet deep and not even cars were attempting to go out today."

Mr. Goon hit an ice patch and fell to his death in front of an salt truck. His memorial service is to be announced.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CornHolio posted:

So Sunday night I took a hot shower. After I got out, my back started absolutely loving killing me. I could hardly walk. Had to walk stiff as a board, couldn't lean over without pain shooting through my back and right thigh.

Monday I could barely get out of bed. I did, and throughout the day my back loosened up and by the end of the day I was mostly OK. A little stiff but that was about it.

This morning, again, I could barely get out of bed. It feels mostly better now, but I'm still walking funny.

I didn't lift anything over the weekend. I haven't twisted it in any weird way that I can remember. What the gently caress?

How long do I give it before I go see a chiropractor?

see an actual doctor who wont paralyze you further, friend

muscle relaxers will get that fixed for you in three days (or at least make it so you can stretch it out and sort out the pulled muscle)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

That is almost definitely a pulled muscle from sleeping funny, I do it all the time because my goddamn dog likes to sleep on top of me or push me out of bed :argh:

Applebees Appetizer posted:

If it persists get an MRI done to see whats going on. After my back issues started years ago, an MRI revealed degenerating discs and an X-ray showed minor scoliosis, yay! It's like a surprise but not in a good way :(

this also wont hurt

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CornHolio posted:

How long do I wait until I see a real doctor, then? I keep hearing that it'll go away on its own, and I'm only on day two. In the meantime I'm taking ibuprofin and using a heating pad, both of which help quite a bit.

its definitely a muscle based on this which means the only thing they'll do is give you stronger ibuprofin and maybe a muscle relaxer and tell you to alternate between ice and heat

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

idk how i glossed over the shower and leg stuff so ya im gay

Larrymer posted:

Stop spouting this poo poo off like you're a doctor. If you can't move, I'd go now and at least get it looked at.

You do realize that 1) i have back problems and 2) while I did drop out of pharmacy school i sure didnt forget everything :3:

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 16:20 on May 2, 2017

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I really want any kind of late nineties/early aughties rhd weeaboo dream machine that goes fast

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Gladly. You know anyone?

Most of the Canadians and scandi itt should have it

Aussies too I think

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

bEatmstrJ posted:

There's a good chance I would have not compromised my floor joists knowing what I know now. But the damage has been done and the cost to fix it is essentially the same as it is to continue with my original plan. I may not use my tub much, but I also don't remodel things as a bachelor. My closet was designed with a woman in mind, despite not being married. Likewise, my bathroom is designed with a woman in mind. It will have a powder room that will be completely useless to me, but is the kind of thing a woman would look at and say, OMG I want this. In the same vein, if a woman sees a nice inviting looking bathtub they are going to swoon. And since woman play an unfair role in the home-buying process, a woman who falls in love with my bathroom is going to help me sell my home (someday). You may not like the design, but I assure the finished product will exceed your expectations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I went to get rascal out of his crate after I had finished painting something and this is how I found him

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

InitialDave posted:

Well, he can go drive an ambulance then. You were there, you made the call you felt was right, and it wasn't one that actively harmed anyone.

By MRA you mean Men's Rights Activist? Nothing about him comes across as one, he's just a bit of a melon who has some rather idiotic ideas about women and what they want, presumably because he's not actually encountered that many of them, never mind seen their bathrooms.

It's not so much the quote that I posted as much as the wriest of the sillyness he posted after words

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

semantics aside the guy revealed himself to be a bigoted oval office so we can leave it at that

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

everdave posted:

I have a business now and have to pay a yearly tax on THINGS I OWN. Like the value of your desk and your laptop and your file cabinets. Now for my tiny business this is a super low tax (I pay like $20-30) but I find this the most insane thing I can think of.

They're considered assets of your company, imagine being a billion dollar company and using assets to hide your money so you can operate at a loss but have a shitload of money in objects that don't lose value quickly or something else diabolical like that

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

LloydDobler posted:

In more :3: news, my daughter has named my new car Tobias. Now if I could just get "I blue myself" on a license plate somehow. I would get ANALRAPIST or SHEMALE but I'd be explaining myself too much.

just get funke

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno posted:

So I'm having a problem.

I've been lifting weights roughly 3-4 times a week for a month now and last night I realized that they're going up into the air far too easily. Did I break the weights?

make them heavier

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

this week where i have nothing to do at work is going to spoil next week where we finally have confirmations on projects and not everyone is out sick with the plague or in germany

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno posted:

20 hours a week is a lot of loving video game time! I still want to play them, but maybe like an hour a day at most.

I've lost 20lbs in two months. I've cut all sugary juices out of my diet and all fried food. Previously I ate fried chicken 3 times a week, 5 Guys twice a week etc. I buy and eat fruit, low calorie foods, cook at home 5 days a week now.

For exercise I hit the elliptical every day for 15, 30, 45 or 60 minutes depending on how much time I have. Three days a week I'm doing a basic weight routine.

The biggest change is I got off my rear end and decided to make a goddamned change. Anyone who knows me in person can attest to how lazy I was, I didn't want that anymore. My friend's murder was a major motivator to make this happen.

And I'm 5 pounds away from my 90 day goal and I have an entire month left to hit it.

If it makes you feel better I have three nights a week to myself and I go to the gym before binging on video games for 9 hours

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

We're dog watching for the weekend and rascal is on the case

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

angryrobots posted:

That was the end of really a series of events, yes. We also have a young horse who is very submissive. The older horse was increasingly aggressive, and the feed stalls were an attempt to give the young horse the ability to eat in peace. It worked for almost a week, then every day the older horse got more aggressive until it ended in the fence incident.

More concerning than the damage, was before that happened my wife was standing by the young horse who was eating, guarding him with a whip, while the older aggressive horse circled back and forth like a shark, turning and acting like he was going to kick. Not even remotely normal horse (prey animal) behaviour.

Isn't that like some old world horse poo poo or wild horse or something? Maybe he was just a bittervet

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

everdave posted:

I am hesitant to post this, as I can see it can be looked at multiple ways. But yesterday in Nashville on a 4 lane road (5 if you count turning lane) wife and I approach a funeral procession on opposite side (oncoming). Police and highway patrol were not involved but beat to hell 20 year old Caprices with purple flashing lights. We slowed to under 5 miles an hour and I saw 5-10 cars slowly get in right lane and proceed at sub 5 mph. Now it is a custom in TN amd one I respect to stop for funerals. But we were in (or I was in) a rush and so I in the left lane approach at sub 5 mph and when I get to the front where this "patrol car" is I start sliding to the right and this jackass tatted head to toe rent a cop wannabe jumps in front of my car and won't let me pass on oncomi side! I motion for him to get the gently caress out of the way and he flags the other two cars and they come and box me in! Sirens wailing purple lights flashing. He is yelling get out of the car and please remember these are 20!year old shitbixes with their transport company logos crudely painted on the side. Without saying anything else about what I think or feel what do y'all think about this situation? I am open to criticism if you think I was in the wrong.

Call the police and tell them that these plates were driving aggressively and attempting to run you off the road

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno posted:

In Indiana that would be considered an illegal detainment and it's a felony here. I was illegally detained by an off duty FAT security guard a few months ago and it cost that chubby bitch his job.

Demolish all private security firms and imprison those who ah man never mind

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

everdave posted:

I am just pissed. Shaking with rage while it happened thankful I kept it contained during it as in my old age I've learned some things aren't worth it. My wife now admits I was right and what they did was illegal. Will sleep on whether or not is worth my time or life to bother with it as I am happy and blessed but man I am so loving mad.

To me spending a bit of time keeping those fuckers from doing that to someone else is worth it

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Fo3 posted:

G'day.
I feeling a whole lot better now since I got rid of my rotary poo poo. Annoys me that 7 years ago I had almost rust free cars and 50k in the bank so could have spent 15k and had nice cars to own and drive for a short time and made 50k easy. Instead I let them rot and spent the 50k on buying a house and starting a business, both of which ended up badly. Well I still made 50k on the house but had to watch the rotaries get hosed up and I know which result would have made me happier...

Anyway, now I've got money in the bank for the first time in 5 years, a falcon ute to fix and re-licence with 9k to blow on that and my next car (unsure if I will keep the ute. Will probably only keep it for moving house and if I need to store stuff in it or sleep in the tray). It's loving nice to have a plan that's not overwhelming and have the cash to back it up for the first time in 7 years. Such a relief.
Looking at a bmw as well, but people not so helpful in AI anymore it seems. Anyway, people are just starting to chuck any motor in e30 and e34 and I think they're a good buy if I just get a nice stock one and hold onto it. Years ago people were chucking rotaries and v8 or 6cyl turbos into everything rwd (datsuns, corollas, sigmas etc) , they've only just started doing it to bmws but it still hasn't caught on yet which is weird for a well known rwd platform.

Hey you're back and alive! Nice!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

He's still a good boy :3:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno posted:

You're allowed to send out a wedding invite without a "plus one" line on it right?

Generally not if you know they arent single

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Some people's parents try to force their children to have these insane $200/person weddings while not helping at all with the expenses and the kids dont have the balls to tell their parents to gently caress off

sorry that your latest gf wasnt invited to your friend's wedding

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ether Frenzy posted:

Don't invite him if it's that big a deal, he clearly isn't that real a friend if you can't trust him not to embarrass you.

ok i can agree with this

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

rhyno i'm pretty sure half of the drama in your life is self inflicted

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

option 1: this guy is cool and all but he picks awful girls and i dont talk to him much anyways, so i'm not going to invite him and if he asks we'll tell him it's because we ran out of room or whatever

option 2: take him out to lunch and potentially blow up the entire relationship

I mean i understand why you would do that but idk i guess i dont have any friends that are close enough that i would consider inviting but far enough that i could get away with not inviting (because i dont have friends)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

angryrobots posted:

Hah, if I got an invite without the option of bringing my wife, that was a waste of a stamp.

wife is different from girlfriend/SO

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i didnt know what bae systems was but apparently their combat vehicles hq is right near me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Speaking of combat vehicles I saw this on my way to work

A line of about a dozen of them, all driven by army dudes.

• Locked thread