Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Ground Floor. Weather still poo poo in MN. Spring would be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Rhyno posted:

Edit: Oh yeah, went and test drove that cheap Yaris today. The exhaust was incredibly loud and it had a CEL but the deal breaker was it being a smokers car. There was ash in every crevice and a dozen burn holes in each seat.

That's the worst. My car didn't smell too bad but there's like four burn marks by the A pillar, and then some more by the sunroof from when the window rollers stopped working.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

nm posted:

I don't want to go down this road too far, but up in the bike thread we have people in winnipeg riding year round, so.
Minneapolis also has a huge number of year round bike commuters. Takes a dash of htfu though.

My main rationale for not biking in the winter is that I already have a car that's slowly decaying into a pile of rust, why would I want that to happen to my bike too?

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Seminal Flu posted:

Sadly, it looks like the bathroom thread has run its course. Driven into the ground by the OP's stereotypical goony and unrecognized sexism, and another goon being a goon.

It was fun while it lasted. :toot:

Yeah I'm kinda mad at that. I blame the GBS and DnD idiots for melting down at OP's sexism, instead of letting it ride and seeing how far the rabbit hole went.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

mariooncrack posted:

I never understood why you losing weight always offends others.

"Oh you ran 5 miles today? Well I would never do that!"

Jealousy. Unhealthy people don't like seeing similar people escape.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

If you get an invitation with just your name written on it and not "Person and Guest" Its extremely a dick move to take it upon yourself to add someone to your invitation.

That's not going to stop an extreme dick though, but It does seem kind of tacky to me to specify no plus ones. Its kind of a risk you have to assume.

Also if you do online RSVPs then you can set it up so they can only invite themselves.

E: Also this:

scuz posted:

Their wedding, their choice. If you're not friend enough to respect their wishes, it's probably better that you're not there :)

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

funny Star Wars parody posted:

Elon Musk is a giant turd and I hope his business fails

:cheers:

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

funny Star Wars parody posted:

nah dude he's been busy loving actual funding to nasa because libertarians think that space poo poo should be a private venture at this point in humanity's existence

While agree that NASA is important and way better than private spaceflight, I doubt the investors in Musk's poo poo would funnel that money to NASA regardless.

NASA loving owns

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

I'm paid to sell things to make beer/wine/etc.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

scuz posted:

Herbal tea called "Throat Coat" (stop snickering) works wonders. Whiskey only helps me get phlegm outta my throat, but Throat Coat does a great job. It's like a licorice/anise tea, really works.

Agreed

Traditional Medicinals organic throat coat. Terrible name, hippy company, works wonders.

As an aside, I'm really thankful that I'm not addicted to meth. :ohdear:

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Lagers are in fact getting big. Partially because they're delicious and partially because the hops market is totally unable to meet demand, resulting in hugely inflated prices.

Kolsch is also big these days -- in the store we've been unable to get the Kolsch yeast from one of the major yeast companies for like 2 months, until today. Presumably their commercial demand was so high there was none available for the homebrew scale.

Its pretty hosed up how the hops market developed. Nearly all of the crop for the sexy new varieties are under contract for large brewers or distributors, and a lot of the brewers that have contracts get more than they need so they then sell them to other brewers, further inflating prices. The distributors do this too.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Enourmo posted:

It's a tradeoff, alcohol supposedly reduces restful sleep.

After several years of experimental trials I can say that this is absolutely true. Nothing supposed about it.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Adiabatic posted:

gently caress I forgot about Verhaeghe's Duchesse de Bourgogne get that one too holy gently caress I'm salivating right now

Duchesse is too sweet imo.

Rodenbach Grand Cru is the superior flanders red

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Adiabatic posted:

I have never had Grand Cru but holy poo poo have you had Cuvee des Jacobins Rouge jesus loving gently caress

I have and its really good... But Rodenbach. You will not be disappointed.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Rhyno posted:

Why would it raise red flags? Its a rental property, they like weird stuff. I'm not allowed to work in the car with the garage door open either, is that a deal breaker as well?

Is it time to argue about HOAs again? Because that's unironically my favorite argument.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

I am EXTREMELY bored at work right now.

• Locked thread