Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
So Sunday night I took a hot shower. After I got out, my back started absolutely loving killing me. I could hardly walk. Had to walk stiff as a board, couldn't lean over without pain shooting through my back and right thigh.

Monday I could barely get out of bed. I did, and throughout the day my back loosened up and by the end of the day I was mostly OK. A little stiff but that was about it.

This morning, again, I could barely get out of bed. It feels mostly better now, but I'm still walking funny.

I didn't lift anything over the weekend. I haven't twisted it in any weird way that I can remember. What the gently caress?

How long do I give it before I go see a chiropractor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
How long do I wait until I see a real doctor, then? I keep hearing that it'll go away on its own, and I'm only on day two. In the meantime I'm taking ibuprofin and using a heating pad, both of which help quite a bit.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Applebees Appetizer posted:

It would have to be a constant issue, like if it kept happening over a month or something. For me it started getting worse over time because of the job I was doing, had it checked out and subsequently quit my job. Any sort of physical labor aggravates it, and the longer I do it the worse it gets. I think SWP is right, you just slept on it funny and it's sore now, but if it persists for over a few weeks and is not getting any better or worse you should see a doctor.

[e] oh it happened in the shower. Either way, if it persists, doctor.

I'm kind of assuming the hot shower relaxed a muscle and it uh, unrelaxed funny or something. It was perfectly fine before the shower. And my whole life before that.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
My nine year old has a smartphone. Its cheap and costs me like an additional $5 with my plan. I monitor it though and she doesn't even really use it much other than to talk to her grandma, so maybe I'm a bad parent, I dunno.

She has a Chromebook too, and mostly uses it for school and AnimalJam.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
So a buddy of mine is looking at a 1999 Range Rover.

I told him to never buy a $2500 Range Rover, but other than that advice, what should he be looking for if he goes to check this out and how bad of a vehicle will it be for him?

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Ormy posted:

Head gaskets. What exactly does he want it for?

A daily driver. Right now he drives a Jimmy with a badly slipping transmission.

I don't know much about old Range Rovers other than 'do never buy' but I want something more concrete to tell him.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
A buddy of mine is buying this for a thousand dollars.

I'm giving it a month of regular driving before either it's completely dead or at least requires more than a thousand dollars of repair. Over/under on one month?

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

CommieGIR posted:

If he is not willing to work on it himself, and it will break, tell him to pass.

I did, and he did pass, but the guy is desperate and my friend is crazy.

He has two other vehicles (a Jimmy with a badly slipping transmission and a CR-V with a blown head gasket) and he wants this to last just while his Jimmy is getting the transmission fixed, and really I'm more curious than anything at this point.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Crossposting from the Porsche thread because I am now a Porsche owner and can look down on various other peoples I think

It's a 1986 Porsche 944 with 97k miles. I paid $2,800. Brand new Dunlop tires, brand new battery. Still has the factory tool kit and air compressor. Exterior is good from a distance, but there are of course a number of small issues. Interior is really clean. If it sits running for a few minutes it starts idling kinda rough, dropping down to a near-stall and then recovering - I'm thinking vacuum leak or idle control valve of some sort. I'm in the learning process about these cars right now.

First order of business is going to be timing belt/balance shaft belt/general tuneup.

I hope I didn't just throw my money away!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Just read that two Indy car drivers were robbed at a Taco Bell outside of Indianapolis Speedway. One of them was the pole winner for the Indy 500 :ohdear:

Believable. I've been to that Taco Bell. Really the entire area around the Speedway is a bad part of town.

• Locked thread