Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

Powershift posted:

No, i'm just gonna use it for solitare.

It has redundant 1000w hot plug power supplies so i'll never have any solitare downtime, and an E200i raid controller with 128mb cache, so it should make the cards fall real fast at the end.

It feels like whoever configured this thing was just trying to destroy money while not actually making it so quick that they couldn't sell them a new one in 3 years.

Processing and storage in the same box is some peasant poo poo. :smuggo:

ETA:

the spyder posted:

Why would you even want to power that tank? I just e-cylced it's brother with dual e5420's and 48GB ram. My $250 Dell T110 II with a modern xeon/32GB/SSD runs twice as fast.

This, sadly. Every time I decommission a host I think about adopting it but I can't think of a good use besides inefficient space heating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Lipstick Apathy

spog posted:

I watched Suicide Squad last night.

I knew the reviews weren't good, but there's usually some moments of enjoyments in these kind of films,

...I honestly wished I had watched Ghostbusters 2017 again

It's almost impressive how unenjoyable DC's last few have been. Hope they don't gently caress up Wonder Woman because she was the sole bright spot in BvS.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Lipstick Apathy

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

...I'd also disagree WW was the only bright spot in BvS, Batfleck was drat good for the most part. FFS tho, that movie should have been edited a lot better and Lex Luthor redone.

I was exaggerating a little. Batfleck was alright by me, I liked when he was detectiving at Luthors party, bur again WW.

On a positive note, I just sold the 2003 Camry that had been my winter beater the last year for a grand over what I paid for it, registration and repairs. 3 days to sell on Craigslist, first looker, full asking price. Gonna buy some lotto tickets with the proceeds.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Lipstick Apathy

SCA Enthusiast posted:

After several years of experimental trials I can say that this is absolutely true. Nothing supposed about it.

Yep. That's why 4 out of 5 dentists recommend you smoek weed every day.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Lipstick Apathy
So glad the worst car thing my wife does is not clean them. I'll think of this thread and take a deep breath next time I hop in to find all the cup holders full of used napkins and snack wrappers and empty cups.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Lipstick Apathy
My wife loves wagons. I fixed her old Outback's head gasket and she fell madly in love with me. Then we got a better wagon and she married me. She hates pretty much every other car and is stridently anti-manual, but if she doesn't have to drive it she doesn't give a gently caress.
When we get a little more space I'll probably pick up a Miata that will leave her questioning my sexual orientation but for now she graciously allows me two cars, two bikes and a boat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Lipstick Apathy

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Anyone want a second hand driveshaft?

They're probably still quieter at idle than my Outback's cheap remans.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Goddamn, that's a nice truck, cosmetic damage or not.

The damage just means you won't give a poo poo about a door ding.

It's a truck, that's all 'character.'

• Locked thread