Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

stump posted:

RE: Fencing chat. If you are going to be knocking in posts do yourself a favour and get a post driver. Makes life much easier than swinging a big bloody Maul about - at least if you are like me and have crap upper body strength and worse hand eye coordination.

Like this

It took me three re-reads to realize you were talking about putting up fences and not poking pokey swords at others. I shouldn't still be suffering from coffee deprivation at 11am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

funny Star Wars parody posted:

Speaking of combat vehicles I saw this on my way to work

A line of about a dozen of them, all driven by army dudes.

HMMWV are god-awful to drive for any distance in pretty much any environment. Add in typical Army maintenance and they can be downright scary in rain and snow.

Highways in the US are awful, top speed of like 67MPH just below redline in top gear, gamble for AC, no noise damping, and lovely mileage.. god. Plus, you know, they're just not comfortable.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Coming back from Florence on this Saturday during drill, in an FLA ambulance humvee with only 35 hours and 300 miles on it, the transmission made a funny "ping-schff" sound during the 2-3 shift and I only had first gear for the last mile to the nearest exit.

And I was convoy leader and the ENTIRE CONVOY refused to pass as I limped along at redline at 35 mph half on the shoulder.

I'm sorry.

My best/worst incident was during a field training exercise. AT SPEED, the axle detached itself from the front diff, fell to the asphalt, caught, and pogo'd the rear of the vehicle three feet into the air. The driver decided it was a great idea to keep driving down the road another 100 yards on FWD while his brain took the time to process what the gently caress had just happened.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

funny Star Wars parody posted:

it's 9:45a and already 75F outside PRAISE BE 2 GOD HALLELUJAH

Hey look summertime is back.

• Locked thread