Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Yes.

Who the gently caress is Tom Waits?

Lol seriously? Im not really a fan of Tom waits but he's really loving famous and destinctive so idk how anyone born before the millennium couldn't have heard of him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Also everyone read Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders cuz its really good

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

wow how weird there are multiple sufferers of this strange and exceedingly rare visual hallucination disorder in this very thread

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Went to a wedding on Friday and they danced to <whatever> but as soon as my girlfriend got the chance to make a request she asked for Joy Division - Love will tear us apart. I told her I wasn't sure it was an entirely appropriate song to play "what do you mean?" bless her innocent (and clearly non-paying-attention-to-lyrics) heart

Some people just don't listen to lyrics.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Siochain posted:

100% this. At least Musk is trying to do things that better humanity, and doesn't just shill the same poo poo every loving year to people who gobble it down.

All companies are poo poo, all tech is a rip off, BACK TO THE CAVES BITCHES.

ps its almost Friday thank our Lord and Savior Elon Musk, Electrified be his Name.

Better humanity in whose image? I for one don't wish to live in Elon Musk's twisted techno libertarian hellscape thank you very much

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Siochain posted:

Better image than Steve Jobs/Tim Cook's apple-induced shitstorm. I mean, Musk is no Bill Gates, but trying to push renewable resources at a breakneck pace is absolutely bettering humanity. Hell, even if Gen 1 of his solar roof tiles are crap, someone (whether him or another crazy mad scientist-supporter) will do it properly/cheaper/etc.The dude is far from a savior, but he's at least trying. Comon Corn, you can troll better than this, I know your not a Trump supporter or some other dumb poo poo.

Renewables are just one of the many things he's got his hands into, other interests of his such as human-machine interfaces raise a number of nebulous ethical questions and I don't trust Elon Musk and The Free Market to be able address them effectively or to the wishes or benefit of the population at large.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

some people just have a word that they pick out to sound smart like the guy i knew who would shoehorn in the word copasetic whenever possible 🙆

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

RillAkBea posted:

I started off on the JET program then switched between conversation schools and private ALT work a couple of times. You'll probably get placed in the middle of nowhere but as long as you have a couple of cool teachers to work with it can be a great experience though I wouldn't recommend making a career out of it.

My sister moved to Japan with the JET program straight out of uni but quit after 6 months lol. That was 15 years ago and she's still in Tokyo

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

BraveUlysses posted:

lmao you should have gone back to do the nelson ha-ha

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

i cant think of a single reason to go to dubai

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Olympic Mathlete posted:

"...but I'm just big boned"

A friend of mine was a larger lady, claimed she couldn't lose weight for poo poo. She then began to suffer from issues related to her weight and was told by the hospital that they can operate but only when she's a healthier weight as it's too dangerous to do so at the moment. That was a few months back and she's dropped 6 stone/84lb already simply by not eating poo poo. Still has another 2 stone/28lb to go to hit her target weight but she's really not struggled with it and now she says she feels fantastic and quite clearly looks a load healthier.

One of my missus' friends is like this complains that she can't lose weight no matter what she tries but literally eats nothing but pizza, burgers, and macaroni cheese

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Olympic Mathlete posted:

"HOW AM I PUTTING ON WEIGHT?!"

It's very hard to bite your tongue on such matters and I struggle not to be a complete oval office.

I have to hold my tongue as she's my gfs friend so she gets to make the call but we're in another similar situation with this same friend in that she just got engaged and everyone dislikes the fiancé and thinks he's a mega creep (he is) but he seems to make her happy for the time being so what can you do? 🤔

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Olympic Mathlete posted:

That sounds familiar. I was introduced to a bloke years back and he was ok I guess, a bit full of himself but fine in short doses. He acquires a girlfriend who is just adorable and cool and everyone loves her to bits. He loses his mind a little and gets deep into conspiracy theories and spends far too much time on sites like tumblr and becomes the most obnoxious dipshit ever thinking he's better than everyone. All of my friends try to avoid talking to him as much as possible but have all the time in the world for her and we're all very confused about what she sees in him.

...and this was before he decided he liked to dress up in women's clothing, spend all the rent money on make up and get himself sacked from his job for being a twat.

lol drat I hope our situation develops as interestingly as yours did

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Elon Musk, the savior of mankind:
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/may/18/tesla-workers-factory-conditions-elon-musk?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

also rip chris cornell

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

funny Star Wars parody posted:

i fuckin love this

same

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

spog posted:

Plot twist: it was the Snap-on guy.

they're thieves all the same, just of a different nature

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

the few sour beers ive tried have all been amazing

unfortunately i cant remember the names of any of them

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

IOwnCalculus posted:

Sup motherfuckers.

Thanks to a childhood spent attempting to be a Good Mormon I had very little exposure to "hot drinks" and no real temptation to try them. In my adult life I have never spent enough effort to actually acquire a taste for alcohol. Cheap beer or expensive, all I taste is the alcohol and all kinds of bitterness.

This is not surprising to me at all

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

theres no point in owning a pc for gameing anymore just buy a ps4 duhh

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Darchangel posted:

I know that you're being sarcastic, but that's exactly why I got an Xbox 360 years ago. I got tired of trying to keep up with PC hardware, and all the drivers, etc., not to mention trying to afford it. I now have an Xbox One, but there are a few games on the PC worth playing, and the higher resolutions available are tempting.
For instance, I'd like to play Player Unknowns Battlegrounds.

I wasnt being sarcastic at all my friend

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Shrugs Not Drugs posted:

You can do that with a PC too tho. I have for years (replace 5.1setup with hipster vintage hifi setup tho, personal preference). Steam updates games on its own as the updates drop, Big Picture mode is as good as any console UI now and I don't have to adapt to the garbage Bone controller (or worse, a Sony hand-cramping device) cause I'm still rocking the 360 controller. And I can VNC onto it with my laptop and do regular PC stuff or :filez: some movies and poo poo if the mood strikes. My build wasn't expensive at all ($600) and I've more than made up the difference with all the semiannual Steam sales, huge money saver.

Also I highly recommend VR Project CARS cause holy poo poo the ability to turn your head and look into the next corner is fanfuckingtastic.

You can't play bloodborne on a pc tho

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

all i really want in my life carwise is a nice spacious wagon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Preoptopus posted:

After 5 years of busting my knuckles and bathing in oil im out. I started hating cars. I hated raping people in the wallet and flat out lying to them at request of my managers.. Working at a shop is the most toxic thing i have ever been apart of especially with little return. Starting in a new trade I know little about home renovation. Hopefully it's a more fulfilling career.

if i hadnt gotten the job ive got now, i probably would have put the spanners down for good. im probably pretty lucky to be working in a shop where the work and the environment is easy and stress free. my only real complaint is that i find the work insanely boring but w/e

• Locked thread