Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Siochain posted:

Fitnesschat:

Bike people - I need to pick your brains. I have an old, old Trek 4300 (circa 1998/1999). Chain's shot, half the gears are missing teeth, brakes are shot, tires are...old and creaky. I put a LOT of miles on the old girl, and she got me fit once before (and then I graduated uni started working in a pizza joint and now I R balloon man again).

So - do I repair her up? Aluminum frame, fairly heavy duty, lots of miles. Or do I get something new.

And if I go new, I'd mostly be riding a mix of pavement/gravel - rough roads, but not much offroad. If I want to get back into that, I'd keep my Trek and fix her up again in a few years. I'd like to stick within a moderate budget, but hell, throw me some options/recommend me some websites that have decent reviews/etc. Its summer, its nice out, and my fat rear end needs to un-fat a bit.

Fixing up bikes is fun, inexpensive, and really those are the only reasons you need to fix up a bike. You can put whatever kinda tires (within reason) to handle the gravel and rough roads.

https://www.bikesdirect.com has good, inexpensive bicycles. Otherwise I love my Jamis roadbike. Light as heck and very durable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
The band's van's 7.5L V8 sprung an exhaust leak of some variety that has resulted in the loudest, meanest, most grin-inducing Econoline that I've ever seen/heard. Once I get back within ear-shot I'll upload some videos. Holy cow, this thing.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Marriages are about compromise and not black-and-white decision-making?! WEIRD!!

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Having spent just 3 days in Canada as an American, it was very hard to go back home. I fuckin' love Canada.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

funny Star Wars parody posted:

go back in january
I live in Minnesota and enjoy the weather here so v:shobon:v

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Grats, enourmo. That's one helluva bullet to dodge.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
"Calling in 'sick' to look for jobs is a better use of your time than sitting at work and fiddle-fartin' around without getting anything done."

~me 2 hours ago

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
It's a win-win for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe