Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

What the hell is this why are my ears bleeding

Your a bad person and you should feel bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005

The Midniter posted:

Rhyno, it's awesome that you're making positive lifestyle changes, but that doesn't make all vices or leisure activities worthless. Video games in moderation are still a good way to blow off some steam, enjoy a story, have fun with buddies fragging the enemy online, etc. I just want to point this out to help prevent you from becoming "that guy" who rolls his eyes when anyone mentions something they do for fun that isn't ultimately productive.

Not that I should worry too much about a Comic Book Guy, but still. Just keep it in mind.

Alternatively if he's found its made a positive change in his life, there's nothing wrong with leaving an old activity. I personally stopped playing nearly so many games. I used to play a few hours a week. Now it's more like maybe a few hours a month. It's just not as fun for me any more and I always feel like I have something I should be doing instead.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
One of my buddies demanded this be played at his wedding. The song had kind of become an inside joke among our group of friends. The old people looked slightly taken aback. https://youtu.be/2uTMTyqQxl4

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
^^^ One of the Germans at work recommended me that pilsner. Said its brewed in the region hes from so he goes and gets it a lot for a taste of home.

On the IPA topic. IPAs are delicious, but sessions are where its at. Nice flavor but light enough to trow 6 back. Really the only beer I typically dont like are really wheaty or really yeasty beers.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
I'm a stupid bad person. I accidentally maybe bought an AEM e85 fuel pump and an 02 ECU for my 200k mile 04 wrx with the intention of turning it into a speed density flex fuel car. I practically daily this. Also I'm going to drink tons of IPAs while I do the work so you whiny babies don't have to.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
Frankly it was impressive how poorly engineered the juicer was. It was pretty design. But the concept of pressing a bag like that on such a large plate is really dumb. Al lot of the machines parts should have totally been cast with a few machined surfaces. That juicer could have been just as effective, last just as long if not longer and been several $100 cheaper to make.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005

meltie posted:

It really feels like the kind of project an engineering undergraduate turns in before they've got some real-world experience. It feels like a final-year project.

The kind of overdesigning you're encouraged to pursue in Formula Student, as you'd never get away with it in the real world, with actual, y'know, constraints and stuff.
I'd agree. The machined features aren't that well laid out. There are mistake that are big cost adds and just aren't the right way to do things or the right processes. It doesn't seem like they were that experienced, it was early prototype work, or they just don't know what they are doing.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
So a few days ago someone posted some crazy pictures of race car aero. Tiny little carbon wings for days. Does any one have a link or remember what thread that was posted in? I wanted to read more into it but I cant find it anymore.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
So I ran some mountain bike trails for the first time with my brother in DuPont state park (on a loving pimp Santa Cruz Bronson CC). I kind of want to get into it but have a real lovely bike. He gets a hell of a deal on Raleigh bikes so i could pike up a tokul 3 for about $600. Any good reason not to? Only thing I think id want to add would be a dropper post.

https://www.raleighusa.com/tokul-5003

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005

eyebeem posted:

Everyone gets insane deals on Raleigh and Diamondback bikes thanks to the corp codes that have been floating around for the last 8 months.

That being said, the Tokul is a decent enough deal at $600. The fork is just over the line where they transition from garbage to passable. You can probably find a "better" used bike for $600, but for a new bike with a warranty, you won't beat that for the price.

Is $600 your max?

Diamondback has the Sync-r at $880 on their corporate site (you won't see this pricing when you open the link) and comes with a much better fork and overall build. https://www.diamondback.com/mountain-bikes/sync-r

I bought a Raleigh Stuntman on a whim a few months ago and it's been an absolute blast. It was stupid cheap at $1,200 and the build quality is very good. I have no qualms recommending Raleigh if you are looking for a new bike on a budget.

I haven't really established a budget. I'd like to stay under $1k for sure. There's a Sata Cruz Heckler R locally for sale with a dropper for 1.6k that really caught my attention but I don't want to drop that sort of cash on a bike to try out a new hobby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
I rode the Bronson, my brother has a carbon Ibis Mojo 3. It was a ton of fun running little drops and rock gardens (that I doubt were that sketchy) and letting the suspension eat it up. But yeah, i'm leaning towards hard tail for my first bike because it certainly doesn't seem like you can get a good full suspension bike near the same price as a good hard tail.

• Locked thread