Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Boringcar chat, the lease is up on my Corolla so I'm exchanging it for a Civic - Base model on both! Only thing more anonymous would be if they were silver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

IOwnCalculus posted:

And on the flip side, if you tell someone to bring a plus one / get an RSVP for said plus one, make sure they actually have a seat at the table. :argh:

Ugh. My cousin called on the morning of the wedding to ask if she could bring her boyfriend instead of just herself like the invite said when we got it two months ago. I said flatly no and that I was insulted that she'd ask that of me on my wedding day. Then her dad called up (my uncle) and was like "can't you just squeeze him in?" and I again reiterated that I was insulted that they'd ask. I think I wound up saying something like "if you show up with $200 cash for us to pay the caterer and venue and LAVISH tips on all of the people you are putting out by not paying attention, we can probably find him a stool in the back to sit on."

He did not come.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

I'm paid to tell other computer janitors how to janitor computers.

:hfive: I'm a computer janitor wrangler too.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

This but be prepared for Politics. I had a similar thing happen at my last job and even though I was the most qualified on the team (experience, certificates and my own opinion so get that grain of salt out) I was passed right over because I wasn't buddy buddy with the director.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Rhyno posted:

FREE T CRUISER IS BEING PREPPED FOR DELIVERY

It takes a while to charge the canister in those nitrogen car launcher cannons.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

monsterzero posted:

I was talking to a brewer last year and he said the demand for hops was getting crazy. I bet some of the impetus behind the sours/lager renaissance is a result of everyone in their mom brewing triple IPAs and using all the hops.

I really hope the lager thing takes off, I really really like a good lager. I used to be an IPA guy back in the early 2000s, but now it's just nuts. I want to enjoy a beer, not be punished by it.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

monsterzero posted:

If I want to have any more than that or keep a bevvie in my hand all afternoon I need to switch to something too shameful to print here.

I have no shame at all about liking the occasional Genesee Cream Ale.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Somewhat Heroic posted:

bundaberg ginger beer or Mexican Coca Cola.

Wait, aren't you LDS? I thought you didn't have caffeine either? My (great) Aunt and Uncle were LDS and they drank water, juice and Sanka, and that was it.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I'm a lefty and honestly I had no problem shifting with my other hand.

Now, remembering to glance left instead of right for the mirror was another thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

fridge corn posted:

all i really want in my life carwise is a nice spacious wagon

Me too but the wife haaaaaaaaaaaates wagons. It took 10 years of being together for her to accept a hatchback. What I want is a early 70s american wagon, but I won't put my kids in it, so why bother.

• Locked thread