Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stump
Jan 19, 2006

RE: Fencing chat. If you are going to be knocking in posts do yourself a favour and get a post driver. Makes life much easier than swinging a big bloody Maul about - at least if you are like me and have crap upper body strength and worse hand eye coordination.

Like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump
Jan 19, 2006

You Am I posted:

The prefect wedding song was done by Type O Negative - "I Know You're loving Someone Else"

Turn your wedding into an instant episode of Jerry Springer!

We played this at our wedding:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usxRTi-zCT4

The last half of the song is a guy screaming Your life is over repeatedly :v:

stump
Jan 19, 2006

I've found I can usually get a set of 4 OEM BMW wheels with decent brand name tyres (with good tread and recent date codes) for about £150. Much better than whatever ditchfinders you could get for that much.

Unfortunately this means I have 8 wheels for a car I no longer have... I really should get them on eBay.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

How is the Astra? I'm like how they look and I'm intrigued by the 1.4 turbo petrol.

At least roundabouts are somewhat intuitive. As a Brit on holiday in the US, I had managed driving in Manhattan fine. I had driven from from Vegas to Tahoe, then entering San Francisco over the Golden Gate Bridge I thought I had driving in the US sorted. At least until I met my nemesis ... a busy four way stop with no lights. :stare:

stump
Jan 19, 2006

InitialDave posted:

To be perfectly honest, Vauxhall just can't seem to avoid making their cars dull and damped-out to drive, the Insignia in particularly feels like a barge.

Plus the interiors seem to be just boring and meh, while also feeling a size smaller than they should for the class of car.

Try something like the Ecoboost Fiesta instead.

That's a shame. I've driven an few facelift mk1 Insignias and it felt like it was covering up a crap chassis with big rubber... handles well until you get near to the limit and it all falls apart quickly. I was hoping they had upped their game since.

Don't really mind Vauxhall interiors, I'd say I slightly prefer them to Ford's current lot. I still haven't forgiven Ford for their sea of shiny silver plastic phase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump
Jan 19, 2006

I could deffo give up meat for driving, as long as I can still have cheese. Just giving up beef would be easy.

• Locked thread