Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

jBrereton posted:

How do paper scottish fivers come into play with this plastic nonsense

They are all plastic too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

jBrereton posted:

Yeah I'm saying I have some paper ones, they are presumably not usable anymore right?

Same use-by schedule as BoE paper notes, I think. If a retailer won't take them, a bank branch will.

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

sebzilla posted:

YouGov stopped sending me surveys about five years ago and when I go on the site I just have a load of expired poo poo from 2012. I don't really care but the occasional £50 would be nice, I'd sort of forgotten about it until now.

You've got to really grind to get the fifty bucks these days. All I get now is stuff about whether I'd recommend a friend or family member work for <some company I've never heard of> or TV surveys. Google Rewards at least pays you the pennies right away, which has been enough for me to upgrade to pro-versions all the apps I use, buy a few books etc on their coin. They're obviously using it to tweak location services, but I'm happy to tell them I've just been near a shop in exchange for 12p. Top tip: walk through a shopping centre or along a busy shopping street occasionally.

Just checked - Rewards has paid me 40-odd quid in the last 18 months for a series of surveys that take a minute to do.

TheHoodedClaw fucked around with this message at 00:02 on May 2, 2017

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Also something weird is definitely up because for some reason the BBC site is giving me the "most read" articles from a couple of days ago.

It's "Macron wins over French debate audience" right now?

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

Uhhh, sixth form colleges? gently caress are you talking about? We didn't have sixth form colleges when I left school in 2002, and I feel confident in saying that sixth form has literally never been a thing in Scotland so I don't see how the SNP could gut a thing that doesn't exist.

So you'll need to clarify that or shut the gently caress up

We didn't have sixth-form colleges when I left school in 1986. (We've never had sixth-form colleges, I suspect he's talking about further education colleges).

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Apparently, telling Katie Hopkins to "gently caress off you vile oval office, and when you've hosed off gently caress off some more, then gently caress off again and again until you've hosed off forever" gets you this on Twitter

You can't swear too much at blue ticks, unless you are a blue tick yourself.

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

The gently caress is that terrible, terrible, delicious looking thing?

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

Pochoclo posted:

It's a choripán with chimichurri. Basically a barbecued argentinian chorizo sandwich with chimichurri which is a sauce usually made of parsley, garlic, oil, red pepper and some other stuff.
The chorizo itself is more like an italian beef/pork mix sausage, with plenty of coarse fat, and probably paprika and Malbec wine (I honestly don't really know what goes into traditional argentinian chorizo, but that's what the Internet seems to believe)

It's a heavenly thing to eat but by god it's heavy on the stomach.

Well clearly Greggs need to up their game considerably.

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

There's quite a glaring mistake in that chart - the NI numbers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

mehall posted:

The NI numbers will be referring to the fact that Sinn Fein do not take their seats, so do not contribute to the numbers needed for a majority, i would assume.

No, there's currently 18 seats in NI, as there was in 2015. Sinn Fein have 4.

• Locked thread