Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

So um, after 1.9 years of legal back and forths, one appeal, and countless thousands of pounds spent, I have apparently just been granted UK citizenship. Just got off the phone with my lawyer. This dirty EU person is now allowed to legally moan about the weather and complain about everything. :yaycloud:

Omfg I'll be able to vote in the upcoming general election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

Edit: Thank you ^^^ It's been such a gruelling and hard journey I'm finally happy it's been dealt with. I had already assumed they probably rejected it and was expecting to be put on some EU untermensch list.

Bobstar posted:

Haha, yes, I think I've mentioned this before, but much as I don't trust any British government not to leave a hypothetical ID database on a train, there is a certain convenience to being officially registered as living somewhere/existing, with a magic number that unlocks services.

When I was opening a business bank account I tried doing it through HSBC. They told me they needed statements from my personal bank account for *security* reasons. I do personal banking with HSBC, and they said they can't accept HSBC statements.

awesome-express fucked around with this message at 16:50 on May 4, 2017

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

Miftan posted:

Congratulations, I hope that when I get around to my application it won't take as long..

Thank you. I had a non-standard background of opening companies and travelling a lot to generate investment for said entrepreneurial ventures. Getting consistent p45s/p60s was nigh impossible, topped with a very complex travel history, created the legal conundrum that I was stuck in.

If you're interested, I can introduce you to my lawyer who will help you out through this process.

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

edit: nvm

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

Sapozhnik posted:

I can deal with things being poo poo if there's at least a possibility that things may get better. I am absolutely certain that things in the UK will continue to get worse, the only question is exactly how quickly everything goes to hell.

What does your heart tell you? Britain will end up being what Banon wants the US to become. During times of turbulence opinions always to lean to extremes and then normalise over time. The next 5-10 years will be intense as hell.

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

Here's a hot take on Trident: as long as there are malicious actors who possess nukes then there needs to be a deterrent to prevent said actors from acting on their malicious goals.

Ideally we wouldn't need nukes but we live in world where people would unironically vote for Tory Jesus.

Thank you ladies and gentlemen :tipshat:

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

TomViolence posted:

This is very true. How can China, Russia and North Korea expect to protect themselves against NATO without a nuclear deterrant? The world may never be safe from dangerous rogue states like the US, UK and France.

Ah yes the beacon of liberty and freedom of expression that is North Korea.

Those dastardly and dictatorial Frenchmen sure are the blocker to a fairer and less oppressive planet.

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

Oberleutnant posted:

Reasonably priced, too.

Yeah no kidding. I pay £12 for decent fish in chips in london

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

So if Labourt and the LibDems were to form a coalition, would that guarantee a win?

• Locked thread