Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

https://twitter.com/daily_politics

Some Abbott reaction in there, plus a Blair 20th anniversary tribute for those who like that sort of thing. There's also this

https://twitter.com/daily_politics/status/859352733245202432

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Council election chat: I've had one leaflet through, and it's from the Tory fella who's almost certainly going to retain his position anyway. Effort.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Might have had a minor heart attack or something to prompt it, but it's not exactly a shocking decision is it.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Seaside Loafer posted:

The Telegraph have a collection http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/prince-philip/9883276/Duke-of-Edinburghs-best-gaffes.html

"While touring a factory near Edinburgh he said a fuse box was so crude it "looked as though it had been put in by an Indian".

He has a point about Tom Jones.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

jBrereton posted:

*in extremely rat leaving what they think is a sinking ship voice*

"Yeah my granddad's greengrocer's off-and-on girlfriend was Irish, can I have a passport please??"

The ship is sailing on a sea of endless "gently caress off Remoaners" tweets.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

winegums posted:

Is that even a real loving photo? Have they just photoshopped May into everything? That girls' smiling and May looks like she's looking right through her
That's May for you. I prefer this one:

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

My vote was not enough to push UKIP out of second, but all the turncoat Tories were enough to take them down elsewhere. Every cloud also has another cloud behind it.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

If you think the Tories have done well now, imagine what another month of STRONG AND STABLE will do for them !!

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Alchenar posted:

At this point it's a silver lining that Labour voters are staying home rather than actively defecting. For all the doom and gloom in the thread, Labour can still start winning any time it decides it wants to win.

Cheers Tony.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

https://twitter.com/BBCFHewison/status/860414616425439232

#LDFB

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Fella on Look East just now saying that he wants UKIP to remain a single issue party, but for that issue to become FGM instead. I didn't miss out the "Y" there.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Steve2911 posted:

I assume they're in favour of it?

Totally against it, presumably because of who they assume to be the culprits.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Sorry not sorry:

https://my.mixtape.moe/qyuttl.webm

She also made the point that we shouldn't go chopping and changing the leader with Brexit negotiations going on, confirming the UKIP -> Tory logic.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Party Boat posted:

Not all brexiteers are racist, I'm willing to accept that some are merely thick.

Not all remoaners are classist, I'm willing to accept that some are merely arrogant.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Labour's immigration policy set to be revealed in ten days, key moment in the campaign perhaps.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

I don't think it's going to be fulls balls to the wall, writing on the mug levels of immigration, but there has to be some sort of concession otherwise it's political suicide, which I think is why they're keeping tight-lipped about it for now.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

On a separate tangent, something I've just heard about that I don't think came up at the time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Num2cPut_5Q&t=14166s (3:56:06)

McDonnell getting fed up with STRONG AND STABLE and comparing the Tories to Daleks. TBH they probably wanted to use the Daleks' catchphrase.

66: Average STRONG AND STABLE count per minute.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Another Eastern European coming over here and undercutting a hard-working Brit

quote:

Dan Evans says he still considers himself to be the British number three - despite being overtaken by Aljaz Bedene in the world rankings.

British number four Evans, 26, dropped to 58th in Monday's latest standings, two places below Slovenia-born Bedene.

Bedene, 27, moved to the UK in 2008 and switched nationality in March 2015.

"I don't think he really believes he's British either," said Evans after losing in the Madrid Open first round to Robin Haase on Monday.

"It's nothing against Aljaz. I like him, he's not confrontational in any way - but to me it doesn't sit well if you play for another country.

"I don't feel bad about him, but for me it's a bit baffling as to why."

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

The One Show is for the many, not the few.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

https://twitter.com/daily_politics

Are UKIP relevant any more? Let's discuss at excruciating length. That question was headline news on Look East the other day as well. I expect a Panorama ep on it, and probably a Horizon one and all.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Red Oktober posted:

Get married, have actual children... yeah, the 18+ voting age is an absolute sham.

I'd rather things like those be raised to 18 than have the voting age lowered to 16.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Breath Ray posted:

That question to hjb

Thanks for the question. 16 year olds are schoolchildren, not schooladults. Give them a chance to get out of that bubble and experience the real world for a bit before having the opportunity to make decisions that will affect them for the rest of their life.

Cerv posted:

First time an SA post has ever advocated raising the age of sexual consent

I've said it before! If you put the AoC up then it means for certain that schoolkids aren't legal, so you don't get newly-passed drivers rocking up outside schools in their souped-up Saxos seeing who they can pull. In theory. Reminder I live in Essex.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

You also get 17 year olds being done for noncery just for having consensual sex with other 17 year olds.

Unless the country is riddled with 15 year old nonces under the current law I don't think this would be the case. Maybe make it 17 as a compromise if it was though, still does the job.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

That's a very middle class house.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-39894643

That's it, I'm voting Tory.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

What in the gently caress.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Your gimmick is poo poo but usually funny, I'm conflicted.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

AP posted:

You just need to work on funny.

https://twitter.com/SolidSanics/status/842116983671910405

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

My nearest marginals are all comfortably miles away, but I put that down to most places around here being solid blue.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

josh04 posted:

I can't imagine what we did in the last twelve months to receive so few votes from the European public.

More than usual though, strangely enough. Only the Irish really seemed to care.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Good news for Labour:

Even the Express are reporting a sub-150 majority and sub-400 seats for the Tories.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

MrL_JaKiri posted:

He self described as a nazi, I think we can go beyond font usage

Racist AND a Nazi? I thought metal was all about PLUR.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Here's the full thing:

I mean, it's an angle.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

The Daily Politics have Democratic Nationalists covered:

https://twitter.com/daily_politics/status/864088211336814592

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Steve2911 posted:

I was in Essex for the weekend and there was a gently caress-off-massive coach covered in UKIP branding full of terrifying waving thumbs. I could only stare gormlessly as it drove past me on a quiet road and they all just... Looked at me and waved.

I really thought they were just loving off.

Hahaha, oh goodness no, those on the east coast who can't bear to go full blue will stay purple. First line of defence against the foreign types, you see.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

I had no idea who Sasasas were but after looking them up I'm disappointed, I've been hoisted by my own PLUR.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

namesake posted:

lol, always hover over the link people!

Who bothers with links? Sasasas are real, that's what concerns me the most.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

That's three and counting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

ukle posted:

But we can't talk about immigration as that's 'racist'

MikeCrotch posted:

1. Loads of people would leave and not vote for an openly racist labour (like me)

It's difficult isn't it ukle?

• Locked thread