Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Do any of the polling companies ever have a census or something, where we can see the demographic they're using for polling?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Could you not just put automated barriers on the entry and exit that you use a patient number or something to operate?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

When Stuxnet was a thing it made its way onto secure systems by a flash drive, since the first thing a lot of people will do when they find a USB stick is to plug it into the nearest computer to see what's on it.

It's always amazing how far people will go to circumvent their protection systems on IT equipment.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

A Spherical Sponge posted:

Really I only care because I really love sodium and incandescent lighting. Feels cosy. if they had filters for led lights that gave them the same light distribution as incandescents then I wouldn't care, though my dad tried to do that once with the led lights he installed in our kitchen and it just gave everything a sickly theatre production yellow sort of look.

they make LED filament lamps now to try and replicate the old incandescent filaments, a lot of coffee bars and other places trying for the stripped-back industrial aesthetic use them.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

A friend of mine looking to return to the UK with his wife sent me this today:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/customer-enquiry-service-changes

quote:

From 1 June, all customer enquiries will be handled by a new commercial partner Sitel UK.

The new contract will see a number of changes for customers. These changes help the government reduce costs and ensure those who benefit directly from the UK immigration system make an appropriate contribution.

The main changes for customers applying from outside the UK are:

all phone numbers and opening hours will change
the number of languages offered is reducing to 8 including English
customers who contact UK Visas and Immigration by email will be charged £5.48
You will need to pay using a credit or debit card for contacting us by email. The charge includes the first email enquiry you send and any follow-up emails to and from the contact centre relating to the same enquiry.

A fiver and change for an email sent regarding an immigration enquiry. I guess they'd also frown on use of email forwarding services?

e: and also nickel and dime you over what does and doesn't constitute 'the same enquiry'

kecske fucked around with this message at 16:45 on May 30, 2017

• Locked thread