Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

jabby posted:

Some prick 'expert' on BBC news saying that it's impossible to raise much money from the rich because they already pay such a high percentage of taxes and their tax burden has actually gone up a lot over the last seven years.

Someone remind me when taxes on the rich were increased in the last seven years?

Rich people exist in a quantum state where they pay way too much tax already but also taxing them more would certainly not be able to bring in enough money to pay for public service X, and they're all really smart with their accountants and loopholes so it's futile to even try and tax them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

The real lovely effect of tuition fees is how it impacts universities themselves negatively. The money from tuition gets spent on building facilities to make the place look better on campus tour days rather than improving the quality of education or the number of students per lecturer, and lecturers are discouraged from failing anyone because it would negatively impact the bottom line.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Miftan posted:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...d=facebook-post

I hope everybody is getting to know the renren.com layout!

I had to check this was the independent and not a parody site twice while reading this article. loving hell.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

TheRat posted:

Can someone explain why Britain is in such a unique place that it can't possibly afford to have a corporation tax in line with the rest of the developed world? Britain has a ridiculously low corporation tax, yet every time I see it mentioned people act as if the Labour tax increase is going to cause terminal meltdown.

The public does not know what our corporation tax rate is, nor that it's less than other countries, they have just had it hammered into them by the Tories and the press that raising it would make them all flee the country and also they have super smart accountants that would cheat their way around it anyway so why even try.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Looke posted:

why is his name in triple brackets

It's a 'sticking it to the amercian alt-right' thing, they used it online as code to signify Jewish people/Globalist boogeymen now twitter people use it to reclaim it and/or mock them.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Seaside Loafer posted:

The full version of that with Corbs speech is pretty cool. If the fucker could clone about 100 versions of himself and go do that everywhere he would be a dead cert.

Get him some of that French hologram speech tech

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

She's stuck in a loop

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I'm swiping at my tablet screen desperately trying to see overleaf

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Josef bugman posted:

I'd just like to ask everyone in the thread for an actual topic as opposed to bargaining our lightbulbs. Why do you think that Corbyn has gone up in peoples estimations over this election campaign?

I mean I like the ideas expressed by him and am in favour of most of his policy positions, and I'd like to hope that it's like that for everyone, but what do you guys think?

The increased focus on the candidates since the election was called meant more people got to watch him speak directly rather than read what the papers said his opinions and policies were

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Rename the thread 'the seductive power of Jeremy Corbyn', tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

awesome-express posted:

So if Labourt and the LibDems were to form a coalition, would that guarantee a win?

Popular vote share does not translate to seats like that

• Locked thread