Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
Sky news confirming fatalities, quoting Manchester police

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Sinteres posted:

Some thread experts are sure that it's not, so she might want to check her facts.

It's Muslim fanatic until proven otherwise these days, c'mon now.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

TomViolence posted:

I bet it was the gubmint wot done it. "Oh poo poo, labour's gaining in the polls, time to kill some children!"

waiting for someone to unironically post this on FB

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

SteelMentor posted:

Man, if only we could figure out what makes these young, isolated, alienated, frustrated young men lash out like that. Couldn't be the volitile mix of depression and toxic masculinity.

Ah well, let's keep on discriminating and alienating them, that'll fix things.

Had to google what "toxic masculinity" is and holy poo poo gently caress off

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Lightning Lord posted:

Make sure you use the dead victims as a political prop, especially if it goes against the wishes of their families!

but enough about the tories

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
Labour will make Britain a force for good, the Tories would take us to war - Emily Thornberry

Ugh the Labour foreign policy manifesto sounds amazing. And it's the only way these kinds of things will ever stop.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Apparently, telling Katie Hopkins to "gently caress off you vile oval office, and when you've hosed off gently caress off some more, then gently caress off again and again until you've hosed off forever" gets you this on Twitter

Wouldn't bother, she's probably absolutely delighted all the publicity that calculated tweet will get her (the vile oval office).

My fave from her today was the one telling "Western men" to go be men and do manly man things (like beating up some brown guy you saw in the street :ssh:) and stop being pussies

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

i don't understand the blood thirsty threadshitters, after such events i just feel soul crushing sadness

They feel vindicated, and they don't get to have that feeling very often.

I thought a lot of them were just being ironic/devil's advocates or whatever but then I started looking at rapsheets and welp

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

This is dumb.

1. Intelligence is not security theatre.

2. It's "Those who would give up a essential liberty for a temporary security, deserves neither." which notes an essential liberty. What essential liberty was lost in him being noted a person of interest prior to the events?

They have already been granted pretty obscene powers of surveillance, and received multiple tip offs from people about the bomber and didn't take them seriously.

The problem is more likely incompetence or understaffing.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
Is the obvious attack of "exploiting the tragedy" going to work, or are people coming around to Corbyns view finally?

He's only 5 pts behind, that taunting bastard called Hope has its claws in me again :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
Really doubt many watched the debate live. The Sky news youtube only had like 30k viewers.

So all people will have to go on is what they're told in the papers...and the papers are just going with JC having an obviously embarrassing fumble on the radio anyway :v:

• Locked thread