Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Guavanaut posted:

I got a Clydesdale Bank fiver in the pub on Saturday and it was also poly.

just because you like to press together your cash and pretend Nan Shepherd is making out with the Queen does not mean they're capable of forming romantic relationships

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

LemonDrizzle posted:

The German newspaper FAZ has an account of the midweek dinner meeting between May/Davis and Juncker, which is really not complementary at all of the PM; the Economist's Berlin bureau chief did a translation of the highlights on Twitter: https://twitter.com/JeremyCliffe/status/858810953353367552

e: the Reuters writeup of the article is here: http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-may-idUKKBN17W09L

Unfortunately, this is likely to be an ongoing feature of the brexit farce, with the EU perspective on the proceedings being primarily reported in non-English language sources and thus less visible to the UK public.

strong and stable leadership :tif:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Skinty McEdger posted:

No Tony Parsons is actually a massive idiot.

Oh hey, you're not wrong. I'm still finding it hard to believe a real person wrote that tweet in any kind of seriousness but the evidence seems to point that way.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

There's phoning it in and then there's err...

http://i.imgur.com/2CBkTUG.jpg

"work for you I do" is at least comprehensible, I think Cllr h b+b is being unfairly maligned here

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

every now and then one of us may find ourselves with some lingering hope of coming up with a line or two that will, if not stop the smugposting entirely, at least convince pissflaps to maybe find a way to engage with the thread that doesn't make it painful to read on a regular basis

when finding yourself in such a mood, do your best to catch yourself, count to 10, and remind yourself of the true nature of The H-Word.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Skinty McEdger posted:

It's pretty cool that in their attempts to pass off the reports about the dinner with Juncker as just Brussels gossip they've managed to confirm pretty much all of the details of it, from the expectation to get citizens status done by June through to the whole "lets make Brexit a success" line.

These stories are completely false, and also it shows how negotiations will be difficult despite how the difficult negotiations did not in fact happen due to being false. Strong and stable.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

The Tories are trying to turn us into a martyrdom culture, and are having an impressive amount of success.

if only they would do the polite thing and go first

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I see the Guardian are trying really really hard to make Chipsgate a Thing

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

Can someone explain what was wrong with this post please?

R. Guyovich got confused by his avatar and tried to cyber-arrest him for war crimes

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

No bombs for our Army. Not a single bomb. No guns, either, as these are just tiny bombs. Nothing powered by fire. No electricity, which is just a form of tiny fire. This is what Jeremy dreams of, as he sleeps, surrounded by vegetables. This is Corbyn's Britain.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

A poor tiny soldier shuffles up to jeremy corbyn, bowl in hands outstretched. "Please sir," he begs, "I want some bombs."

"BOMBS?" growls mean old Mister Corbyn

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

big scary monsters posted:

it's possible one of them has killed three people but I can't be sure it isn't someone else around the same age in the same neighbourhood with the same name. local councillors lol

Sounds like someone's prepared to make the tough strong choices required to reduce council expenditure by reducing demand for public services. Vote #1 imo

If I want to put the Tory candidate last do I have to rank all the intermediate ones too or can I just do the top couple and the last one?

But yes, in Scotland you do have to vote all the ones in between if you want to vote someone last. #votetillyouboke. Maybe do your best to calculate the exact number of poors they want to kill and vote in order of least to most?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

i mean surely after going through 14 necks the blade will have slowed down a bit. not sure if enough to make it not kill you, i'm no murder scientist. make it a bit higher maybe? i'm the ideas guy

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Namtab posted:

I really hope that Labour will be able to avoid infighting

ahshahaahahassbahsahsahabashsjssbshbjs

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

spectralent posted:

Incidentally I had always thought your name seemed familiar and assumed it was some anime thing I'd forgotten until the other day when I was wearing a batman T-shirt and checked myself over in a mirror. Then I was suddenly like "Oh, namtab."

thank you, this is like the moment i read 'Alertrelic' properly and realised it was in fact two words and not some kind of weird adjective, all over again, what a day

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I will never reveal the secret meaning behind my username.

Also here's this while I wait for files to transfer so I can go to sleep. Long way to go yet, I guess for some reason a lot of Wales is reporting early?

The snp has already got 1 seat with 0 votes, so i guess STV is more complex than I thought

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

That's wild. Wonder how many seats they pick up on Glasgow City Council. They had just the one until yesterday.

how many balustrades are there in the council building, who knows they may finally achieve a 1:1 balustrade/dickhead with a flag ratio

e: oh no i had a look on google, there's like thirty of the fuckers, the council flag wars will not be won yet

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

jabby posted:

Because that would take longer than the lifetime of the parliament.

not if Theresa extends the lifetime of parliament it won't. How does a thousand years sound

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

it's impressive how Corbyn has managed to simultaneously lie about being in favour of Brexit and lie about being against Brexit

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Doesn't he still owe us one about level crossings that was promised before I actually posted regularly?

the level crossings post did happen in the end. or maybe i dreamt it.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Angepain posted:

the level crossings post did happen in the end. or maybe i dreamt it.

oh no, here it is

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Wow, engaging with the Nazi was really productive guys, some top debate here :jerkbag:

I loved the polls showing the public agrees with Jezzas policies but also think his policies are unrealistic. British people are bad and dumb you guys.

if/when he loses just sit back and watch this get spun as, "well obviously the problem with jeremy corbyn was he said some remotely left-of-centre things sometimes"

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

ukle posted:

NHS has extended support cover from MS to patch those. It costs them an absolute fortune as well for MS to provide the support.

somewhere a team of programmers sits in an office knowing if they don't keep writing patches for this 15-year-old Microsoft software, people will die. their life is endless suffering

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

ugh they're not even trying with that limerick it's not just a rhyme scheme people jesus christ

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

The problem is, as someone voted Green on the regional ballot last year (helping John Finnie return to Holyrood which was good), actually taking a shot at the Scottish Green Party in the attempt to win over their voters is a really stupid way to go about it. And that's what this is. It's dumb, it's tone deaf and ultimately counter-productive.

The "For a greener, fairer Britain" part is fine. It's good, positive, but the truth is that if Scottish Labour want to win over Green voters they need to stop running away from Corbyn & more importantly, from his (& Labour's) platform this June. Never mind that his policies are popular with a whole lot of people, they will be even more popular with Green voters. But instead it's just this. Because ScotLab have no ideas. Which is depressing. Scotland needs a strong Labour Party so we can avoid SNP not being held to account from the left, but apparently they just want a slow, steady slide into extinction.

it's the standard Scottish labour strategy of

1) Insult others
2) i dunno, maybe offer something of our own, maybe if there's time (don't work too hard on this one)
3) see 1)

which has been proven to work 100% fantastic for years.

oh hey it's also the strategy of the labour anti-corbyn crowd, guess these guys are sharing notes

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I see the sequel to Your Name is going in some strange directions

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Oberleutnant posted:

It's cool living in an actual dystopian cyberpunk future, but i really wish we had more neon and mohawks.

Be the change you wish to see in the world

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

You guys are misreading that graphic. The figures listed are the numbers of British service personnel killed by Jeremy Corbyn, with his bare hands on the battlefield.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

look all we need to do is find a way to fix this massively complex and important issue but without having to spend any time or money on it, surely that isn't too difficult

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

jabby posted:

BBC news just went to Jeremy Corbyn's comment on the cyber attacks. They played the part where he condemned the attackers and cut away the second before he launched an attack on Hunt and the government for letting it happen.

gently caress's sake.

at least they didn't include the bit at the end where he clarified that if any of the patients involved were soldiers then that was okay because he wishes them to die, he wishes them all dead, and then began cackling with glee

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

MikeCrotch posted:

The two big priorities after the election for Labour have to be sorting out the nomination system for leaders and getting rid of Dugdale & her hangers on so that Scottish Labour can actually try and take some seats off the SNP.

The question is how is this going to end up better than the previous elaborate SLab strategies of "Let's replace Iain Gray with [someone???]" and "Let's replace Johann Lamont with [???someone???]" and "Let's replace Jim Murphy with [?????someone????]"

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

i see we've found hakimashou's youtube account

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

This is the first time in my life I have heard actual british people from britain use the word "chunnel". You're all dead to me.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

Is being a middle class white woman attending Oxford the easy mode of life?

what do you think the three most important attributes in that sentence are

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

middle class
Oxford
woman

So, just to clarify here, you believe a person gets enough advantages from society by being a woman to outweigh those that person would get from being white?

Is misandry more damaging to a person than racism?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

This is bizarre. This is a direct attack on their core supporters. I literally do not understand this policy.

Well because Labour is responsible for all the country's economic ills by spending all the pounds, it's actually Labour that are responsible for what the Tories have been cruelly forced to do in order to balance the budget, and furthermore

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Lord of the Llamas posted:

Tories are going to introduce voter ID laws.

what is the cheapest form of identification a person can get? A passport? £72.50 to vote, please.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I'm going to take a while guess and claim, without watching it, that the leader's debate is a total shitshow where no insight useful to any person is ever expressed in the whole two-hour period

how'd i do

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

TinTower posted:

Time Skeletor has been on screen during the leader's debate: 30 seconds.

I thought Jim Murphy had resigned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

someone please find the nearest Crunchie and tell us what country it was made in, the future of our economy may depend on it

• Locked thread