Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

That's right everyone. Last month, it was officially announced that the former Total Nonstop Action/Impact Wrestling merged with the greatest project in the history of our sport, Global Force Wrestling! We know that a merger is just the superior company absorbing the far inferior one, and I refuse to let us pretend otherwise. As such, come here for all discussion of all things Global Force!

Link to the previous Global Force Wrestling Discussion Thread (requires the Global Force Network): https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3626161&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Videos Discussing Global Force Wrestling from Noted Idiot Poster MassRanTer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e3SflTCW0w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgOyWtF5xt4

In April of 2014, Jeff Jarrett announced that he was going to change the world of wrestling with an elite batch of wrestlers, later announced to be the likes of Magnus Nick Aldis. Goons responded by MOCKING him, INSULTING him, yet here, a little after the 3 year anniversary of Global Force Wrestling's inception, it has 2 hours of weekly television (more than ROH, New Japan, and all those traitors wasting away in NXT), proving all the haters and doubters wrong. The next step is to getting a 1.0 TV rating again, which will put Global Force on the level of WWE.

List of GLOBAL FORCE CHAMPIONS, BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE SPECTACULAR JEFF AND KAREN JARRETT:

GFW Global Champion: THE INCOMPARABLE, UNSTOPPABLE Magnus (who defeated NXT Champion Bobby Roode to win the title, proving Global Force > NXT)
GFW NEX*GEN Champion: Cody
GFW Women's Champion: Christina Von Eerie
GFW Tag Team Champions: Nobody is worthy of holding them.

Tapings may or may not have occured to change these.

Global Force Wrestling is also featuring the corpse of TNA's titles, but let's face it, none of those can stand up to the Supreme Talent of Global Force Wrestling.

Total Nonstop Action has #JoinedTheForce, World of Sport will soon follow, and it is about goddamn time for all of us to as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Join The Force. Holla if you hear me

Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil
So how long does the GFW belt last as a separate title until they unify the titles?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Martian Buddy posted:

So how long does the GFW belt last as a separate title until they unify the titles?

*rolls dice*

Slammiversary

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

A+ thread title

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

i'm still amazed this company thinks a loving announcer feud is what's going to get them over

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

DJExile posted:

i'm still amazed this company thinks a loving announcer feud is what's going to get them over

I'm amazed this company will have two Slammiversaries in the last three years with main events built around Global Force Wrestling.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm Don West in that pic

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Every time I hear things about TNA its things like "LAX is back, but they replaced the best guy of the three with someone who sucks because he's too busy being great in New Japan." Its pretty amazing.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who in their right mind would rebrand a dead a toxic name to a non existent scam name and FEUD the two brands?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
the best tna moment will forever be when they wrote an entire storyline and marketing campaign about getting the MAIN EVENT MAFIA back together despite all of them working for wwe at the time, on the assumption they'd quit and join TNA

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

if you squint really hard you might see like 3 people worth a poo poo

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

corn in the bible posted:

the best tna moment will forever be when they wrote an entire storyline and marketing campaign about getting the MAIN EVENT MAFIA back together despite all of them working for wwe at the time, on the assumption they'd quit and join TNA

Hernandez joining THE BEAT DOWN CREW and thereby putting a ton of TV into unairable legal limbo is up there.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oh yeah wasn't that where like everyone on screen had to be blurred out?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

DJExile posted:

oh yeah wasn't that where like everyone on screen had to be blurred out?

Moreso.

There were like 3 or 4 matches where the winners would face off in a multiman for a title shot.

Hernandez won one of his qualifiers, and then was in the match.

They cut the matches and blurred him out in some roster shots and had to fill time like crazy.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

DJExile posted:

I didn't know Gail Kim left.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Oh my god Corgan bought the NWA

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

exploded mummy posted:

Moreso.

There were like 3 or 4 matches where the winners would face off in a multiman for a title shot.

Hernandez won one of his qualifiers, and then was in the match.

They cut the matches and blurred him out in some roster shots and had to fill time like crazy.

Reminder that late last year TNA also had to blur out a ref in a Hardys match because he was signed to Lucha Underground.

Chris James 2 posted:

Yeah right, like that's gonna-

*looks at Google News*

What the gently caress?!?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Corgan vs. TNA is my favorite feud :munch:

E: oh my god please have a mountain state reunion/invasion or some poo poo

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
But what will BRUCE THARPE DESU do now?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DJExile posted:

they all look like Bray Wyatt.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Chris James 2 posted:

Yeah? What did that cost him, $20, maybe $25?

DJExile posted:

James Storm, Eddie Edwards, Davey Richards and....

Well, you might be right.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Germansimp posted:

Reminder that late last year TNA also had to blur out a ref in a Hardys match because he was signed to Lucha Underground.

The Hernandez situation was a lot worse.

The ref was a one in a million thing of happening (It was a show in Mexico and only a few refs in Mexico who have a US tv contract.) And only was in one segment.

Hernandez wanted out of LU (possibly be because his last angle involved angry neckbeards whipping him with belts because he said dragons weren't real), and got conditionally released.

He couldn't work on TV until Ultima Lucha finished, got back into TNA via MVP, never told anyone about the condition, so they inserted him into the ME picture and was written into like a quarter of the show.

At no point did TNA ever call LU to clear it woth them, and they had to scrap and rewrite a show they already had in the can. MVP got canned too.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

exploded mummy posted:

At no point did TNA ever call LU to clear it woth them, and they had to scrap and rewrite a show they already had in the can. MVP got canned too.

Just when he thought it was safe to pick up the phone...

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

exploded mummy posted:

Hernandez wanted out of LU (possibly be because his last angle involved angry neckbeards whipping him with belts because he said dragons weren't real)

That match was awesome, especially Vampiro's commentary.

"What kind of grown man doesn't believe in dragons?" :allears:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Give it what, a year, before WWE buys the license off him?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Davros1 posted:

Give it what, a year, before WWE buys the license off him?

I don't know what they'd want it for. Don't they already have most of NWA's tapes?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

DJExile posted:

I don't know what they'd want it for. Don't they already have most of NWA's tapes?

Oopsy, posted in the wrong thread. It was meant for the NWA thread. But I'm sure they'd love to at least own the NWA brand out and out.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
I.. he... what? Did I somehow land in an alternate dimension where Billy Corgan bought NWA and GFW\TNA merged and Bray Wyatt is champion? I'm scared. Someone hold me.

:psyduck:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Irritated Goat posted:

I.. he... what? Did I somehow land in an alternate dimension where Billy Corgan bought NWA and GFW\TNA merged and Bray Wyatt is champion? I'm scared. Someone hold me.

:psyduck:

Bray was champ, he hasn't been since like April

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Chris James 2 posted:

Bray was champ, he hasn't been since like April

Bugs were involved as well as a giant sperm.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploded mummy posted:

The Hernandez situation was a lot worse.

The ref was a one in a million thing of happening (It was a show in Mexico and only a few refs in Mexico who have a US tv contract.) And only was in one segment.

Hernandez wanted out of LU (possibly be because his last angle involved angry neckbeards whipping him with belts because he said dragons weren't real), and got conditionally released.

He couldn't work on TV until Ultima Lucha finished, got back into TNA via MVP, never told anyone about the condition, so they inserted him into the ME picture and was written into like a quarter of the show.

Hernandez just didn't want to end up stuck on the one show with fewer viewers than TNA.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

Hernandez just didn't want to end up stuck on the one show with fewer viewers than TNA.

way to rub it in MRT

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

grack posted:

Yeah? What did that cost him, $20, maybe $25?

James Storm, Eddie Edwards, Davey Richards and....

Well, you might be right.

Actually, Davey is bad now.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Testekill posted:

Actually, Davey is bad now.

Davey's been bad for years

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I will not let this Davey slander stand

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

coconono posted:

Davey's been bad for years

Actually Davey's always been bad.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
what the gently caress !!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
This will always be Davey Richards (and Eddie Edwards) for me:

• Locked thread