Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Numero6 posted:

This will always be Davey Richards (and Eddie Edwards) for me:

I agree they will always be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

We better not be calling guys good just for getting blackballed from promotion after promotion, because I am in No Mood to owe Low Ki and Teddy Hart apologies today, any time soon, or in fact ever

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I wasn't following at the time, what did Low Ki do to burn his bridges with WWE? Seems pretty telling that NXT went on a spending spree of ex-TNA guys, even brought back Hero, but Low Ki doesn't even get a whiff of interest.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

low ki was consistently very good for the entire 00's

like davey, his demeanour and outside the ring antics are very funny and wrestling would be less without them

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

oatgan posted:

low ki was consistently very good for the entire 00's

like davey, his demeanour and outside the ring antics are very funny and wrestling would be less without them

Didn't Dave no show a date in the U.K. after getting a title on the previous appearance then sent an "apology to the fans" video burying the promotion?

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
That is so dramatic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NxsGLwG5zU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The ending of this is one of the greatest things I've ever seen.

Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil

Feud of the year 2017

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Why Swog, Why

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Legitimately incredible

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

oh no he dropped all his dollar store ibuprofen 200 all over the ground

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

MotU posted:

You think he can afford/has insurance for better working for TNA?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

MotU posted:

I'm willing to bet most of those are actual painkillers and came out of Jeff Jarrett's fanny pack.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
GFW Sucks.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

http://shoptna.com/listen-up-slap-nuts---t-shirt.aspx

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Give Don West his own line of merch. He'd probably outsell everyone else.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

super macho dude posted:

I'm willing to bet most of those are actual painkillers and came out of Jeff Jarrett's fanny pack.

round ones are I-2 so they're literally dollar store ibuprofen 200s and the others look like dollar store acetaminophens

cant even bust out the CIIs for the vid package smh

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oh thank god. A new Slap Nuts shirt. That's just what I need.

Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil

Slap Nuts is always money.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Taintrunner posted:

Oh thank god. A new Slap Nuts shirt. That's just what I need.

the world's always clamouring for another Jeff Jarrett T-shirt

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jason Sextro posted:

the world's always clamouring for another Jeff Jarrett T-shirt

I was clamoring for another Jeff Jarrett

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
I think we have one too many Jeff Jarretts

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
It took 15 years: https://twitter.com/411wrestling/status/860468321724104704

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

They should go to Monday night so they can dominate

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Time for a string of house shows! Those always put the company in the black.

Also the way this World of Sport thing is shaking out is hilarious. According to Dave ITV thought Anthem was going to pay for the bulk of the tapings with the idea that they would be able to monetize it later, and this was apparently news for Anthem. You'd think they would have small details like that ironed out before selling tickets but, lol TNA.

Big Dave posted:

In a move that has to open up a lot of questions regarding the long-term of the project, the ITV television tapings scheduled for 5/25 and 5/26 at the Guild Hall in Preston, England, have been canceled.

The news was first broken by PW Insider even before talent was told shortly after the news had surfaced. Neither ITV nor Anthem Entertainment, who were working together on the project, had commented on the story. On 5/2, there was an announcement in the form of a single tweet by Anthem that the tapings weren’t taking place and that fans could get ticket refunds, with the story being it was due to contract negotiations.

That reason was actually honest, in the sense it was because ITV and Anthem Entertainment failed to reach an agreement regarding the deal to start the promotion and host the shows. That much wasn’t stated. A number of sources have said that it was due to issues involving the failure to get the contract signed or reach an agreement on contract terms. Exactly what the hold-up was isn’t clear, but it had to do with being unable to reach an agreement on how much money each side was going to put into the project. It’s not clear if the partnership has fallen apart or that there were issues each side wasn’t able to agree on at this point and it led to dates being postponed.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Can't blame them for not wanting to go to Preston tbh

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
G F Dub! G F Dub!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

At least this means that they'll have more money for the Indian tapings :v:

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Ahh, Schrödinger's News for TNAMecca fans - It is such awesome news to prove all the haters wrong, BUT it's being reported by Shave Seltzer, so obviously it must be a blatant lie like all his articles on TNA. What to do

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Germansimp posted:

Ahh, Schrödinger's News for TNAMecca fans - It is such awesome news to prove all the haters wrong, BUT it's being reported by Shave Seltzer, so obviously it must be a blatant lie like all his articles on TNA. What to do

You're overestimating the intellect of Mecca. According to one of the geniuses over there, the reason you have a budget is "so u got money for stuff". Stuff in this case being spending wildly on any wrestler that catches Mecca's fancy. Amusingly, one of their current crushes is Jimmy Havoc who almost certainly will be at the WWEUK tapings tomorrow. Look forward to Mecca having a collective hissy fit when they find out.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
From PWInsider:

quote:

On April 28. 2017, TNA Entertainment registered to trademark Broken Matt, Brother Nero, Vanguard1 and Broken Brilliance. You can can an idea as to what they are doing below.

They are trying to copyright more Broken stuff. :psyduck:

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Vangaurd1 is safe... for now

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is the most insane loving grift.

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/862054633040207872

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I shouldn't find this as hilarious as I do but here we are.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

a metaphor for TNA, really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Would be funnier if this were Aaron Rex.

• Locked thread