Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Xplosion is still a thing? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

dsriggs posted:

I think they're still contracted to make xplosion largely for some international audiences

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Wait, is Eddie Edwards getting himself blackballed from other feds?

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Caution is a word that I can't understand
HAHAHAHA ok I'll admit, I've been out of the loop about GFW and TNA since the Hardys left. This is the first I've heard about this and it's absolutely hilarious!! What will they come up with next?

To be truthful, the rebranding is probably the best choice they could have made all around...

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Wait, is Eddie Edwards getting himself blackballed from other feds?

Davey did, not Eddie

eljackass posted:

HAHAHAHA ok I'll admit, I've been out of the loop about GFW and TNA since the Hardys left. This is the first I've heard about this and it's absolutely hilarious!! What will they come up with next?

Actual spoilers for upcoming shows they're likely ending Slammiversary with Del Rio holding both world titles so yeah this can easily get even funnier

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!

Grendels Dad posted:

Would be funnier if this were Aaron Rex.

Aron Rex :eng99:

(I have a mate whose name is spelt the same way. I think it's an Eastern European spelling)

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

dsriggs posted:

Don't worry, TNA's famous attention to detail is still intact.

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/862621118573809665

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
TNA announces and hypes up a thing and then it fizzles and never actually happens? I'm so shocked

quote:

Regarding the cancellation of the World of Sport tapings, the public story is logistical problems and the idea the tapings were too close to the dates for the Impact tapings in India (which are 5/30 and 6/1) and they are having trouble getting new dates, but that’s a clear cover reason. The key problem is what was reported here last week regarding ITV and Impact not coming to a business agreement over their partnership.

I'm sure they'll get to it after those India tapings. yeah, those are for sure going to happen. no, man, it's happening this time. trust me.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Matt Sydal does a video, ostensibly promoting the India tour, while never once mentioning India

https://mobile.twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/862630871177732098/video/1

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
@FindEvan (#MattSydal)

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

This EC3 promo might be the worst promo I've ever heard.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Xerzes posted:

This EC3 promo might be the worst promo I've ever heard.

Worse than Aron Rex's "I'm my own man now" promo? Because that's a pretty loving high bar

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

yeah gonna need some context for this

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DJExile posted:

yeah gonna need some context for this

He comes out to James Storm's music, dressed in a cowboy outfit, talks with an exaggerated Southern accent. Hits on ladies, calls Storm a coward, says this town ain't big enough for both of them. Then sings a song he made up to the tune of Friends in Low Places

Ends with him brawling with Storm, whipping a handcuffed Storm, then whipping security

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

He comes out to James Storm's music, dressed in a cowboy outfit, talks with an exaggerated Southern accent. Hits on ladies, calls Storm a coward, says this town ain't big enough for both of them. Then sings a song he made up to the tune of Friends in Low Places

Ends with him brawling with Storm, whipping a handcuffed Storm, then whipping security

like with a bullwhip? sounds like the kind of thing that needs an announcer feud to make it compelling

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

His pants belt. I don't remember the spoilers aside from the song part that well but I believe this was part of a legit 2 or 3 week streak where he made fun of the Cowboy by whipping Storm and others with his pants belt severely and frequently whenever he could

It wasn't even the 4th most bizarre part of the taping week, IIRC

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

jesus christ

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

so a Matthews/Borash feud is potentially somehow a step up from what they were? Man, :psyduck: really is appropriate for TNA

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jason Sextro posted:

so a Matthews/Borash feud is potentially somehow a step up from what they were? Man, :psyduck: really is appropriate for TNA

Matthews/Borash leads to Steiner's return

2 weeks till it airs :toot:

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

I feel like saying "EC3 sings a Friends In Low Places parody for at least two minutes straight" doesn't communicate the pain and bafflement experienced seeing it actually happen.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
If I were booking TNA I'd have Storm come out next week and sing "pop me baby one more time" with huge cystic acne makeup all over his back

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/wordsbig80s/status/863108508576878596

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

What was the point of that?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If they really need to fill 2 minutes, I'm sure they can come up with Anything better

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I tried to watch the whole thing.

I couldn't.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

If they really need to fill 2 minutes, I'm sure they can come up with Anything better

Y'know you say that...

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

I have no idea who either of those guys are, and I have no idea what the hell it has to do with Total Force Action, but I do know that it was loving stupid. Almost makes the Borash-Matthews storyline look good by comparison.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

:psyduck:

There wasn't a single move, even a punch, that he could have done on the pizza delivery guy? I'm not asking for the second coming of Steve Austin here but goddamn at least try to remind your audience that they're watching wrestling.

Did they tell the guy to deliberately do as lovely a job as possible when talking, I don't loving get this

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DJExile posted:

Y'know you say that...

Give me 20 bucks, and I'd film, or be filmed getting in, a fight. Wouldn't even need to involve people on the roster if the budget doesn't allow that, and at least it'd involve action in a goddamn fighting program

Were either of those guys even on the roster?!

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chris James 2 posted:

Give me 20 bucks, and I'd film, or be filmed getting in, a fight.

We could just whoop your rear end for free tho...

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

actually yeah, who are either of these guys?

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
TNA Impact is trying out that Tim Heidecker anti-humor they've heard so much about

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I don't like Jack Swagger's new hairdo

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Couldn't be Swagger, I understood everything he said.

Devil Bird Thing
Mar 12, 2001

Pardon me, do you have a moment to speak about our Lord & Savior, Devil Bird Thing?

Marcade posted:

Couldn't be Swagger, I understood everything he said.

Thith wath really unnecethary.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

I'll be on board with this Biff Tannen gimmick if he takes a bump into manure at the end of every show

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Chris James 2 posted:

Give me 20 bucks, and I'd film, or be filmed getting in, a fight. Wouldn't even need to involve people on the roster if the budget doesn't allow that, and at least it'd involve action in a goddamn fighting program

Were either of those guys even on the roster?!

If TNA were any good at anything ever they would film lovely stuff like this to provoke this exact reaction and they'd take advantage of it by raking in viewers with tons of fan-produced material that's 100% better than what they could have done.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
So was that guys name Billy? Did he order the pizza or was he pulling a fast one??

oh poo poo, Billy, as in Billy Corgan haha good one TNA/Impact/GFW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oh my god

• Locked thread