Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xerzes
May 16, 2012

DJExile posted:

actually yeah, who are either of these guys?

I have no idea, but this was at least the second consecutive week of the large man with bad hair being needlessly rude to people in the service industry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Well at least it wasn't two wrestlers playing a whole game of Go Fish, so it's at least a minor step up for Impact.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

was one of those guys a French dude in NXT

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
That pizza looked lovely.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Mob posted:

was one of those guys a French dude in NXT

both of those french guys are in TNA now so probably

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Those guys left like six months ago or more

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Hey we let the hardy boys start filming weird segments by themselves and it became hugely popular. Lets let everyone do it

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/864887876500299776

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Who's the 14-year-old girl in the back

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Wow, Billy Corgan and his NWA Champion Tim Storm beat Jax Dane so bad he had to run off to Impact.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

tna's transformation into a poorly booked and less well attended AAW is complete

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Kongo Kong has bigger boobs than all of the women in TNA put together.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Somehow EYFBO doesn't make the photo? I guess being tag champs is enough.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Jax!

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I see Randy Orton rip off, HHH rip off, CM Punk/Dolph Ziggler rip off.

Or I guess budget instead of rip off.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

freeranger posted:

HHH rip off

But they already have James Storm

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

freeranger posted:

I see Randy Orton rip off, HHH rip off, CM Punk/Dolph Ziggler rip off.

Or I guess budget instead of rip off.

Wait who is the punk ripoff

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Wait who is the punk ripoff

Oh my god...just realised its Matt Sydal :eng99:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I know Sydal blazed his bridges in Japan (pun intended) but is TNA seriously the best he can do at this point?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he's also working in roh and was just on their biggest ppv

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I imagine TNA looks decently appealing when you only have to work for them 2-3 days a month and they don't mess with your other bookings.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I'm surprised Matt Sydel didn't end up in Lucha Underground as some kind of Reverse Dare Wolf.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Super No Vacancy posted:

he's also working in roh and was just on their biggest ppv

* offer not valid on new japan world

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I imagine TNA looks decently appealing when you only have to work for them 2-3 days a month and they don't mess with your other bookings.

But they're paying like $40 a taping now, so how much do you think exposure on POP TV is worth?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

skaboomizzy posted:

But they're paying like $40 a taping now, so how much do you think exposure on POP TV is worth?

I feel those are separate things, and a mix of all of them are what makes TNA still attractive as a workplace even though it seems like a dumpster fire. Exposure on POP TV is still worth more than exposure at your local bingo hall. Yeah you're paid in ham sandwiches if at all and management are a bunch of inept shady assholes, but that's not really different elsewhere. At least you're on "TV" and only have to suffer a few days a month for it, as opposed to all month long.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

But TNA is back to loving people over on bookings...

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

They are doing the exact opposite. Impact wants to be your booking agent if you work for them, and take 10% of your fees (they may raise your fees by 10% in order to do it, but that could hurt your bookings too) when you do an indy show. Dave says in the Observer this week that this was a factor, possibly the primary one, behind Travis Gordon going with ROH over Impact even though he had offers from both.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Oh.

Well, Impact gonna Impact then.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

I feel those are separate things, and a mix of all of them are what makes TNA still attractive as a workplace even though it seems like a dumpster fire.

are any of the people TNA is signing actually in-demand? if they were an attractive workplace i feel like they'd be doing getting higher profile workers than Kongo Kong and disgraced weedmans Matt Sydal

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Aye Doc posted:

are any of the people TNA is signing actually in-demand? if they were an attractive workplace i feel like they'd be doing getting higher profile workers than Kongo Kong and disgraced weedmans Matt Sydal

Matt Sydal is pretty in demand and great.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Matt Sydal is pretty in demand and great.

where's he been wrassling? i've only seen his ROH match with Marty since the NJPW exile happened

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Kongo should be in demand

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Aye Doc posted:

where's he been wrassling? i've only seen his ROH match with Marty since the NJPW exile happened

He's done PWG, AAW, Wrestle Circus, a South American tour and other assorted indies.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

absolutely baffling Ivelisse is working Impact again.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

coconono posted:

absolutely baffling Ivelisse is working Impact again.

Is she planned for some upcoming tapings? Because she hasn't worked for TNA in over 4 years.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Germansimp posted:

Is she planned for some upcoming tapings? Because she hasn't worked for TNA in over 4 years.

Wouldn't her LU contract prevent her from doing TNA?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Germansimp posted:

oh I thought that was Ivelisse behind Kongo and budget Ciampa.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah that's not Ivelisse, it's Angel Rose, who's part of the LAX stable.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Man, things are awfully quiet on the TNA front, wonder is anything is happening at all?

http://prowrestling.net/site/2017/05/23/impact-wrestlings-ed-nordholm-issues-log-communications-matt-hardy/

http://prowrestling.net/site/2017/05/23/reby-hardy-responds-impact-wrestlings-ed-nordholm-releasing-log-communications-matt-hardy/

quote:

Reby Hardy responded to Impact Wrestling’s Ed Nordholm releasing his log of communications with Matt Hardy to the pro wrestling media on Tuesday. “Inaccurate,” Reby started. “Our attorney bills say otherwise & can act as a cute little “log” too. What are they trying to prove & to whom? YALL ARE A JOKE & in that aspect alone, YOU ALREADY LOST. But we can – and will – make the L official, my dude. Long story short: TNA tried a literal sales pitch on WWE re: #BROKEN gimmick (which isn’t legally theirs) & they said ‘LOLZ yeah no, thanks.’

“Anthem mad because WWE didn’t fall for their offensive money grab. That type of ‘business’ is right on par with @RealJeffJarrett gold scam. I just think it’s cute that TNA feels the need to ‘prove’ themselves to randoms on the internet. Know why we don’t bother? Because it’s ALLLLLL coming out in court, honey. From the attorneys we hired back in MARCH. Where are those ‘logs’?

“Oh. And you might want to try spamming dirtsheets with the ACTUAL final version of that contract if you’re going to break confidentiality, But hey, that’s cool. Something else we’ll add to the list of offenses. Thanks! Should we release the phonecalls? I kinda wanna release the phonecalls now… since we playin petty, apparently.”

Oh, okay, that's the good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Reby being so open with the Hardys side of this kerfuffle is the best part. Cuts out all the corporate speak.

• Locked thread