Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Reby being so open with the Hardys side of this kerfuffle is the best part. Cuts out all the corporate speak.

Yeah, except now the end result is the Hardys cutting generic lifeless promos just like everyone else on the WWE roster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Davey and Matt Sydel would have been so fun to watch on 205 live if they hadn't hosed everything up and burned bridges. Poor Eddie though, he kinda took all the flak from Davey Low-Ki'ing himself and is stuck in TNA.

I've met Matt and Reby backstage in a really casual setting tho, Matt is an absolute pleasure to be around but Reby was a little weird/hard to work with. I still hope she gets back control of the #Broken gimmick because that seems like it'd be really cool to see on Smackdown or something with all the pseudo broken stuff they've tried to do with Wyatt. I think Matt is just kinda happy doing the occasional DELETE and throwing in his broken speech style every now and then. Jeff is in his own world and just happy to be in front of an audience again?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

Davey and Matt Sydel would have been so fun to watch on 205 live if they hadn't hosed everything up and burned bridges. Poor Eddie though, he kinda took all the flak from Davey Low-Ki'ing himself and is stuck in TNA.

Congrats you've found the two people who are better off in TNA.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
how did no one else pick up on this amazing line

quote:

a massive disservice to the contributions of the rest of the creative team at Impact Wrestling, including Jeremy Borash, Dave Lagano, Matt Conway and Billy Corgan

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I enjoyed Reby Sky mentioning Jeff Jarrett's gold scam

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

RealFoxy posted:

I've met Matt and Reby backstage in a really casual setting tho, Matt is an absolute pleasure to be around but Reby was a little weird/hard to work with. I still hope she gets back control of the #Broken gimmick because that seems like it'd be really cool to see on Smackdown or something with all the pseudo broken stuff they've tried to do with Wyatt. I think Matt is just kinda happy doing the occasional DELETE and throwing in his broken speech style every now and then. Jeff is in his own world and just happy to be in front of an audience again?

Reby's a diva in the best and worst possible ways. Could be a big deal with WWE lets her and the Hardys keep doing the broken gimmick as they want to do. Hell, poach Jeremy Borash while they're at it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jason Sextro posted:

I enjoyed Reby Sky mentioning Jeff Jarrett's gold scam

I enjoyed it too but that might get her sued. Libel and all that. I mean, I think it's a scam too, but I don't have proof.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
They finally figured out how to get us rooting for the Hardys again.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dave, on the board, says a lot of the TNA regulars are not going to India. This means they'll miss weeks of TV, and I believe the entire build to Slammiversary.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Is Mahabali Shera still there? How long before he gets the belt as TNA's answer to Jinder Mahal?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

coconono posted:

Reby's a diva in the best and worst possible ways. Could be a big deal with WWE lets her and the Hardys keep doing the broken gimmick as they want to do. Hell, poach Jeremy Borash while they're at it.

I get the feeling WWE would have taken Borash long ago if they really wanted him.

Benne posted:

Is Mahabali Shera still there? How long before he gets the belt as TNA's answer to Jinder Mahal?

I swear they either put the belt on him or just pushed the hell out of him like a year or two ago when their own india deal surfaced

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Benne posted:

Shera

Shuffle

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DJExile posted:

I get the feeling WWE would have taken Borash long ago if they really wanted him.

I swear they either put the belt on him or just pushed the hell out of him like a year or two ago when their own india deal surfaced

They pushed him strong but he didn't win the TNA belt. He was the last Ring Ka King champ, though.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DJExile posted:

Borash has a really sweet gig with TNA/Impact/GLF/??, WWE would have to lure him away with a fleet of drone cameras or assistants with large breasts and short skirts.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Sweet gig..... impact.... error error does not compute

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

coconono posted:

Borash has a really sweet gig with TNA/Impact/GLF/??, WWE would have to lure him away with a fleet of drone cameras or assistants with large breasts and short skirts.

yeah true, long as he's getting paid (which is a big assumption) he's probably in a fairly decent spot all things considered. I'm assuming also he lives in or near Orlando

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

DJExile posted:

yeah true, long as he's getting paid (which is a big assumption) he's probably in a fairly decent spot all things considered. I'm assuming also he lives in or near Orlando

Am I imagining it, or was there a story a few years ago about how Borash was living in England?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

coconono posted:

or assistants with large breasts and short skirts.

No way Vince is sharing his personal stash.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

It's a rather involved story, but Borash made a significant amount of money off of British Bootcamp.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Congrats

quote:

The trademark application that Matt Hardy filed for “Broken Matt Hardy” in March has been given an initial refusal by the US Patent and Trademark Office. PWInsider reports that the registration application was denied because it “identifies only the name of a particular character/personal name” and doesn’t function in a way to “identify and distinguish applicant’s services from those of others and to indicate the source of applicant’s services.”

Essentially, what this means is that Hardy filed the trademark without naming any services (such as DVD sales, merchandise and the like) that it would be associated with. The application only listed “Entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibits and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer.” Impact also filed a trademark request for “Broken Matt” on April 28th that is for “DVDs featuring wrestling performances, interviews with wrestlers, backstage happenings and behind-the-scenes information; wristbands; commemorative photographs; posters; trading cards; clothing, namely, shirts, t-shirts, sweatshirts, caps, visors and arm sleeves; entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibitions and performances by a professional wrestler; entertainment services, namely, ongoing wrestling exhibitions and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer rendered live and recorded for the purpose of distribution through broadcast media; and toy action figures and accessories therefor.”

Hardy has six months from today’s refusal to respond before the application is abandoned.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
This didn't get much buzz last night/yet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k56wDgnvtzk

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Watching that and seeing JB Jeremy Borash and Joseph Park's reaction makes me assume they're meant to be the heels, but everything I've heard says that Josh (and I guess Steiner by assocation) is supposed to be the bad guy?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

rovert posted:

This didn't get much buzz last night/yet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k56wDgnvtzk

As someone who really likes Scott Steiner - I still think everything about this video is profoundly sad

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

A pro wrestler bringing back the "lol i don't know how to wrestle" gimmick

"oh em gee!"

the crowd doesn't give a poo poo

don't even show scott beating up the planted fan

crowd still doesn't give a poo poo

clip ends

Mr. Carlisle posted:

As someone who really likes Scott Steiner - I still think everything about this video is profoundly sad

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Every time I hear Pope, I realize he is the worst commentator in the world, and then I forget just long enough for that to surprise me the next time I hear him.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mr. Carlisle posted:

What about the front row of completely blank faced fans? That was pretty exciting!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Jesus has Abyss always been that fat or has he let himself go

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Jesus has Abyss always been that fat or has he let himself go

I think Abyss has always been big even in his pre-Abyss days, but he accentuates girth more for the Joseph Park role, while with his Abyss gear it's made to more just make him look big.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

The crowd went mild. Also Steiner looks like my 76 yr old dad cosplaying as Scott Steiner.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Mr. Carlisle posted:

It's one thing when it's Tito Ortiz coming out to no reaction, but you have to think that even the deadest crowd would have popped for that theme and his appearance if it happened on Raw (once they realized the siren wasn't for Cesaro).

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Park and Borash are A+ face makers though

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Watching that and seeing JB Jeremy Borash and Joseph Park's reaction makes me assume they're meant to be the heels, but everything I've heard says that Josh (and I guess Steiner by assocation) is supposed to be the bad guy?

That's our Russo! *laugh track*

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Park and Borash are A+ face makers though

yeah JB's bug eyes always get me to laugh

super macho dude posted:

The crowd went mild. Also Steiner looks like my 76 yr old dad cosplaying as Scott Steiner.

Yeah this didn't help either. Dude's 54 and looks at least 10 years older.

So congratulations, TNA! You managed to make Scott loving Steiner milquetoast and boring!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

DJExile posted:

Yeah this didn't help either. Dude's 54 and looks at least 10 years older.

So congratulations, TNA! You managed to make Scott loving Steiner milquetoast and boring!

I told my spouse that he was back in TNA and she got excited, asking about Steiner Math. I had to tell her, no, that Scott Steiner sadly no longer exists.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Is Russo back in GFW/TNA?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

super macho dude posted:

Scott Steiner, Acworth,GA Shoney's Manager probably would've gotten a better reaction.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Davros1 posted:

If not they've got someone doing a hell of a good impersonation.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Davros1 posted:

He didn't have as many podcast listeners as Prichard so they hired him instead.

• Locked thread