Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Marmaduke! posted:

I have not watched any TNA in a long time (like not even clips), but I was impressed when I read Steiner came back. Watching that clip though was terrible solely because of that crowd. I guess maybe they'd just been conditioned to be really bored..?

You were impressed that a dude who has such serious health problems that he should in no way be wrestling will be wrestling? I mean it is kind of impressive TNA would hire him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Scott Steiner is going to kill someone. Probably himself.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

I would make this my avatar but I don't post enough to do it justice

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

corn in the bible posted:

Scott Steiner is going to kill someone. Probably himself.

If Scott Steiner hasn't managed to kill himself after 20 years of steroid abuse it's gonna take something really, really terrifying to do the job.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

MassRafTer posted:

You were impressed that a dude who has such serious health problems that he should in no way be wrestling will be wrestling? I mean it is kind of impressive TNA would hire him.

The last TNA match I can remember seeing had Vader in it. There is no-one that I would be "impressed" to see in TNA, but if I were a fan that went to a taping I'd find it pretty rad to see Steiner.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nutted but she still suckin

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

grack posted:

If Scott Steiner hasn't managed to kill himself after 20 years of steroid abuse it's gonna take something really, really terrifying to do the job.

Meng?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Marmaduke! posted:

The last TNA match I can remember seeing had Vader in it. There is no-one that I would be "impressed" to see in TNA, but if I were a fan that went to a taping I'd find it pretty rad to see Steiner.

"Hey an old guy! We never get to see these in TNA!"

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

MassRafTer posted:

"Hey an old guy! We never get to see these in TNA!"

Hogan, Hogan, Hogan, and Hogan all run in for a TERRIBLE MATCH

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Hogan, Hogan, Hogan, and Hogan all run in for a TERRIBLE MATCH

Jeff Jarrett runs in and hits them all with THE STROKE

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Come on dude that poo poo is old and played out and not funny.

So yes, of course we are.

It's beautiful, everything I could have imagined and more

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Hogan, Hogan, Hogan, and Hogan all slowly hobble in for a TERRIBLE MATCH

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

You WISH you could be as cool as 2007 frosted tips JB

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Marmaduke! posted:

I have not watched any TNA in a long time (like not even clips), but I was impressed when I read Steiner came back. Watching that clip though was terrible solely because of that crowd. I guess maybe they'd just been conditioned to be really bored..?

Also (as far as I know) Josh is supposed to be the bad guy, so Steiner is the bad guy by association, but TNA treated it like a big face return while the two faces panicked and ran away like cowards. So I don't exactly blame the crowd for being unimpressed.

Again, I'm basing this on the little I've heard discussed about TNA, I assume Josh is meant to be the heel in this situation.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I can't blame a crowd for not reacting to him coming back for the one angle everyone there desperately wants to end ASAP

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Also (as far as I know) Josh is supposed to be the bad guy, so Steiner is the bad guy by association, but TNA treated it like a big face return while the two faces panicked and ran away like cowards. So I don't exactly blame the crowd for being unimpressed.

Again, I'm basing this on the little I've heard discussed about TNA, I assume Josh is meant to be the heel in this situation.

I believe MRT when he says it's Bruce Prichard in charge, but the fundamental inability to book faces as faces and heels as heels is classic Russo

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jason Sextro posted:

I believe MRT when he says it's Bruce Prichard in charge, but the fundamental inability to book faces as faces and heels as heels is classic Russo

I was unclear, Bruce isn't in charge he was just hired for his current role over Russo because he has more podcast listeners. Remember that Jeff Jarrett ran TNA's creative for 7 years and chose Russo to write the shows for more than half of that period. Jarrett's beliefs are pretty close to Russo's. Hell there was this horrible period where Russo was the babyface authority figure and he wasn't booking, but you'd never know. Jarrett is awful, and doesn't have much of a mind for the wrestling end either. He once told the X Division that they needed to move even quicker and be more like a video game.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

I was unclear, Bruce isn't in charge he was just hired for his current role over Russo because he has more podcast listeners. Remember that Jeff Jarrett ran TNA's creative for 7 years and chose Russo to write the shows for more than half of that period. Jarrett's beliefs are pretty close to Russo's. Hell there was this horrible period where Russo was the babyface authority figure and he wasn't booking, but you'd never know. Jarrett is awful, and doesn't have much of a mind for the wrestling end either. He once told the X Division that they needed to move even quicker and be more like a video game.

Yeah what you've described doesn't sound far-off from Vinny Ru either, so it could just be Double J. They really are kindred spirits for more reasons than just 'the only two people who ever thought Jeff Jarrett was a main eventer'.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jason Sextro posted:

Yeah what you've described doesn't sound far-off from Vinny Ru either, so it could just be Double J. They really are kindred spirits for more reasons than just 'the only two people who ever thought Jeff Jarrett was a main eventer'.

Wasn't Vince gonna him a try out run with Austin before Steve nixed it?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
If anything can be said for Jeff Jarrett, you have to admire his delusional tenacity to try and get "Listen up Slapnuts" over as a catchphrase for nearly two decades now

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

whiteyfats posted:

Wasn't Vince gonna him a try out run with Austin before Steve nixed it?

Pretty sure Russo suggested that push, so even then, Russo's stink was all over a JJ push

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Jason Sextro posted:

We really need a Vince Russo Bingo game.

Have we had:

-PPVs where literally every match has a stipulation for basically no reason?

-A random item (or person) on a pole?

-A bunch of stupid parody characters?

-An evil authority figure?

-Characters that no sane human being could figure out if they were a face or heel?

-The Womens' division being treated like absolute crap?

-An "in" group that basically runs wild across the promotion even though it's less than 1/4 of the roster?

grack fucked around with this message at 17:39 on May 30, 2017

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

grack posted:

Have we had:

-A bunch of stupid parody characters?

-Characters that no sane human being could figure out if they were a face or heel?

-An "in" group that basically runs wild across the promotion even though it's less than 1/4 of the roster?

the problem is that you just described the ten year status quo for the company

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You forgot somebody screaming "THIS IS A SHOOT!"

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Pretty sure Russo suggested that push, so even then, Russo's stink was all over a JJ push

Well, poo poo, nevermind then.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

grack posted:

Have we had:

BINGO!

...Russo's booking Raw?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Sono posted:

BINGO!

...Russo's booking Raw?

It's entirely possible that Russo is a communicable disease.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/870439339196506112

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Well this is going to end well.....

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

There were rumors??? :confused:

(Also it wont end well)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

There'd been rumors from like months ago, I think it was February or March when they signed a guy who used to help with house shows, and it was assumed it was just a matter of time before they did stuff again

So hey, we get the return of empty arena pics!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Wait, they tagged the Staten Island Yankees, so I assume this is a pre/post-game house show like GFW ran?

Also Staten Island doesn't loving count as running NYC

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Forget empty arena pics, the empty minor league ballpark pics a few years ago were amazing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

abraham linksys posted:

Wait, they tagged the Staten Island Yankees, so I assume this is a pre/post-game house show like GFW ran?

Also Staten Island doesn't loving count as running NYC

They aren't pregames, they are sold shows on nights there are no games so the Stadium can be used more.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Did they bring back Scott Steiner just because he was at some of the GFW shows that ran in the baseball parks that they are about to tour again :psyduck:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

Forget empty arena pics, the empty minor league ballpark pics a few years ago were amazing.

this guy gets it

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

PwInsider saying Chris masters got hurt in India during the tapings

grack
Jan 10, 2012

The last time TNA did this it was a complete disaster. Who thought trying again would be a good idea with literally 1/4 of the TV viewership?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

skaboomizzy posted:

C'moooooon empty gross couch pics

• Locked thread