Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Join The Force. Holla if you hear me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Oh my god Corgan bought the NWA

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Irritated Goat posted:

I.. he... what? Did I somehow land in an alternate dimension where Billy Corgan bought NWA and GFW\TNA merged and Bray Wyatt is champion? I'm scared. Someone hold me.

:psyduck:

Bray was champ, he hasn't been since like April

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

We better not be calling guys good just for getting blackballed from promotion after promotion, because I am in No Mood to owe Low Ki and Teddy Hart apologies today, any time soon, or in fact ever

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Legitimately incredible

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jason Sextro posted:

the world's always clamouring for another Jeff Jarrett T-shirt

I was clamoring for another Jeff Jarrett

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/862054633040207872

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Wait, is Eddie Edwards getting himself blackballed from other feds?

Davey did, not Eddie

eljackass posted:

HAHAHAHA ok I'll admit, I've been out of the loop about GFW and TNA since the Hardys left. This is the first I've heard about this and it's absolutely hilarious!! What will they come up with next?

Actual spoilers for upcoming shows they're likely ending Slammiversary with Del Rio holding both world titles so yeah this can easily get even funnier

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DJExile posted:

yeah gonna need some context for this

He comes out to James Storm's music, dressed in a cowboy outfit, talks with an exaggerated Southern accent. Hits on ladies, calls Storm a coward, says this town ain't big enough for both of them. Then sings a song he made up to the tune of Friends in Low Places

Ends with him brawling with Storm, whipping a handcuffed Storm, then whipping security

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

His pants belt. I don't remember the spoilers aside from the song part that well but I believe this was part of a legit 2 or 3 week streak where he made fun of the Cowboy by whipping Storm and others with his pants belt severely and frequently whenever he could

It wasn't even the 4th most bizarre part of the taping week, IIRC

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jason Sextro posted:

so a Matthews/Borash feud is potentially somehow a step up from what they were? Man, :psyduck: really is appropriate for TNA

Matthews/Borash leads to Steiner's return

2 weeks till it airs :toot:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If they really need to fill 2 minutes, I'm sure they can come up with Anything better

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DJExile posted:

Y'know you say that...

Give me 20 bucks, and I'd film, or be filmed getting in, a fight. Wouldn't even need to involve people on the roster if the budget doesn't allow that, and at least it'd involve action in a goddamn fighting program

Were either of those guys even on the roster?!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oh my god

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Congrats

quote:

The trademark application that Matt Hardy filed for “Broken Matt Hardy” in March has been given an initial refusal by the US Patent and Trademark Office. PWInsider reports that the registration application was denied because it “identifies only the name of a particular character/personal name” and doesn’t function in a way to “identify and distinguish applicant’s services from those of others and to indicate the source of applicant’s services.”

Essentially, what this means is that Hardy filed the trademark without naming any services (such as DVD sales, merchandise and the like) that it would be associated with. The application only listed “Entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibits and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer.” Impact also filed a trademark request for “Broken Matt” on April 28th that is for “DVDs featuring wrestling performances, interviews with wrestlers, backstage happenings and behind-the-scenes information; wristbands; commemorative photographs; posters; trading cards; clothing, namely, shirts, t-shirts, sweatshirts, caps, visors and arm sleeves; entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibitions and performances by a professional wrestler; entertainment services, namely, ongoing wrestling exhibitions and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer rendered live and recorded for the purpose of distribution through broadcast media; and toy action figures and accessories therefor.”

Hardy has six months from today’s refusal to respond before the application is abandoned.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

lmao it's true it's true

https://twitter.com/bruceprichard/status/790349452930318336

Impact got something like 302K viewers this week. "Some TV shows" currently includes Impact (I don't think they've pulled 374K viewers in months).

Sept 22 2016 they had 377k. Nothing close since

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I can't blame a crowd for not reacting to him coming back for the one angle everyone there desperately wants to end ASAP

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

There'd been rumors from like months ago, I think it was February or March when they signed a guy who used to help with house shows, and it was assumed it was just a matter of time before they did stuff again

So hey, we get the return of empty arena pics!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave posted:

While in India last week they taped in a TV studio that held 500 people. Everyone in the crowd was paid 250-400 rupee (between $3.80 and $7.60) to attend, so even in a small studio they not only didn't charge for tickets but paid people to attend. That's common for TV shoots in India and wouldn't have the same stigma if you did that in the US. Fans were instructed who to cheer and boo, and they were very good at doing so.

• Locked thread