Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploded mummy posted:

The Hernandez situation was a lot worse.

The ref was a one in a million thing of happening (It was a show in Mexico and only a few refs in Mexico who have a US tv contract.) And only was in one segment.

Hernandez wanted out of LU (possibly be because his last angle involved angry neckbeards whipping him with belts because he said dragons weren't real), and got conditionally released.

He couldn't work on TV until Ultima Lucha finished, got back into TNA via MVP, never told anyone about the condition, so they inserted him into the ME picture and was written into like a quarter of the show.

At no point did TNA ever call LU to clear it woth them, and they had to scrap and rewrite a show they already had in the can. MVP got canned too.

Hernandez just didn't want to end up stuck on the one show with fewer viewers than TNA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Numero6 posted:

This will always be Davey Richards (and Eddie Edwards) for me:

I agree they will always be good.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Aye Doc posted:

are any of the people TNA is signing actually in-demand? if they were an attractive workplace i feel like they'd be doing getting higher profile workers than Kongo Kong and disgraced weedmans Matt Sydal

Matt Sydal is pretty in demand and great.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Aye Doc posted:

where's he been wrassling? i've only seen his ROH match with Marty since the NJPW exile happened

He's done PWG, AAW, Wrestle Circus, a South American tour and other assorted indies.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

Davey and Matt Sydel would have been so fun to watch on 205 live if they hadn't hosed everything up and burned bridges. Poor Eddie though, he kinda took all the flak from Davey Low-Ki'ing himself and is stuck in TNA.

Congrats you've found the two people who are better off in TNA.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Davros1 posted:

Is Russo back in GFW/TNA?

He didn't have as many podcast listeners as Prichard so they hired him instead.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Marmaduke! posted:

I have not watched any TNA in a long time (like not even clips), but I was impressed when I read Steiner came back. Watching that clip though was terrible solely because of that crowd. I guess maybe they'd just been conditioned to be really bored..?

You were impressed that a dude who has such serious health problems that he should in no way be wrestling will be wrestling? I mean it is kind of impressive TNA would hire him.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Marmaduke! posted:

The last TNA match I can remember seeing had Vader in it. There is no-one that I would be "impressed" to see in TNA, but if I were a fan that went to a taping I'd find it pretty rad to see Steiner.

"Hey an old guy! We never get to see these in TNA!"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jason Sextro posted:

I believe MRT when he says it's Bruce Prichard in charge, but the fundamental inability to book faces as faces and heels as heels is classic Russo

I was unclear, Bruce isn't in charge he was just hired for his current role over Russo because he has more podcast listeners. Remember that Jeff Jarrett ran TNA's creative for 7 years and chose Russo to write the shows for more than half of that period. Jarrett's beliefs are pretty close to Russo's. Hell there was this horrible period where Russo was the babyface authority figure and he wasn't booking, but you'd never know. Jarrett is awful, and doesn't have much of a mind for the wrestling end either. He once told the X Division that they needed to move even quicker and be more like a video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

abraham linksys posted:

Wait, they tagged the Staten Island Yankees, so I assume this is a pre/post-game house show like GFW ran?

Also Staten Island doesn't loving count as running NYC

They aren't pregames, they are sold shows on nights there are no games so the Stadium can be used more.

• Locked thread