Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

orange juche posted:

Conservatives will hiss and boo it because HIV is Gods punishment to the gays and the druggies.

I think it is extremely cool though, and it would be amazing if we could eradicate HIV and AIDS entirely through gene therapy.

at the same time theyll want to use this to cure the 'gay gene'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Proud Christian Mom posted:

oh.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Proud Christian Mom posted:

nah I heard electroshock therapy was coming back around.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

the french foreign legion is normally where shady assholes coming from eastern europe end up so this is kinda unexpected

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

So, Little Green Men to the Kurds to the Trumpenstaffel?

I'm-just-here-for-the-violence-guy was real!

E: can you join FFL if you're already French?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Reverand maynard posted:

who would take them, other than sputnik?

The Sinclair network is very, very Trump-friendly and could easily start up a new network to be the even wingnuttier Fox News, sort of like how One America Network is now.

But for newsy stuff, the Defense Department is now forcing service academy college athletes to serve at least two years before going pro.

https://twitter.com/adegrandpre/status/859140658375819270

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

shame on an IGA posted:

E: can you join FFL if you're already French?

yep, frenchies make up a decent chunk of the ffl, along with eastern europeans and dudes from former french colonies

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

There's got to be zero chance he fully noted all his foreign contacts on his security clearance.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

orange juche posted:

nah I heard electroshock therapy was coming back around.

Nah, that's so last decade. Electroshock therapy can cause measurable, physical harm to people and that gets all messy with lawsuits and stuff. The current hotness for fixing 'the gay' is psychological torture rebranded as Gay Conversion Therapy. Fortunately our vice president is such a vocal and outspoken opponent of that kind of thing that there's nothing to worry about.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I thought gay camps were all the rage these days

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

bird food bathtub posted:

Nah, that's so last decade. Electroshock therapy can cause measurable, physical harm to people and that gets all messy with lawsuits and stuff. The current hotness for fixing 'the gay' is psychological torture rebranded as Gay Conversion Therapy. Fortunately our vice president is such a vocal and outspoken opponent of that kind of thing that there's nothing to worry about.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/gay-conversion-therapy-advocates-heartened-pence-republican-electoral/story?id=45940488

Isn't that those terrible prison camps in the south that can Jesus the gay out of your kid?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
There's something I've never understood about Donnie. It seems like everyone around him takes on his characteristics for lying and boasting and all that poo poo, yet nobody ever tells him to go gently caress himself. Even his rich-as-gently caress cabinet members are sounding like him and I just don't understand why.

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/859156595816714240

Like seriously, what makes you, a dude worth a legit $2.5B, suddenly take on the Trumpian characteristic of referring to the Syrian strike as after-dinner entertainment in front of a group of people, and you're the loving Commerce Secretary?

What about Donnie brainwashes the people close to him?

Edit: ok this made me laugh like hell https://twitter.com/CillizzaCNN/status/859159000696455169

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

facialimpediment posted:

There's something I've never understood about Donnie. It seems like everyone around him takes on his characteristics for lying and boasting and all that poo poo, yet nobody ever tells him to go gently caress himself. Even his rich-as-gently caress cabinet members are sounding like him and I just don't understand why.

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/859156595816714240

Like seriously, what makes you, a dude worth a legit $2.5B, suddenly take on the Trumpian characteristic of referring to the Syrian strike as after-dinner entertainment in front of a group of people, and you're the loving Commerce Secretary?

What about Donnie brainwashes the people close to him?

Edit: ok this made me laugh like hell https://twitter.com/CillizzaCNN/status/859159000696455169

Because in the Trump administration you can be a vile person and just point at the man on top and say, "well I'm just fitting in".

Odds are the dude is actually that hosed up (rich chickenhawks usually are) but in the Trump white house he won't have anyone call him on that poo poo.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Hey guys Donald did a thing

gently caress

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
These people were always this lovely, they just don't have to hide it any longer

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Yeah I don't know why you'd be at all surprised that a billionaire would turn out to be a hosed up lunatic. Nearly, if not all, of them are huge pieces of poo poo.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Do you become rich being a good person or does the "philanthropy" come after

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Do you become rich being a good person or does the "philanthropy" come after

Rich = Good = Philanthropic = Healthy

https://twitter.com/retrocampaigns/status/859153288389771265

Also, if everyone here isn't familiar with Congressional structure, there is a job, below Majority/Minority Leader, called the Whip. It's the Whip's job to count all the votes before the votes happen and twist arms accordingly to get the majority of votes needed.

Apparently the House has a team of Republican Whips and they're responsible for getting the votes together for a new AHCA vote. There's a problem though...

https://twitter.com/rachaelmbade/status/859163120803229697

https://twitter.com/petersuderman/status/859171688201760768

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I thought gay camps were all the rage these days

Yeah: Camp Pendleton, Camp Lejeune, Camp David...

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Next season of House of Cards is just going to be a six hour video of Frank and Claire Underwood doing interpretative dance in the lobby of Trump Tower while holding mirrors up to the camera.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

FrozenVent posted:

Next season of House of Cards is just going to be a six hour video of Frank and Claire Underwood doing interpretative dance in the lobby of Trump Tower while holding mirrors up to the camera.

Didn't that show jump the shark long ago

It def started out strong but no way it could keep that momentum

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I loved the last season, so hopefully it stays strong.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
So cool. There might be another writers strike. Tomorrow.

Also CNN is calling the latest try to repeal ACA the 'second' try.

Isn't it like the 80th or so try to repeal it?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

HOC gives me hope for a better White House :unsmith:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So did Trump just have a mini stroke or something?
https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-05-01/trump-says-he-s-considering-moves-to-break-up-wall-street-banks

ded posted:

So cool. There might be another writers strike. Tomorrow.
:lol: Last one worked out so well for them.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

lol rip Heroes, nothing could save it after the season 2 scab script

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
President Baby just kicked a CBS anchor out of an oval office interview

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/01/media/john-dickerson-donald-trump/index.html

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Slim Pickens posted:

lol rip Heroes, nothing could save it after the season 2 scab script

Well I meant more the total rise of "reality programming" that has just completely screwed them over.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Zeris posted:

President Baby just kicked a CBS anchor out of an oval office interview

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/01/media/john-dickerson-donald-trump/index.html

Page 1:

facialimpediment posted:

Donnie started up his wiretapp bullshit again in the John Dickerson interview. Dickerson called him out on it. Donnie abruptly ends interview and walks back to oval office desk and sits down.

https://youtu.be/-TCR5oC5ZQs

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Sierra Vista woman finds note from 'Chinese prisoner' in Walmart purse

older story

Chinese labor camp inmate tells of true horror of Halloween 'SOS'

Odradek
May 23, 2007

Don't hate me because I'm cute
I participated in an awesome seminar today - this Canadian guy had been radicalized in his late teens and went over to Syria to support ISIS. He was a supporter, not a combatant. After being there for a while he realized it was BS and he returned to Canada and offered to help their Intel services. He provided some excellent insights into what drives people to support ISIS and how they can be de-radicalized. He was very animated and funny and did a great 1 1/2 hour presentation. Since it was a VTC (I'm working in Charlottesville VA and the talk was at DIA HQ in DC) it was amusing to see the reaction shots of the crowd during the presentation - lots of scowls. "This dude was an ISIS scumbag...why is he here?" Overall, good insights into a dangerous ideology and some tips on how to fight it. I like my job. I'm not a CT guy (most of my experience in in counterproliferation/nuclear stuff) but this session got me smart on some interesting stuff.

Oh yeah, for the guy who asked me for more information on the NK nuclear issue, I served 3 years as the Chief of the WMD Intelligence Cell in USFK, so I'm pretty dialed in to all things NK nuclear. They got em, just need to get good at getting them to us.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Wait, have we spotted another elusive FGO in GiP?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Odradek posted:

Oh yeah, for the guy who asked me for more information on the NK nuclear issue, I served 3 years as the Chief of the WMD Intelligence Cell in USFK, so I'm pretty dialed in to all things NK nuclear. They got em, just need to get good at getting them to us.

i'm the revoked q clearance

Odradek
May 23, 2007

psydude posted:

Wait, have we spotted another elusive FGO in GiP?

Separated USAF FGO (O-4), now GG-15 civilian.

Odradek
May 23, 2007

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

i'm the revoked q clearance

Still got my Q, living large.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
do you know anything about SSBN movements or tactics? tia ::tipshat:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Odradek posted:

I participated in an awesome seminar today - this Canadian guy had been radicalized in his late teens and went over to Syria to support ISIS. He was a supporter, not a combatant. After being there for a while he realized it was BS and he returned to Canada and offered to help their Intel services. He provided some excellent insights into what drives people to support ISIS and how they can be de-radicalized. He was very animated and funny and did a great 1 1/2 hour presentation. Since it was a VTC (I'm working in Charlottesville VA and the talk was at DIA HQ in DC) it was amusing to see the reaction shots of the crowd during the presentation - lots of scowls. "This dude was an ISIS scumbag...why is he here?" Overall, good insights into a dangerous ideology and some tips on how to fight it. I like my job. I'm not a CT guy (most of my experience in in counterproliferation/nuclear stuff) but this session got me smart on some interesting stuff.

I saw the internal memo going around offering that seminar but lmao if I was going to attend on my day off. I don't don't get paid enough to show up on my off time no matter whether I'm curious or not.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I need to get my green badge access back so I can take advantage of those things. But driving to Bolling just sucks.

NSA WIZARD
Jan 20, 2016

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

do you know anything about SSBN movements or tactics? tia ::tipshat:

:nsamad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Hahhahahaha

• Locked thread