Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

You know what you must do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

nsa wizard can i be your apprentice? every good wizard needs one! TIA

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

BUG JUG posted:

nsa wizard can i be your apprentice? every good wizard needs one! TIA

Nah, because they always go nuts, steal your wizard cap, and make an army of brooms.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

Nah, because they always go nuts, steal your wizard cap, and make an army of brooms.

like the NSA totally isn't behind the internet of things already. what do you think the point of a roomba is?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

Brooms were already there bud he just gave them heart, hooah?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

do you know anything about SSBN movements or tactics? tia ::tipshat:

They mostly just draw giant dicks in the water, I'm told.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

psydude posted:

Wait, have we spotted another elusive FGO in GiP?

How do we know if we got promoted in IRR?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

This May thread is off to a good start.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Out of the IRR, so go hogwild, Donnie, it's not my problem any more.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Dead Reckoning posted:

Out of the IRR, so go hogwild, Donnie, it's not my problem any more.

Waste fraud and abuse is everyone's problem!

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Odradek posted:

I participated in an awesome seminar today - this Canadian guy had been radicalized in his late teens and went over to Syria to support ISIS. He was a supporter, not a combatant. After being there for a while he realized it was BS and he returned to Canada and offered to help their Intel services. He provided some excellent insights into what drives people to support ISIS and how they can be de-radicalized. He was very animated and funny and did a great 1 1/2 hour presentation. Since it was a VTC (I'm working in Charlottesville VA and the talk was at DIA HQ in DC) it was amusing to see the reaction shots of the crowd during the presentation - lots of scowls. "This dude was an ISIS scumbag...why is he here?" Overall, good insights into a dangerous ideology and some tips on how to fight it. I like my job. I'm not a CT guy (most of my experience in in counterproliferation/nuclear stuff) but this session got me smart on some interesting stuff.

Oh yeah, for the guy who asked me for more information on the NK nuclear issue, I served 3 years as the Chief of the WMD Intelligence Cell in USFK, so I'm pretty dialed in to all things NK nuclear. They got em, just need to get good at getting them to us.

Good God my man. The idea is to not so subtly hint that you're doing Important Classified Work. "Oh, I'm an analyst specializing in nuclear counterproliferation" or "I research WMD Deterrence for the DoE." You don't just outright state it, where's the fun in that!?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The Iron Rose posted:

Good God my man. The idea is to not so subtly hint that you're doing Important Classified Work. "Oh, I'm an analyst specializing in nuclear counterproliferation" or "I research WMD Deterrence for the DoE." You don't just outright state it, where's the fun in that!?

Someone doesn't know that there's a huge amount of foreign IPs watching GiP and the CE thread in particular for next level barbecue techniques.

For the record I have no interest or knowledge of spook poo poo leave me alone nsa wizard

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hi odradek do you have any drug problems or outstanding debt just asking for a friend

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

orange juche posted:

Someone doesn't know that there's a huge amount of foreign IPs watching GiP and the CE thread in particular for next level barbecue techniques.

For the record I have no interest or knowledge of spook poo poo leave me alone nsa wizard

you'll get my secret recipes from my cold dead hands

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

You're my favorite poster.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

FrozenVent posted:

They mostly just draw giant dicks in the water, I'm told.

Confirming, and breaking Opsec in the process, drawing sea dicks is a critical component to stealth and US nuclear deterance. Luckily Trump doesn't know about this just like he's unaware of anything about 'the nuclear'

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Odradek posted:

I participated in an awesome seminar today - this Canadian guy had been radicalized in his late teens and went over to Syria to support ISIS. He was a supporter, not a combatant.

is this like how every german soldier was just a truck driver after ww2? how many kafir heads did he support off their necks?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

is this like how every german soldier was just a truck driver after ww2? how many kafir heads did he support off their necks?

Thats a fair point, the dude could have been a straight up extreme barber and he could say whatever and as long as noone from his past life calls him on his poo poo we're really none the wiser.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I generally don't want to go HOLY poo poo DID YOU SEE WHAT DONNIE SAID, but I think this is a valid exception.

A year and a half ago, Donnie said to John Meacham that Donnie could've done a deal to avoid the Civil War.

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/859365861945159681

And remember, the NSA Wizard drinks because he loves you so much.

Edit: Hollywood writer's strike averted https://twitter.com/CNNMoney/status/859331379611537408

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 12:26 on May 2, 2017

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

I'm the sudden influx of foreign ips accessing this dead gay fourm

I very much wish one day I could buy a beer for the foreign agents responsible for monitoring this form for sensitive information. Is this a resume builder for you guys? Do you walk into your performance review and be like my dead gay forum didn't leak any SSBN movements this quarter pls increase my bonus. Do you get to say I identified X go mine his facebook and poo poo, please give me a good quarterly.

e: if a women significantly better looking than your average starts to be interested in you watch out ;-*

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 12:44 on May 2, 2017

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Odradek posted:

I participated in an awesome seminar today - this Canadian guy had been radicalized in his late teens and went over to Syria to support ISIS. He was a supporter, not a combatant. After being there for a while he realized it was BS and he returned to Canada and offered to help their Intel services. He provided some excellent insights into what drives people to support ISIS and how they can be de-radicalized. He was very animated and funny and did a great 1 1/2 hour presentation. Since it was a VTC (I'm working in Charlottesville VA and the talk was at DIA HQ in DC) it was amusing to see the reaction shots of the crowd during the presentation - lots of scowls. "This dude was an ISIS scumbag...why is he here?" Overall, good insights into a dangerous ideology and some tips on how to fight it. I like my job. I'm not a CT guy (most of my experience in in counterproliferation/nuclear stuff) but this session got me smart on some interesting stuff.

Oh yeah, for the guy who asked me for more information on the NK nuclear issue, I served 3 years as the Chief of the WMD Intelligence Cell in USFK, so I'm pretty dialed in to all things NK nuclear. They got em, just need to get good at getting them to us.

Odadek you should post an AMA in this forum and use that as practice for future interviews of all varieties.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
"Fox News Contributor".

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/859382832669523968

The Trump White House: Where Every Day is Take Your (Unelected) Daughter to Work Day

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Waroduce posted:

I'm the sudden influx of foreign ips accessing this dead gay fourm

I very much wish one day I could buy a beer for the foreign agents responsible for monitoring this form for sensitive information. Is this a resume builder for you guys? Do you walk into your performance review and be like my dead gay forum didn't leak any SSBN movements this quarter pls increase my bonus. Do you get to say I identified X go mine his facebook and poo poo, please give me a good quarterly.

e: if a women significantly better looking than your average starts to be interested in you watch out ;-*

but she takes me to all the best museums.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

How do we know if we got promoted in IRR?

You would get a letter, actually.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Waroduce posted:

SwampDonkey posted:

but she takes me to all the best museums.

But enough about Ivanka Trump :v:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

I generally don't want to go HOLY poo poo DID YOU SEE WHAT DONNIE SAID, but I think this is a valid exception.

A year and a half ago, Donnie said to John Meacham that Donnie could've done a deal to avoid the Civil War.

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/859365861945159681

And remember, the NSA Wizard drinks because he loves you so much.

Edit: Hollywood writer's strike averted https://twitter.com/CNNMoney/status/859331379611537408

Donnie Dumbfuck probably does believe his own bullshit about being a mega supreme ultimate best deal maker and negotiater. From day one of his life his daddies billions got him whatever he wanted, as CEO everyone in his company did what he wanted, he's had an army of lawyers ready to turbo gently caress everyone else in any contract to get what he wanted.

The narcissism just lets him think it's all due to his inherent Randian superiority instead of inherited wealth.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-39783670?ocid=socialflow_twitter

YouTube stars lose kids or something. Internet makes you stupid

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Hot Karl Marx posted:

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-39783670?ocid=socialflow_twitter

YouTube stars lose kids or something. Internet makes you stupid

Good, those people were horrible parents.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Trump thinking he could have out-dealed the civil war from happening is funny, but him saying that and then being unable to pass legislation with a republican congress is next level hilarious. At this point he is objectively worse at political deal making than George W Bush.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Best Friends posted:

Trump thinking he could have out-dealed the civil war from happening is funny, but him saying that and then being unable to pass legislation with a republican congress is next level hilarious. At this point he is objectively worse at political deal making than George W Bush.

Bush had actually competent, experienced legislators and bureaucrats working for him who were dedicated to pushing his policies. The reality warping power of 9/11 and the Iraq War greased the skids for a lot of his dumb poo poo, but even in a vacuum there's no comparing a skilled political operator like Dick Cheney to a bumbling dumbfuck like Steve Bannon.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Meanwhile, Pot is the new Pepsi

https://twitter.com/bettinahansen/s...s-in-seattle%2F

edit: THE GREAT PROTECTORS OF THE SEATTLE PEOPLE

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 16:20 on May 2, 2017

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Also, don't underestimate how much the Freedom Caucus plays into the current situation vs. past unified governments.

The FC is essentially a separate entity that caucuses with the Republicans and the reason Ryan (and Boehner before him) can't get anything done is due to this split within the Republican party.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

suboptimal posted:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/859382832669523968

The Trump White House: Where Every Day is Take Your (Unelected) Daughter to Work Day

Looks like we got our first female president after all.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Looks like we got our first female president after all.

If that's the bar, she got beat by almost 100 years by Edith Wilson. When Woodrow stroked out, she more or less took over in "private meetings" with the president, and there wasn't yet an amendment that said the VP takes over when the president is incapacitated.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Pesticide20 posted:

Good, those people were horrible parents.

I happened to watch a thirty minute clip about them just yesterday by some other dude on YouTube, and those parents are monsters.

They've raised a family of psychopaths that targeted that Cody kid the worst. As it is he's gonna be seriously hosed up. If you told me that in 5 years the rest of the kids were rapists, murderers and enjoy some good old animal torture I wouldn't be shocked at all.

They were making 1100 dollars a DAY from their sadistic videos until YouTube pulled the plug.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Trump is presenting the Commander in Chief trophy to the Air Force Academy.

Everyone is standing outside with out their covers. What the gently caress?

Also whining about democrats over a 20 billion dollar increase in defense spending.

Edit: Now crying and whining about the boarder wall. Because that has everything to do with presenting a trophy for football....

AND NO ONE STILL HAS A GOD drat COVER ON.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 17:02 on May 2, 2017

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

oh god what if trump is senile and kushner is weekend at bernie's-ing the executive branch

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Donnie thinks the Continuing Resolution deal was so bad that there absolutely must be a shutdown on October 1st and the filibuster must be removed.

That's right, because Donnie is so mad at Democrats for steamrolling him, he is actually CALLING for a government shutdown in October. I'm not linking his tweets.

This all while his OMB guy says they actually got a good deal. It's been a very :psyduck: thing to watch Washington DC react when there isn't a clear set of talking points being distributed, so everyone is winging it and the White House is constantly contradicting each other.

Meanwhile, the THAAD missile defense system is up in Worst Korea, but Worst Korea is superfuckingpissed at Donnie's threat to make them pay for it, even after McMaster confirmed that the US was paying. Worst Korea was sorta on the fence about installing the THAAD system to begin with, so they're one step closed to telling Donnie to go gently caress himself.

https://twitter.com/GlennKesslerWP/status/859434445148966912

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

oh god what if trump is senile and kushner is weekend at bernie's-ing the executive branch

Pence has been quiet and making international trips for a reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Yeah...what "if"

• Locked thread