Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Man, Schumer really mindfucked Donnie.

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/859437955194212352

Video posted of USAF Cadets as props: https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/859438976846807040

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Genocide Tendency posted:

Air Force Academy.

Trump, as always, chooses the lowest bar to trip over.

TheAlphaChaser
May 12, 2013

Slim Pickens posted:

Meanwhile, Pot is the new Pepsi

https://twitter.com/bettinahansen/s...s-in-seattle%2F

edit: THE GREAT PROTECTORS OF THE SEATTLE PEOPLE

Is that Uncle Sam's dick protector I spy on the purple one?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Video posted of USAF Cadets as props:

At least they're useful for something I guess.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Genocide Tendency posted:

AND NO ONE STILL HAS A GOD drat COVER ON.

50/50 the press team thought it would look better, or "lol we're the football team, military standards and discipline don't apply to us."

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

TheAlphaChaser posted:

Is that Uncle Sam's dick protector I spy on the purple one?

RIT stained chicken fingers

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i'm the ginger kid staring directly at the camera

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Fister Roboto posted:

At least they're useful for something I guess.

Geez, have a heart, they're not Navy Cadets.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
The longer they're stuck listening to Trump to safer the co-eds are

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

The longer they're stuck listening to Trump to safer the co-eds are

Seems like a good time to discuss this..

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

facialimpediment posted:

Donnie thinks the Continuing Resolution deal was so bad that there absolutely must be a shutdown on October 1st and the filibuster must be removed.

That's right, because Donnie is so mad at Democrats for steamrolling him, he is actually CALLING for a government shutdown in October. I'm not linking his tweets.

This all while his OMB guy says they actually got a good deal. It's been a very :psyduck: thing to watch Washington DC react when there isn't a clear set of talking points being distributed, so everyone is winging it and the White House is constantly contradicting each other.

Meanwhile, the THAAD missile defense system is up in Worst Korea, but Worst Korea is superfuckingpissed at Donnie's threat to make them pay for it, even after McMaster confirmed that the US was paying. Worst Korea was sorta on the fence about installing the THAAD system to begin with, so they're one step closed to telling Donnie to go gently caress himself.

https://twitter.com/GlennKesslerWP/status/859434445148966912

Pence has been quiet and making international trips for a reason.

THAAD in South Korea gives us two shots at any missiles that the Norks (*cough* or the Chinese *cough*) throw our way so if Donnie fucks that up with his idiocy he will actually have damaged US security in an immediately measurable way.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Will someone impeach this stupid motherfucker already jfc

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Zeroisanumber posted:

THAAD in South Korea gives us two shots at any missiles that the Norks (*cough* or the Chinese *cough*) throw our way so if Donnie fucks that up with his idiocy he will actually have damaged US security in an immediately measurable way.

that biden quote about how he's so stupid that he doesn't understand the damage he's doing is ringing very loving true about now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw0ifjpVTtY

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Spicer press briefing is starting now

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

who's this dude

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

I generally don't want to go HOLY poo poo DID YOU SEE WHAT DONNIE SAID, but I think this is a valid exception.

uhh this is like the vast majority of your posts in the ce threads though :confused:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Trying to walk back Trumps comment about shutting the government down in Sept now

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
That cop who shot the hell out of an unarmed man's backside and killed him has plead to federal charges.

It was a classic case of suspect was going for my taser until video to the contrary came out.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

mlmp08 posted:

That cop who shot the hell out of an unarmed man's backside and killed him has plead to federal charges.

It was a classic case of suspect was going for my taser until video to the contrary came out.

Speaking of which, Betty Shelby trial starts May 8th

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

uhh this is like the vast majority of your posts in the ce threads though :confused:

Fair. Thankfully this one combines a dumbfuck lackey and a really good chyron. That shutdown quote spread like wildfire in the office.

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/859473298039730176

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Lol Spicer literally fled the room rather than answer questions like he promised

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Florida's state house just passed a medical marijuana bill that doesn't allow for people to smoke pot.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Piell posted:

Lol Spicer literally fled the room rather than answer questions like he promised

https://twitter.com/mviser/status/859475081176678400

What the gently caress is the white house press shop in full meltdown or something?

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Florida's state house just passed a medical marijuana bill that doesn't allow for people to smoke pot.

That isn't abnormal. Other states do the same. VAPE LIFE

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

That isn't abnormal. Other states do the same. VAPE LIFE

It's got a number of head scratchers in the bill. There's no allowance any smokable cannabis of any kind, no edibles greater than 10mg, extremely restricted supply chain that essentially preserves the low-thc oligarch for at least 3-4 years. One of the senators that proposed a worse bill and was the architect of the low-thc bill owns one of the 7 producers. And yes, they allow vaping through whatever delivery system your dispensary sells, but a number of the most common methods of oil extraction are strictly prohibited.

It does have some good parts. It expands slightly the constitutional amendment's things that are covered to include chronic non-malignant pain and PTSD plus gives a bunch of funding for research and treatments.

Then it has stuff in there such as daily restrictions and limits of a max of a 70 day supply. Essentially restricting the amount to a level where it really isn't effective.

Meanwhile Colorado and Washington are bringing in billions in tax revenue.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 20:10 on May 2, 2017

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Final Blog Entry posted:

That's a good drat recruiter

mlmp08 posted:

Imagine being a US service member whose wife runs off to marry an IS member. ffs

canyoneer posted:

Jihad Jodie

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

tastefully arranged labia posted:

i'm the ginger kid staring directly at the camera

I'm the dude that couldn't figure out if he wanted to be Link, a ninja turtle, or a banana

Edit:

mlmp08 posted:

I really want some judge to point out that if dudes in Syria and poo poo can upload fully sick 4k ultra HD footage of them magdumping AKs into sand dunes, then police have zero excuse to not be able to operate a body camera in suburban America.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/mviser/status/859475081176678400

What the gently caress is the white house press shop in full meltdown or something?

No, they're just executing a good shutdown.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Slim Pickens posted:

edit: THE GREAT PROTECTORS OF THE SEATTLE PEOPLE

I think you meant to post this in the Cosplay thread.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
That reminds me of the Portland White People Riot last night that mostly involved a few windows broken, plastic newsstands lit in a bonfire, and the forcible moving of one of those solar-powered traffic signs.

The best is how the Woke Protestors decided to toss Pepsi cans at the police.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/portland-protest-pepsi-police-kendall-jenner-999590

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

milk milk lemonade posted:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Two Finger posted:

who's this dude

OMB Director Master Billy Quizboy

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

shame on an IGA posted:

OMB Director Master Billy Quizboy

An administration led by Dr. Thaddeus S. Venture would be more competent than what we have right now

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Dr Venture would be the only sitting US president in history that couldn't manage to get a BJ from his intern

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Pesticide20 posted:

An administration led by Dr. Thaddeus S. Venture would be more competent than what we have right now

Ah yes, super good!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
In Flagstaff current events, the trial for the kid that shot four folks and killed one on campus in the Fall of 2015 is looking to be headed for a hung jury.

I sat through the opening & closing statements, the testimony, and the even the jury asking questions, and my conclusion is that both the prosecution and defense counsel are morons. I'm armchair-lawyering obviously, but there's a charge of premeditated murder, the prosecutor calls the shooter an "assassin in the night", and then - in his opening statement, no less - he submits that two of the victims lunged at the shooter, the shooter stopped firing after the first victim got hit, stowed his weapon and went in for first aid, and asked the first officer on the scene to help the victims.

The guy also got his opening statements interrupted by a bunch of sustained objections, so I have no idea if there's some calculated grandstanding there, or if the prosecutor is just dumb. Defense counsel is also a babbling fool, though.

After five days of deliberation, the jury hasn't even reached on ANY of the five aggravated assault charges, nor the premeditated murder charge.

http://www.12news.com/news/local/arizona/judge-gives-instructions-to-jury-in-nau-shooting-trial-deliberations-resume/429413315

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Brexit keeps on providing the Brits with Trumpian levels of winning, month after month:

quote:

The future of Britain’s power supply has been jeopardised by Brexit and the government must act urgently to ensure nuclear power stations stay open, MPs have warned.

The influential Commons business, energy and industrial strategy committee said that any gap between the UK leaving a European atomic power treaty and entering into secure alternative deals would “severely inhibit nuclear trade and research and threaten power supplies”.
The cross-party group of MPs said it shared the nuclear industry’s concern that it would take more than two years to hammer out a new deal for regulating nuclear power stations and trade. It urged the government to delay exit from the European Atomic Energy Community (Euratom) or set up transitional arrangements, which may need to be longer than the three years proposed by the European parliament.

In a stark warning, Iain Wright, the committee’s chair, said: “The impact of Brexit on Euratom has not been thought through. The government has failed to consider the potentially severe ramifications of its Brexit objectives for the nuclear industry. Ministers must act as urgently as possible. The repercussions of failing to do so are huge. The continued operations of the UK nuclear industry are at risk.”

The committee’s report echoed a warning from nuclear energy lawyers that leaving Euratom without a new deal would see the trade in nuclear fuel grind to a halt and could ultimately force Britain’s reactors to switch off. A former government adviser had told the committee that the UK nuclear industry would be “crippled” if new nuclear cooperation deals are not agreed within two years. The Euratom treaty promotes uniform safety standards, cooperation and research into nuclear power.

:discourse:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/may/02/britains-energy-supply-is-in-jeopardy-after-brexit-warn-mps

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Duzzy Funlop posted:

In Flagstaff current events, the trial for the kid that shot four folks and killed one on campus in the Fall of 2015 is looking to be headed for a hung jury.

I sat through the opening & closing statements, the testimony, and the even the jury asking questions, and my conclusion is that both the prosecution and defense counsel are morons. I'm armchair-lawyering obviously, but there's a charge of premeditated murder, the prosecutor calls the shooter an "assassin in the night", and then - in his opening statement, no less - he submits that two of the victims lunged at the shooter, the shooter stopped firing after the first victim got hit, stowed his weapon and went in for first aid, and asked the first officer on the scene to help the victims.

The guy also got his opening statements interrupted by a bunch of sustained objections, so I have no idea if there's some calculated grandstanding there, or if the prosecutor is just dumb. Defense counsel is also a babbling fool, though.

After five days of deliberation, the jury hasn't even reached on ANY of the five aggravated assault charges, nor the premeditated murder charge.

http://www.12news.com/news/local/arizona/judge-gives-instructions-to-jury-in-nau-shooting-trial-deliberations-resume/429413315

Whoa buddy, this is the country where O.J. got off, soaybe you could set the bar a little lower for your legal expectations. You keep mouthing off like that and we won't let your kind work here!

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 21:46 on May 2, 2017

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I feel like a German citizen circa 1939.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Pesticide20 posted:

The state of the union address is just a shot of the Problem Light:

Also give Dr. Orpheus Spicer's job, complete with dramatic music

• Locked thread