Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Colgate University (New York State) went on active shooter lockdown yesterday.

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/859502101394751488

Turns out, someone saw a black kid using a glue gun and reported it to the cops :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pesticide20 posted:

An administration led by Dean Venture would be more competent than what we have right now

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I struggle to find someone less competent, fictional or otherwise

Like legit think that M-o-o-n dude from The Stand would probably edge out Trump

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

facialimpediment posted:

Colgate University (New York State) went on active shooter lockdown yesterday.

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/859502101394751488

Turns out, someone saw a black kid using a glue gun and reported it to the cops :cripes:

It's the feel-good school shooting story of the year

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

He had a kind heart and tried his best and given enough time could figure things out for himself.

Checks out

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

M-O-O-N spells Trump!

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Pesticide20 posted:

An administration led by Dr. Thaddeus S. Venture would be more competent than what we have right now

"Why is it that every time I try to pass a budget, we get waylaid by jackassery?"

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

not caring here posted:

I happened to watch a thirty minute clip about them just yesterday by some other dude on YouTube, and those parents are monsters.

They've raised a family of psychopaths that targeted that Cody kid the worst. As it is he's gonna be seriously hosed up. If you told me that in 5 years the rest of the kids were rapists, murderers and enjoy some good old animal torture I wouldn't be shocked at all.

They were making 1100 dollars a DAY from their sadistic videos until YouTube pulled the plug.

I am getting old, old, old because in the last few years (but actually prob ever since Nick Berg) I have increasingly been "nah, I'm not watching/looking that up :mad:"

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
This doubles as a sign of where the healthcare bill currently is and as a funny quote.

https://twitter.com/cimarcos/status/859521236359053313

It seems like no republican wants to be The One that killed the bill.

Edit: This story's better, Republican running away from reporters so fast that he went into the women's bathroom

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/859530954087559170

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 2, 2017

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
:siren: ATTENTION NSA WIZARD :siren:

SOMEONE IS SHOWING HIS CAC

https://twitter.com/RabbiShmuley/status/859514352755453954

I thought about posting this earlier for the fun poo poo in the background (sunsetting VISA laws, EVENTUALLY making Mexico pay for the wall, etc) and decided against it, then I just realized that Bannondorf didn't hide his CAC. It looks like it's a weird CAC though, because it doesn't have that scannable ID strip on the front.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

facialimpediment posted:

:siren: ATTENTION NSA WIZARD :siren:

SOMEONE IS SHOWING HIS CAC

https://twitter.com/RabbiShmuley/status/859514352755453954

I thought about posting this earlier for the fun poo poo in the background (sunsetting VISA laws, EVENTUALLY making Mexico pay for the wall, etc) and decided against it, then I just realized that Bannondorf didn't hide his CAC. It looks like it's a weird CAC though, because it doesn't have that scannable ID strip on the front.

Pls don't doxx shim

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Among the writings on his board is 'Build the border wall and eventually make Mexico pay for it'

Poor Steve.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
uhh youre adding the "pay for it" part yourself there. what if it says "great again" instead?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

uhh youre adding the "pay for it" part yourself there. what if it says "great again" instead?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
uh thanks for proving my point? its cut off after it says mexico

mmga

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

mmga

'Eventually Make Mexico' Its fully implied what comes after that.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Are blue checks noting defeated pledges? or like that they have started to try and get them passed? seems like alot of check marks on there...

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

mmga

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

'Eventually Make Mexico' Its fully implied what comes after that.

maybe to you, but you dont actually know what it says, so either of us could be right. or it could be something entirely different

:iiam:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

this is like the rarest Trump hat

only one public appearance

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

maybe to you, but you dont actually know what it says, so either of us could be right. or it could be something entirely different

:iiam:

Please fill in the blank with something plausible, based on prior evidence of Bannon's goals.

"Build the border wall and eventually make Mexico a decorative lace doily" perhaps?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

McNally posted:

Please fill in the blank with something plausible, based on prior evidence of Bannon's goals.

"Build the border wall and eventually make Mexico a decorative lace doily" perhaps?

A scary bogeyman for voters to usher in successful midterm elections?

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

mmga

Odradek
May 23, 2007

Don't hate me because I'm cute
I'm completely overt in what I do. I just can't give details of the exact work. I find it cuts through all the cutesy evasive BS. Besides, a whole bunch of foreign services know what I do because of past exchanges. If they know, pretty much everybody in the business does too.

quote="The Iron Rose" post="471932195"]
Good God my man. The idea is to not so subtly hint that you're doing Important Classified Work. "Oh, I'm an analyst specializing in nuclear counterproliferation" or "I research WMD Deterrence for the DoE." You don't just outright state it, where's the fun in that!?
[/quote]

Odradek
May 23, 2007

Don't hate me because I'm cute
Nope. 3 years in Korea (no rent or utilities plus bonus pay and nearly unlimited overtime) does wonders for savings and investment portfolios. I knew senior DoD guys who were over there for 30 plus years and they were loaded. Plus they all have Korean wives to manage their finances for maximum richness-enhancement.

Slim Pickens posted:

Hi odradek do you have any drug problems or outstanding debt just asking for a friend

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Slim Pickens posted:

edit: THE GREAT PROTECTORS OF THE SEATTLE PEOPLE

SkyMan!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
https://twitter.com/badnetworker/status/855119350243753984

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

loving beautiful.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Lmbo

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Found a good metaphor for current events
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/859570710624296962

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

So in this is Trump the toddler and the firefighters are the free world telling him to wake the gently caress up? Or are we the toddler, ever entertained by the shitshow going on around us, not realizing that the ferry is sinking and we're catapulting toward the choking embrace of the grave?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Odradek posted:

Nope. 3 years in Korea (no rent or utilities plus bonus pay and nearly unlimited overtime) does wonders for savings and investment portfolios. I knew senior DoD guys who were over there for 30 plus years and they were loaded. Plus they all have Korean wives to manage their finances for maximum richness-enhancement.

Whereabouts in THE PUREST AND MOST NOBLE COUNTRY ON EARTH are you? Seoul or Busan I expect?

Also, did you know that Jeju is better than any other tropical island and Dokdo is most certainly not called Takeshima?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Wasabi the J posted:

I feel like a German citizen circa 1939.

I've had similar private musings.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
:stare:

https://twitter.com/RogerJStoneJr/status/859577400723722240

https://twitter.com/RogerJStoneJr/status/859576545828102144

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 3, 2017

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Roger Stone is such a batty old ratfucker that part of me wants to like him.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Zeroisanumber posted:

Roger Stone is such a batty old ratfucker that part of me wants to like him.

Yeah but then you'd be on the same boat as Donald J Trump. Speaking of which:

https://twitter.com/justinjm1/status/859433521097711617

Donald J Trump: rewriting history by scribbling banana yellow crayon in the margins.

ded redd fucked around with this message at 03:04 on May 3, 2017

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/02/polit...linkId=37125627

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

SquirrelyPSU posted:

I've had similar private musings.

At this point I think Donnie is so far out of his element that the likelihood of him pulling off a Reichstag Fire is pretty remote. While he is an endless pit of greed with a narcissist's demand for adulation I don't think he has the capability or political backing to pull it off.

To be clear we're still going to be cleaning up the damage from this administration for decades. Shits going to be broken that will be felt for a long goddamn time because none of this is normal and a healthy society would not have gotten here. I just don't worry about Donnie pulling off a coup and cancelling elections or something because he's just so loving stupid and short sighted.

I do have concerns for whoever follows him. The Pandora's Box is open now, blatant bigotry and openly rallying people around hurting the "other" without even an attempt at a fig leaf cover story are no longer disqualifying for the highest office in the land. Someone is going to take the Trumpian playbook and run with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Here is one I cannot understand the how or why it would ever pass.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/02/news/economy/overtime-pay-bill-passes-house/index.html

quote:

Do you get paid for overtime work? The House of Representatives just passed a bill you may want to know about.

The measure, backed by Republicans, would let employers give workers time off instead of time-and-a-half pay the next time they put in extra hours. The vote tally was largely along party lines, with no Democrats voting in favor of the bill. Six Republicans also voted against it.

G.O.P. leadership has touted the legislation, called the Working Families Flexibility Act, as an attempt to codify flexibility for employees.

"I don't think there's anything more powerful than giving them more control over their time so that they can make the best decisions for themselves and their families," Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers of Washington said Tuesday morning in a press conference held by Republican leaders in the House.

The Trump administration also came out in support of the measure on Tuesday. The White House said in a news release that the president's advisers would recommend Trump sign the bill into law if it was presented to him in its current form.

gently caress you, no overtime pay. Instead you get to have 'time off' when the employer decides its ok.

What?

Seriously.

WHAT?!

Can you imagine how that would work for things like police or nurses? My wife puts in OT every week because they always need more nurses and gets called in on days off all the drat time.

• Locked thread