Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i think in the army I earned probably like a year off through notional "comp time" that you can't take just quite yet let us finish up with X y and Z first and then its forgotten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

facialimpediment posted:

:siren: ATTENTION NSA WIZARD :siren:

SOMEONE IS SHOWING HIS CAC

https://twitter.com/RabbiShmuley/status/859514352755453954

I thought about posting this earlier for the fun poo poo in the background (sunsetting VISA laws, EVENTUALLY making Mexico pay for the wall, etc) and decided against it, then I just realized that Bannondorf didn't hide his CAC. It looks like it's a weird CAC though, because it doesn't have that scannable ID strip on the front.

Some other reprobate that I know is responsible for this one but here is NSA at night.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

ded posted:

Here is one I cannot understand the how or why it would ever pass.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/02/news/economy/overtime-pay-bill-passes-house/index.html

gently caress you, no overtime pay. Instead you get to have 'time off' when the employer decides its ok.

What?

Seriously.

WHAT?!

Can you imagine how that would work for things like police or nurses? My wife puts in OT every week because they always need more nurses and gets called in on days off all the drat time.

Lol have some time with the family instead of earning the money you may need to support that family

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

ded posted:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/02/news/economy/overtime-pay-bill-passes-house/index.html

gently caress you, no overtime pay. Instead you get to have 'time off' when the employer decides its ok.

What?

Seriously.

WHAT?!

Can you imagine how that would work for things like police or nurses? My wife puts in OT every week because they always need more nurses and gets called in on days off all the drat time.

The whole reason you get overtime is because there isn't enough workers.

Hire more employees costs more than just paying some overtime from time to time.

The comp time would have to come out of the same pay check period for me to not string up my employer.

This is an immensely dumb idea.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

MA-Horus posted:

Also, did you know that Jeju is better than any other tropical island and Dokdo is most certainly not called Takeshima?

Funny story, when asked by a RoK Marine Major If I knew about Dokdo at a casual dinner (On the island of Yeonpyeongdo, the one shelled by the Norks) , I pretended to pause then replied "Oh, you must mean Takeshima!"

Dude tried to come over the table to try and choke me out while his Gunny was cracking up (we had met and drank before) and my translator earned his per diem explaining I'm just an rear end in a top hat and know Dokdo is for Koreans.

Bonus sign outside a military gear store in songtan :

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Sign unironically owns

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

https://twitter.com/MELANIATRUMP/likes

And just in case it gets unliked

:smith:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

ded posted:

What?

Seriously.

WHAT?!

lol holy poo poo i want this to pass just so i can see the look on people's face as they realize they just got turbofucked by their blessed job creator

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
someone will cry that its a tweet but i mean it is the president

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/859601184285491201

poo poo talking his head of FBI thats investigating him and his associates, 1039th dimensional chess

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Comey's doing open testimony tomorrow

so is sally yates

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

someone will cry that its a tweet but i mean it is the president

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/859601184285491201

poo poo talking his head of FBI thats investigating him and his associates, 1039th dimensional chess

I mean it is kind of funny

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

ded posted:

What?

Seriously.

WHAT?!

Wait..

This is already a thing.

Like... Employers do this all the time. They bitch and cry about being short and "can you stay an extra hour we really need coverage because this lazy poo poo called out again and we will totes make up for it by letting you out early tomorrow..". Then they do that 3 of the 5 days a week, while running you right to the clock on the other two and when they find out you are in overtime after the fact they throw a gigantic poo poo fit about you not adhering to the schedule.

Or is that just a handful of states where that fuckery is legal? Because it was done all the time in more than one place I have worked.

Maybe I am misunderstanding something and this doesn't do what I think it does? Or I have been screwed by employers doing things they weren't legally allowed to do?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

I struggle to find someone less competent, fictional or otherwise

Like legit think that M-o-o-n dude from The Stand would probably edge out Trump

Maybe... Maybe we're heading a timeline like 'Being There'

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.

Genocide Tendency posted:

Wait..

This is already a thing.

Like... Employers do this all the time. They bitch and cry about being short and "can you stay an extra hour we really need coverage because this lazy poo poo called out again and we will totes make up for it by letting you out early tomorrow..". Then they do that 3 of the 5 days a week, while running you right to the clock on the other two and when they find out you are in overtime after the fact they throw a gigantic poo poo fit about you not adhering to the schedule.

Or is that just a handful of states where that fuckery is legal? Because it was done all the time in more than one place I have worked.

Maybe I am misunderstanding something and this doesn't do what I think it does? Or I have been screwed by employers doing things they weren't legally allowed to do?

What this means is that classified employees can now be forced to take comp time in lieu of overtime pay. So if you work 60 hours in one week, instead of getting 20 hours of overtime, you'll get 20 hours of comp time. The scenario you described is illegal in a lot of places.

psydude fucked around with this message at 04:21 on May 3, 2017

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Right. Re-read the thing and figured out what I was missing.

That thing is dead in the Senate so its not going anywhere.

quote:

Republicans, who hold 52 seats in the upper chamber, will need eight Democrats to vote in favor of the legislation to avoid a filibuster.

They aren't getting 8 votes from the blues for that pile of poo poo.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
ahahahahahahahahahaha oh my loving god watch this IMMEDIATELY

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/859609243774840834

The Mulvaney conference call turned into an incredible clusterfuck.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Why does that childish "journalist" have a TV show?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

facialimpediment posted:

Hard question? :raise:

*CRSSRSKKK* Sorry what was that? ***SSHSHHCHH* I Cant *SSSCCHHH* Heat you ssssssss

Hangs up phone and runs away.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

facialimpediment posted:

This is every conference call at my company with more then about ten people on it.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Zeris posted:

She used to do news.

Also is not like you can't laugh at something so farcical and not be serious at other times. poo poo I think anyone who's worked in A TOC can understand the hilarity of hold music blasting into the conference call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g4dkBF5anU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

facialimpediment posted:

Edit: This story's better, Republican running away from reporters so fast that he went into the women's bathroom

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/859530954087559170

I wonder if this guy ever ranted about men going into women's rooms to rape everything in there.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Finding the WebEx thread in YOSPOS was one of the most cathartic moments of my life

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Wait..

This is already a thing.

If you have had that happen to you, yes it was illegal. If you work OT you get OT pay, period. It doesn't matter what they say if you work it they owe you. Employers will try to pull all kinds of things that are not actually legal and try to say they are.

This is one of the reasons unions happened.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

shame on an IGA posted:

Finding the WebEx thread in YOSPOS was one of the most cathartic moments of my life

i feel your cisco pain

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Wasabi the J posted:

She used to do news.

Also is not like you can't laugh at something so farcical and not be serious at other times. poo poo I think anyone who's worked in A TOC can understand the hilarity of hold music blasting into the conference call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g4dkBF5anU

The video was hilarious, but her making faces like a youtube reaction video is dumb.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

ded posted:

If you have had that happen to you, yes it was illegal. If you work OT you get OT pay, period. It doesn't matter what they say if you work it they owe you. Employers will try to pull all kinds of things that are not actually legal and try to say they are.

I'm pretty sure different states have different regulations on how paid time off is regulated with regards to the proportion of the time's value your employer has to pay you. Depending on how that federal law is written you might only end up getting 70% or so of the value of your time if you cash it in at the end of the year, instead of the 150% you're currently entitled to.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

shame on an IGA posted:

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i feel your cisco pain

Just this morning at work I heard from a boardroom the opening sounds of the default cisco hold music and then three people (including one on the webex in another city) saying "ugh, someone put the webex on hold" at the same time.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck everything in that thread is the truth

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Cat Face Joe posted:

*meeting has been going for 23 minutes*

HI THIS IS TED SHITFUCKER I JUST JOINED

FPS_Sage posted:

*leaves email open full screen when starting WebEx*

*Everyone else squints trying read subject lines looking for juicy gossip*

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I waited on hold for like 1.5 hours for someone in Makalapa for something, cant remember what but that hold music is burned into my mind forever now.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Seriously trump taking swipes at the head of the FBI is beyond funny

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Kazinsal posted:

Just this morning at work I heard from a boardroom the opening sounds of the default cisco hold music and then three people (including one on the webex in another city) saying "ugh, someone put the webex on hold" at the same time.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck everything in that thread is the truth

The Thread

http://conferencecall.biz/

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

ded posted:

No. Or at least not the way it reads.

What I originally thought was that the law would allow companies to give you time off or defer hours from the end of your work week if you worked over time. In other words say its Wednesday and you are already sitting on 32 hours because you were working late every day. Instead of working the remaining scheduled 16 hours and getting ot, they cut 4 hours both days or have you stay home one. Which would get you back down to 40.

What the bill actually does is you work 48 hours and instead of getting 8 hours of OT they just say we will eventually give you 8 hours of time off. Which is wage theft.

I knew when I first looked at it, I knew I had to be missing something and turns out I was.

Remember back in march when I :toxx: for that Trump watersports tape?

Here is the conformation email:

$25 to Puppies Behind Bars, $10 to Charity Nav and $1.67 to cover processing fees.

Edit: Fixed bad math.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 05:34 on May 3, 2017

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Zeris posted:

im the biggest maddow apologist ever so i'll say its a response to how goddamn depressed and dour she's been for the past week

or it could be the fact that recently the ratings showed she's the #1 newshow watched by young adults by a longshot

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

No. Or at least not the way it reads.

What I originally thought was that the law would allow companies to give you time off or defer hours from the end of your work week if you worked over time. In other words say its Wednesday and you are already sitting on 32 hours because you were working late every day. Instead of working the remaining scheduled 16 hours and getting ot, they cut 4 hours both days or have you stay home one. Which would get you back down to 40.

What the bill actually does is you work 48 hours and instead of getting 8 hours of OT they just say we will eventually give you 8 hours of time off. Which is wage theft.

I knew when I first looked at it, I knew I had to be missing something and turns out I was.

If they made it 12 hours it would be remotely fair. But no they always gonna try to gently caress the little guy. Some industries simply cant hire on people quick enough to deal with spikes in labor. Not sure if a lot of companies would actually be down for this.

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014
Im a PT supervisor at UPS and this bullshit bill is how UPS does their FT supervisors during peak season. They work 60 hours a week on average for about a month but they are salaried. THe company "reimburses" them with extra PTO.

The funniest thing (i.e most horrible) about that rule is....they dont get enough time to use all of their existing PTO during the year anyway (its all mgmt discretion and UPS blacks out the entire month of december til january 2nd for vaca requests). Im not sure if they get paid out for it, but if they do its probably straight time instead of time and a half.

And these are the same loopholes that will be abused for everyone now! :v:

Knives Amilli fucked around with this message at 06:23 on May 3, 2017

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

hey

how much should i be afraid of the rumors that Apple just dissolved a shitload of money and is preparing an offer to buy out disney

the first 1 trillion dollar business

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

hey

how much should i be afraid of the rumors that Apple just dissolved a shitload of money and is preparing an offer to buy out disney

the first 1 trillion dollar business

Steve Job's estate was already the largest single shareholder in disney so it wouldn't surprise me if there's push from that side.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

Steve Job's estate was already the largest single shareholder in disney so it wouldn't surprise me if there's push from that side.

yeah and john lasseter coming in from pixar to run a shitload of disney

its mindblowing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
What is there to be afraid of? Disney movies only being available for digital download on itunes or something?

• Locked thread