Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Arc Light posted:

Active shooter in Dallas. A firefighter has been shot, and cops are pinned down by gunfire. Area's cordoned off.

http://m.ksla.com/ksla/db_350562/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=YSNhPIj5

lol well theres no question now, that armed first responder bill is definitely going to pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
reading this budget overview I'd never in a million years thought Democrats could get this much

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

well he's certainly motivated

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

orange juche posted:

Conservatives will hiss and boo it because HIV is Gods punishment to the gays and the druggies.

I think it is extremely cool though, and it would be amazing if we could eradicate HIV and AIDS entirely through gene therapy.

at the same time theyll want to use this to cure the 'gay gene'

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
These people were always this lovely, they just don't have to hide it any longer

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
The longer they're stuck listening to Trump to safer the co-eds are

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

mlmp08 posted:

That cop who shot the hell out of an unarmed man's backside and killed him has plead to federal charges.

It was a classic case of suspect was going for my taser until video to the contrary came out.

Speaking of which, Betty Shelby trial starts May 8th

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

I struggle to find someone less competent, fictional or otherwise

Like legit think that M-o-o-n dude from The Stand would probably edge out Trump

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

ded posted:

Here is one I cannot understand the how or why it would ever pass.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/02/news/economy/overtime-pay-bill-passes-house/index.html

gently caress you, no overtime pay. Instead you get to have 'time off' when the employer decides its ok.

What?

Seriously.

WHAT?!

Can you imagine how that would work for things like police or nurses? My wife puts in OT every week because they always need more nurses and gets called in on days off all the drat time.

lol holy poo poo i want this to pass just so i can see the look on people's face as they realize they just got turbofucked by their blessed job creator

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Some of them just want it out of the House and make it the Senate's problem

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Thankfully the absolute worst Justice about that is a rotting corpse

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
I honestly can't decide if I want Mitch 'The Angry Turtle' McConnell to kill this and save Obamacare, or let them suffer the consequences of success.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
But guys, Senate rules!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
If Lindsay Graham thinks you're a bad person, you're a really lovely person. If Lindsey Graham is defending you, you're still a lovely person.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Nephzinho posted:

I look forward to the emailless 2020 campaign driven by inter office memos.

Sales of Big Chief tablets go up 1000000000%. Furnaces to burn it all make global warming worse.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

rep maloney from ny (d) met with the constituents of rep faso (r) because he refused to do any town halls

holy loving lol

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Like most professions, it's not a worker shortage, it's a pay shortage

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
we're all gonna die

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
James Comey killed Vince Foster

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
I'm priming my pump right now

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Who thought we'd make the Clancyverse look sane

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Crypto variant attacks are really hard to prevent so you focus on limiting the damage a single account can do and invest heavily in disaster recovery. Stories like this are the hammer I use to beat clients into compliance with best practices

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

psydude posted:

Yes and no. Pretty much all firewalls and IPSs can block it, and most endpoint solutions (Cisco AMP, Palo Alto TRAPS, etc.) can prevent it from encrypting the hard disk once it's actually on the machine. Plus, doing simple stuff like running an ad blocker can really cut down on it as well. The biggest vulnerabilities come from not properly securing poo poo like VPNs or BYOD networks, as the guy mentioned.

Comply to connect using a mixture of something like Bigfix and 802.1X is obviously becoming a big thing for those cases where some idiot takes his laptop out and about for a month and keeps clicking "restart later" on critical updates.

Yes just like any threat you can mitigate a great number of risks but nothing is absolute so your plan better include what to do when you're hit because you will be at some point.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
theyll probably champion it as the President cutting out all those intel weenie bureaucrats and telling it like it is!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Trump would be the best president ever if he could simultaneously ruin our relationship with Israel and Saudi Arabia

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
this_is_fine.png

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

:stare: Jesus, Comey and Ashcroft freaking stood their ground. I gotta say, I got a lot more respect for him now.

Gonzalez try to do a long run around Comey as acting attorney general to get a possible unconstitutional program pushed through, and Ashcroft on his hospital bed gave them the finger and then they thumbed their nose at Comey as acting attorney general. Then Card tries to drag him over the coals for refusing to certify the program and he stands his ground and tells Card that he won't talk to him without a witness from the DOJ, specifically the Solicitor General.

yeah Im listening to this poo poo now and holy loving lol. between Mueller telling his agents to not let Comey be removed from the room under any circumstances and Gonzalez/Card's bullshit, wow.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Like I said, he can't back down from a challenge no matter how small so every little dig eventually wastes precious executive branch time playing spin doctor

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
I wanna see Comey palm Trump's head

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
I'd guess he's like 1.2 Ivanka's

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
The more I read I don't understand how Comey made it this far with his seemingly absolute moral compass and zero regard for politics.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

Pentagon is saying they're going to de-conflict with Russia regarding Syria and work with them to fight ISIS which I guess means leaving Assad in power and lifting some sanctions.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/19/politics/pentagon-isis-update/index.html?sr=twCNN052017pentagon-isis-update1246AMVODtopPhoto&linkId=37816112

This was literally the only acceptable outcome all along

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Zeroisanumber posted:

Could be, but if we abandon the Kurds we really will be history's bastards.

We've got nearly a half century of extremely poor foreign policy choices under our belts. The Kurds are just going to be a footnote.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
You know when Alabama plays some poor D-II team as a warm-up and beats the dogpiss out of them? That's what we've been doing in the air for 25 years. And it's loving hilarious.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Oh, in a surprise to no one, Betty Shelby was found not guilt of shooting an unarmed black man

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Im glad we've pretty much codified into law that not being a threat to anyone is worthy of summary execution so long as it ensures you go home safe

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Normalizing relations with Iran would admit that we once again backed a pretty colossal rear end in a top hat and got what was coming to us wrt the Iranian Revolution and as we all know its un-American as gently caress to admit you are wrong. Also, the Axis of Evil speech re-burned our bridges with Iran, who until that time had kinda been helping us on the down low

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

THOSE WHORES JUST NEED TO KEEP THEIR KNEES TOGETHER

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
burn it all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

MA-Horus posted:

Macron and Trudeau know the power of the handshake. They have learned Donnie's weakness.

Trump likes shaking Trudeau's hand because it smells like Ivanka

• Locked thread