Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

maybe to you, but you dont actually know what it says, so either of us could be right. or it could be something entirely different

:iiam:

Please fill in the blank with something plausible, based on prior evidence of Bannon's goals.

"Build the border wall and eventually make Mexico a decorative lace doily" perhaps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Gobbeldygook posted:

Except for that guy. He got the MOH for dropping a grenade and then diving on it. Award him something for doing the right thing but I'd prefer we reserve the highest honor for people who aren't just fixing their own incredible gently caress-up. If I playfully shoved you, but you unexpectedly fell over onto the road, but I pulled you back just before a car ran you over, would you thank me for saving your life? You'd be happy I saved you but I was still the whole reason you almost died.

Holy poo poo, gently caress you.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I've sometimes wondered how many Medal of Honor nominations were downgraded because the nominating authority couldn't write for poo poo. My dad knew a Marine who was put up for it twice during Vietnam and says he probably would have gotten one of them had his commanders been able to write better. I can't remember the order of events, but one of them was for leaping out of a helicopter as his unit was being evacuated under heavy fire, distracting the enemy enough that the fire on the helicopters noticeably lessened and they were able to swoop back down to pick him up.* The second was when his unit was withdrawing from a rice paddy under heavy fire and he charged towards the enemy, firing his M16, and threw Charlie off balance enough that they were able to counterattack without getting their asses kicked.**

Both those nominations were downgraded to, I think, Silver Stars.

*This is the official version. What actually happened was he fell out of the helicopter, decided this was it for him and that he should die fighting, and started firing as he fell and after he hit the ground. Apparently nobody expected this to happen and it threw Charlie off balance enough that he survived the incident.

**This is the official version. What actually happened was that he fell face first and got turned around, eyes covered in mud. He realized that the sound of AK fire was *in front* of him, as opposed to behind him like it was supposed to be, and decided this was it for him and that he should die fighting, so he flipped his M16 to full auto and charged towards the sound of AK fire. Apparently nobody expected this to happen and it threw Charlie off balance enough that he survived the incident.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I had food poisoning once and I went to the ER. They gave me one of those poop hats. What they received in it was a blood sample.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

FrozenVent posted:

We push you to success.

He's throwing a tantrum and won't leave the plane because...

Maybe he finally figured out that the Senate has to pass the healthcare bill too.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I just heard on the news that Comey has been fired.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
What's up with Trump's signature? There's not even a T in there.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSPNQ82Sq4E&t=3s

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

cowboy elvis posted:

Kathy Berman, Chris Berman's wife, died yesterday in a car accident. Today is his birthday.

Fuuuuuuuck

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

The article says it was Boeing's gently caress-up, not the Air Force.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Don't let any of this distract you from the the fact that in 1966, Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, "Spare Tire" Dixon.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Capn Beeb posted:

Non-profit, surprisingly. Which is interesting considering Liberty is constantly buying up property in Lynchburg and always building new stuff. You come into town and it's cranes all over the place putting together dorms and apartments and poo poo for the school. Not for other people of course, school use only.

This is also the same school that has brownshirts wandering town looking for rule violators. I had one stomp up to me in a parking lot and demand my papers so he could give me demerits for swearing in public.

Because everyone in Lynchburg is a Liberty student, you see. :downs:

Is there anything in Lynchburg worth visiting? 'Cause goddamn, I think it might almost be worth a drive out there to troll those fucks.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

psydude posted:

No. It's in the corner of Virginia where there's literally nothing of use.

I'm not sure if it's worth driving three hours to hang around town on the off chance I get to gently caress with a Liberty University brownshirt. I'm not that bored.

Yet.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Wasabi the J posted:

I posted this on Facebook and immediately got a rant.

Thanks guy who already forgot my deployments to the middle East and Africa. Like the lack of perspective is kinda funny to me; is he saying it's my right to punch him because I feel like HE'S a jackass?

I think so. Go ahead and punch him right in the back of the face.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

facialimpediment posted:

On that day, Donnie will be in Rome, likely unable to respond.

"I'm sorry, Mr. President. There isn't any internet in Rome. No sir, none at all."

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Casimir Radon posted:

Remember a few days back when he insisted that he goes on vacation every year and anyone who read into it further was an idiot?

The Nile ain't just a psychological rejection of reality.

... Wait, I hosed that up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

facialimpediment posted:

I'm not sure I buy this one.

https://twitter.com/USATODAY/status/869656402519760896

Military is saying their missile defense system finally intercepted a mock-ICBM in testing.

It had to happen eventually.

• Locked thread