Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psydude
Apr 1, 2008

The guy who helped ram through the abortion of a healthcare bill, known as the AHCA, stepped down as the chairman of the republican moderate caucus (The Tuesday Group) because his feefees were hurt after all of the criticism he received.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

TBeats posted:

Surprised they aren't renamed Trump 306-232

Is that his blood pressure?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Joe Aprio or whatever his name is.

Edit:
Monthly WaPo is terrible post:

https://twitter.com/libbycwatson/status/867372535398227968

It was an editorial piece.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Reduces the deficit by $119bn whole leaving 23 million people uninsured.

That's chump change.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

They'll just take that and start new companies to give those 23 million people healthcare. Unless they have a pre-existing condition, that is.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Montana has a special election tomorrow, and Georgia has one in two weeks.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Two Finger posted:

In a sane world maybe

You'll pry that party membership card from the cold dead hands of a lot of older people, but the under 40 crowd voted against Trump and the GoP en masse in 2016. That's problematic for long term retention as their base dies out.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

davecrazy posted:

It'll help with the GOP base.

Normally I'd say yes, because I'm on the East Coast where truck nuts and rich rednecks who invented their own sense of persecution live for this poo poo dominate the conservative voting block, but Montanans (even the ultra conservative ones) are some of the more even-keeled folk that I've met.

Re: Hiking chat:

Bear Peak in Boulder is a pretty awesome hike for being 5 minutes from downtown. It's an rear end-kicker if you aren't fully acclimated to the altitude though.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

From a few pages back when were were talking about World in Conflict:

Check out Steel Division: Normandy 44. Just came out yesterday and it's done in a very similar style in WiC, albeit WWII instead of the Cold War.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I love Steel Division, but it doesn't really play at all like World in Conflict. (Still recommend it though)

Yeah I agree. WiC felt almost like a FPS, or rather a very literal interpretation of real time strategy. This is the closest thing I've been able to find :(

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

It's their front page headline, too:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/24/greg-gianforte-fox-news-team-witnesses-gop-house-candidate-body-slam-reporter.html

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

quote:

The ad is paid for by the Republican National Committee (RNC). Automatic robocalls are illegal in Montana, but the RNC uses a live caller who requests consent to play the calls to comply with state law.

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/334934-trump-records-robocall-in-montana-race

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

shyduck posted:

Remember when Howard Dean made that weird shout and it sunk his campaign

Turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to the Democratic party, because he went on to win them the entirety of congress and the white house over the following 4 years.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Only part of Wisconsin I've been in is Ft. McCoy and it is indeed in the middle of nowhere.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Georgia is going to be the really interesting one.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Missouri in general is kind of a bummer. Especially the stretch of I44 from St. Louis down to Springfield.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Accretionist posted:

Also his handling of finance, mass deportations, drone war, state surveillance and some other poo poo I'm forgetting.

Edit: Whistleblowers. They prosecuted the poo poo out of whistleblowers. Shutting down his grassroots networks right after winning.

The DREAM act was extremely the opposite of a conservative policy, as was creating the CFPB.

Using technology to kill enemies from thousands of miles away instead of sending in ARE TROOPS is fairly "liberal" in terms of foreign policy.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Ayn Marx posted:

You know, as a filthy optimistic euro still on high after my own country not voting in a fascist Russian stooge after all... I got to wonder. In 10-15 years from now, when sanity has returned and you guys have restored your collective dignity the hard way with public hearings and public hangings... will these loving maga caps be regarded the same way as the klan hoods?

They'll probably be viewed in the same category as wearing blackface WRT being racist as poo poo.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

if Obama was a great President his annointed successor wouldn't have lost a humiliating election to one Donald J. Trump.

His successor won the popularity contest by a pretty wide margin.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Yet you can't win an election off California and New York. SAD!

This is true. But my point still stands.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

timma85 posted:

Kreuzberg has some excellent beer. Made that trip multiple times and I still use one of the growlers I have from there. Only downside is that beer caused the worst hangovers for some reason.

I'm partial to Kloster Andechs. If you aren't a bitch, you do the 5k hike from the train station up to the monastery.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I thought Turkey exercised one of the provisions in it to request air defenses after Assad started firing missiles across the border.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

You know what can gently caress off? Radlers.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

It's still healthier than soda and is a nice change up from normal water, so I mean.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

He'll probably flip flop back after he faces a poo poo ton of criticism from businesses.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Torrannor posted:

My parents love Cuba and spent their last holiday in Havana. They said they wanted to enjoy it one last time before it's overrun with American tourists. Perhaps I can get them a few weeks of Cuba vacation for their 60th birthday in a few years years if Trump continues to be dumb?

Just trying to stay positive.

Yes, because British tourists are so popular everywhere else.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

FastestGunAlive posted:

i'll never understand all the hate americans have for france, just because they didn't want to join in on oif. drat, their contribution to our revolution was huge. short term memory i guess. tangentially, france tried real hard to continue to grow the franco-american relationship after independence and become our prime ally but it didn't work out. couldn't overcome that strong cultural and economic bond we already had with england.

I most of it tapered off after people realized how loving dumb of an idea the Iraq war was.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Reverand maynard posted:

Yeah post ww2 France started poo poo in North Africa and indochina as well as having a failed coup

Nobody driving around with a Bush/Cheney '04 sticker plastered on the back of their Chevy Suburban guzzling down Freedom Fries knew this.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

White House communications director resigned.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.9c54bb4305d2

The Purge and Exodus has begun.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Steezo posted:

Do you think it'll be a flood, death of the firstborn, pillars of fire and salt, or wormwood?

Death by global warming. That's his way of solving it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Booze Allen gave us Snowden, the guy who allegedly leaked the toolkit to the Shadow Brokers, and now this.

That's what happens when you claim you're a consulting firm, but are largely just worried about filling billets with bodies.

• Locked thread