Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

I'm the sudden influx of foreign ips accessing this dead gay fourm

I very much wish one day I could buy a beer for the foreign agents responsible for monitoring this form for sensitive information. Is this a resume builder for you guys? Do you walk into your performance review and be like my dead gay forum didn't leak any SSBN movements this quarter pls increase my bonus. Do you get to say I identified X go mine his facebook and poo poo, please give me a good quarterly.

e: if a women significantly better looking than your average starts to be interested in you watch out ;-*

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 12:44 on May 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
1 Dead, 2 wounded US Service Members in Mogadishu

The statement says U.S. forces were conducting an advise-and-assist mission with Somalia’s military

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

Opiates are a pretty serious problem.

Let's stop fighting them!!!

The war on drugs is a yuge success, the biggliest. Winningest even, tremendous. Wow.

As someone in the addiction treatment I dusty I'm excited by this news. $$$$.

However I am dismayed at gutting of Obamacare despite the fact mental health is governed by a different piece of legislation so...

I'm conflicted? Professionaly....

Personally I'm disgusted

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
In current events news, I am friends with a few current and reitured NFL players and I played golf at a charity thing recently and hit a solid 230-ish on 18 holes.

Go Me!

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
They really like wrestling and MMA out there too

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Jakarta governor jailed for blashpmeing Koran.

ISIL releases video showing beheading of alleged Russian agent

S.Korea's Moon Jae-in a progressive candidate leades in polls

US life expectancy varies by 20 years from county to county. (Cool info graph but I'm posting from bullshit meetings so :effort: )

Over 7000 bodies thought to be buried under Mississippi University - the former site of the state's first mental institution

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
You all have google and sometimes I just wanna inject some discussion in to stop the Trump circle jerk and drive some new discussion. I do apologize for not linking anything but I'm bored in a meeting.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Fox is reporting that Aetna will leave the healthcare exchange....buisness is pushing real hard

quote:

Health insurance company Aetna (AET) will completely exit the ObamaCare exchanges in 2018.

The company announced late Wednesday it will not offer insurance plans in Delaware or Nebraska, the remaining two states where it was slated to provide coverage under the Affordable Care Act next year.

“We will not offer on- or off-exchange individual plans in Delaware or Nebraska for 2018, and at this time have completely exited the exchanges,” Aetna said in a statement to FOX Business.

In April Aetna said it would not participate on the state exchanges in Virginia next year and last week committed to pulling out of Iowa. In 2016 the insurer sold plans across fifteen states. It trimmed that position to just four states at the outset of 2017, citing financial losses.

“Our individual Commercial products lost nearly $700 million between 2014 and 2016, and are projected to lose more than $200 million in 2017 despite a significant reduction in membership. Those losses are the result of marketplace structural issues that have led to co-op failures and carrier exits, and subsequent risk pool deterioration,” the company said Wednesday.

Last week the House of Representatives passed a health care bill to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act. House Speaker Paul Ryan told Fox News Tuesday he is hopeful the bill will pass the Senate within a “month or two.”

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2017/05/10/aetna-to-completely-pull-out-obamacare-exchanges-by-2018.html

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
]

The level of naivety in this Administration is incredibly disturbing. I don't even think Trump knowingly worked with Russia he's just like the easiest Mark a Case officer could ever have this is a man who is manipulated by cable television in Fox & Friends in the morning how easy do you think it would be for career soviet intelligence officer to push his buttons? Seriously, a 70 year old narcissistic megalomaniac who was motivated primarily by ego and secondary by money it's like textbook poo poo.

I wanna see those RNC emails

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Man I'm sure glad that I'm traveling to Europe next week and not next year like we originally planned. With all this s*** going on in the world I really don't see the security situation and Europe improving any time in the next two years at the least

And american international standing will only continue to fall

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

I didn't think acquisition get any more loving retarded

But here we are

I want to see the RFP demanding steam specs lol

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

shyduck posted:

We're going to have a coal-powered navy

He's really hitting those campaign promises man

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Man, it's hilarious how bad they hosed up this whole thing. It's literally the whole administration pointing I'M LYING signs at themselves and their story keeps changing, and falling apart, by the hour, as Donnie gets two scoops of ice cream on his dessert when everyone else gets one.

I don't know if there's anyone left in government to crucify him now for this though. I don't expect any Republicans to start that process or even be on board I've been as are spineless toothless former Shadows of themselves so he was going to step up?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

not caring here posted:

I assume that every cell phone has been cloned, every wireless packet has been sniffed and probably a few listening devices are now in the oval office?

Reminds me of when the soviets gifted a Seal of the United States to the Moscow ambassador and it sat in his office for like a decade lmao

Cold War 2: Special Olympics Edition

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

That look when you in fact NOT about that life

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Can they not task a staffer or intern with getting this manmatching shoes? Are even the most basic of office functions Beyond this Administration

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Here's explanation four to the Comey firing: I was gonna do it no matter what

https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/862713274676072448

Allah akbar

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I wish Tom Clancy were alive he'd be writing some weird poo poo man

Who knew real life would be farther out there than his novels god drat

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

I want to see the entire Republican party slapped with a RICO charge

I reminded of the words the warrior poet Jay-Z spoke :

quote:

One day you're cruising in your 7, next day you're sweating, forgetting your lies
Alibis ain't matching up, bullshit catching up
Hit with the RICO, they repo your vehicle
Everything was all good just a week ago
'Bout to start bitching ain't you? Ready to start snitching ain't you?
I'll forgive your weak rear end; hustling just ain't you

Could be so easily rewritten for politics. Those lies aren't matching up

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Someone talk about this. Does this matter? Whose the GOP rep

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

How can a third of your country have 0 opinion on something like that?

you greatly overestimate how much your average citizen cares about politics. Most people don't know and don't care and have no idea what the implications are and just have a general oh thats not good feeling about Russia/Trump.

TBeats posted:

Because Trump was firing Comey, not Kardashian.

This is exactly right. My girlfriend was vehemently against Trump, passionately for Bernie and would show me facebook articles and share things and talk about stuff all the time. She didn't vote in primaries or the Presidential. Her friends are all upper-middle class/very well off women with a mix of married or independent career focused women. None of them voted. Not a single one. I'm extremely gun shy about discussing politics with anyone but occasionally we'll all do brunch or see each other out and about and I'll ask a very simple oh did you see X, or hear about Y and the answer is almost inevitably no from everyone.

Obviously anecdotal stories, small sample size, etc etc and you'd be totally right to tell me to blow it out my rear end, but man it never ceases to amaze me all these people just legitimately don't care, don't know why/if they should and are entirely unconcerned. But god drat you better believe they know what Kim wore in Paris last weekend playboy.

I had to explain why Trump firing Comey mattered for god sake.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

pussy game is ridiculous tho

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

FAKE NEWS

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Tom Price has solved the Opioid crises: He prescribes God

https://tonic.vice.com/en_us/article/medical-doctor-tom-price-recommends-god-as-the-solution-to-the-opioid-crisis

:doh: Hopefully, you'll have time to find him in jail since Sessions wants maximum sentencing again.

Man I work in addiction treatment and there are so many facilities that are Christian and all about jesus. I have the SE US and midwest so I see alot of it....the good one have real MDs that will treat you medically.

The bad one have MDs with micky mouse degrees that prescribe alot of jesus and maybe a lil suboxone or something. It's loving stupid and they just run people in and out with jesus like loving mills and bill the insurance companies outrageous prices. It's so loving dirty and I used to be in copier sales that poo poo makes ME feel grimy.

It's like running for profit prisons and poo poo I don't know I just find that kind of stuff revolting you're literally profiting off people's mental health issues and substance abuse issues*

I also just don't understand the oh throw the book at em type of drug sentence. It's like none of those people have ever talked to an addict. It's a loving disease man locking em up ain't solving the problem and the draconian measures aren't a deterent. No one
stopped shooting heroin cause they were facing a dime sentence or something.

* I'm only here cause the paycheck is really good, I'm not a saint or into helping people tbh but I sympathize for people with such issues.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
i wish 50FA/Humpermonkey was still around. I want a hot take

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
The NATO article is incredibly worrying in light of these events.

quote:

NATO is scrambling to tailor its upcoming meeting to avoid taxing President Donald Trump’s notoriously short attention span. The alliance is telling heads of state to limit talks to two to four minutes at a time during the discussion, several sources inside NATO and former senior U.S. officials tell Foreign Policy. And the alliance scrapped plans to publish the traditional full post-meeting statement meant to crystallize NATO’s latest strategic stance

Literally our foreign leader is too loving dumb to allow NATO to push out a new roadmap...in light of Russian aggression and their renewed efforts to establish and expand (god forgive me for the term) their "sphere of influence".

quote:

“It’s kind of ridiculous how they are preparing to deal with Trump,” said one source briefed extensively on the meeting’s preparations. “It’s like they’re preparing to deal with a child — someone with a short attention span and mood who has no knowledge of NATO, no interest in in-depth policy issues, nothing,” said the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity. “They’re freaking out.”

President of the United States guys, President of the United loving States. the world is calling our leader a retarded child.

quote:

Another change: NATO traditionally publishes a formal readout, known as a declaration, after each major meeting or summit. While they’re often lathered in diplomatic drivel, declarations signal new strategies and key policy shifts that come out of closed-door meetings, giving direction to allies and the NATO bureaucracy — and showcasing alliance unity toward rivals like Russia, a former senior NATO official told FP.

This year, NATO has scrapped plans to publish a full formal meeting declaration. One NATO official said that’s because it’s not a full summit, like past major NATO gatherings in Warsaw in 2016 or Wales in 2014. “It’s not necessary to have another full declaration, as it’s not a full summit,” the official said. “This meeting is just much more focused.”

But behind closed doors, other officials are giving a different reason. NATO isn’t publishing a full declaration “because they’re worried Trump won’t like it,” another source said.

mmmm i love our rudderless foreign policy....what has trump actually done?

quote:

Experts say a declaration could be invaluable to European allies still struggling to get a read on Trump’s stance on Europe. Four months into office, Trump hasn’t clarified U.S. policy toward Europe — he cheered Brexit and appeared to endorse anti-Europe candidate Marine Le Pen in the recent French elections — let alone toward NATO.

Trump rattled NATO allies during the campaign by slamming the alliance as “obsolete” and openly praising Russian President Vladimir Putin. Since he became president, top administration officials, including Secretary of Defense James Mattis and Vice President Mike Pence, traveled to Brussels to soothe Europeans’ nerves and reiterate customary U.S. commitments to the 68-year-old alliance. Meanwhile, Trump declared in April during a meeting with NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg that the alliance is “no longer obsolete.”

But the president’s erratic policy shifts and surprise Twitter storms on other international issues have NATO jittery, a former senior NATO official told FP. (Trump offered a taste of this during his awkward meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel in March, where he refused to shake her hand; German officials also said he handed her a fake “bill” for overdue NATO payments, though the White House swiftly denied those claims.)

He's also left um like alllll the executive appointees to umm...everything unfilled.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/05/15/nato-frantically-tries-to-trump-proof-presidents-first-visit-alliance-europe-brussels/

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Im torn between nihilism and genuine concern. I want him to spark off a bullshit internal witch hunt in the IC that forces them to get out their knives, but holy poo poo security apparati turning against civilian leadership is a real loving slippery slope man

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I wonder if Trump is aware enough to be insulted by that and understand what a disrespectful gently caress you that it

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Chaffetz may have hosed up a twitter direct/private message and published his invite to the FBI Director to testify on Wednesday.

https://twitter.com/jasoninthehouse/status/864906939582500864

On that day, Donnie will be in Rome, likely unable to respond.

motherfucker are you for real? im supposed to be in rome than i dont wanan deal with that

time to go find a maple leaf or something

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Zeris posted:

lol you idiots think anything matters

I concur y'all get woodys at a strip club that won't finish the job

E: my favorite thought exercise is to imagine what the GOP would have done to ANY of this poo poo of Obama or hilldawg were in office

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Didn't someone report yesterday that US aircraft bombed Syrian forces? Wtf happened to that

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

He didn't wanna run Tho

I woulda voted for pres Biden and VP Obama. That's possible Yea?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Pesticide20 posted:

They waited this long?

If he had competent representation that he listened to it never would have even developed like this

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Alllllllaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh akbaaaarrr

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
So, confirmation on the remains of a suicide bomber? Anyone claiming credit?

Second device was fake so lone actor is a possibility?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Democracy was a cool experiment guys

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

other side of the us

Is that one of the states you can legally drink and drive in

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Kansas has the Chiefs and BBQ but that is all.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Can we go with the term brown scare. Or white scare? Red Scare was nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Sergg posted:

I guess since Trump is in full-blown senile dementia he's going to have a rough time winning reelection, so there's that.

He's gonna get at least 35% no matter what.

Like the things people are concerned about irt the Trump administration just do not exist to some people. They literally don't know what's going on or they see one headline at the bottom of the page about it and don't click on it. Like watch fox news for an hour with a beer, they just don't report or discuss poo poo. Like the whole timeline/justification for the reason of Comeys firing is a pretty big deal.....the right crucified the left on the benghazi timeline and all that bullshit but now their guy is switching stories and it's literally not reported. Half the poo poo CNN, Time and WaPo break don't even make it to the loving ticker on Fox news. 35% of the country loves divorced from reality in an echo chamber of their own making. As do some on the left but still. Every other bombshell story of the year gets mentioned for two mins or they just don't report it. I forget what it was but there a Twitter shot floating around with CNN and NBC breaking something important and Fox was doing weather. They don't break news they convey and stay on a message.

Further with Facebook and Google news choosing what to show you and the manipulation of data/search engines in the last election people are going to see poo poo that they want to see or that affirms their world view.

My uncle at nintendo who works on the hill mentioned that the Russians may have engaged in data manipulation at the DISTRICT level in some states. Those two or three that usually swing blue uh.... Wisconsin or Michigan or wherever Hilldawg didn't campaign. Like datamined Facebook and if you were a black Democrat female over 45 you're little news sites and Facebook would pop a bunch of poo poo about Hilary stealing money. That sort of granular data manipulation is scary...and incredibly smart.

E: and loving cheap. A half a percent of what we spend on an aircraft carrier would fund an entire cyber command or something. For the amount of influence Russia has had on the world in the last year, they are getting an excellent return on the Rubbel

Further the vice chair on Senate Intel (can't recall name currently) mentioned he asked a few heads of intelligence/security apparatuses what the US plan was to ensure this wasn't going to happen again in '18 and 20 and who was spearheading it and they all just kinda stood around and went uhhh we don't know and uh not me because it's an entirely new form of "low intensity" conflict that doesn't fit into a nice box someone can own. Is it a military issue? DoD? FBI? Homeland sec? I mean there's def an international component so....yup.

I'm drunk in an airport in Germany on Kolsch about to hop on a 10 hour flight forgive the ramble and God Bless America, Hang All Nobles.

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 10:47 on May 28, 2017

• Locked thread