Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

:firstpost:

I've never gotten to use that.

May looking good what with Donnie getting his budgetary wankfest poo poo on, and facing up to the reality that is sitting at the big boys table. We are so hosed but it's still gonna be a hell of a ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Deathy McDeath posted:

RE: budget stuff

Congress is....good????

A controversial opinion imo.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

There's a lovely gbs catchphrase that pretty well sums up what's going on with the whole clusterfuck that is the Trump white house.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/30/polit...linkId=37045736

another Republican house member is retiring. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, who i never heard of before but she seemed like an ok person. Her son is trans and she did a PSA with him for the NC bathroom bill. Also she was the first hispanic woman in congress. And she just won her reelection a few months ago.

Hillary carried her district by 20 points.

Probably realized that the republican party was going to poo poo on her terribly if she voted the way the district wanted her to. Her district swung overwhelmingly​ Dem in the presidential election, so she was caught between party politics and representing her district.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Whos going for chaffitz' seat anyways?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Conservatives will hiss and boo it because HIV is Gods punishment to the gays and the druggies.

I think it is extremely cool though, and it would be amazing if we could eradicate HIV and AIDS entirely through gene therapy.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Proud Christian Mom posted:

at the same time theyll want to use this to cure the 'gay gene'

nah I heard electroshock therapy was coming back around.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

bird food bathtub posted:

Nah, that's so last decade. Electroshock therapy can cause measurable, physical harm to people and that gets all messy with lawsuits and stuff. The current hotness for fixing 'the gay' is psychological torture rebranded as Gay Conversion Therapy. Fortunately our vice president is such a vocal and outspoken opponent of that kind of thing that there's nothing to worry about.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/gay-conversion-therapy-advocates-heartened-pence-republican-electoral/story?id=45940488

Isn't that those terrible prison camps in the south that can Jesus the gay out of your kid?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

facialimpediment posted:

There's something I've never understood about Donnie. It seems like everyone around him takes on his characteristics for lying and boasting and all that poo poo, yet nobody ever tells him to go gently caress himself. Even his rich-as-gently caress cabinet members are sounding like him and I just don't understand why.

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/859156595816714240

Like seriously, what makes you, a dude worth a legit $2.5B, suddenly take on the Trumpian characteristic of referring to the Syrian strike as after-dinner entertainment in front of a group of people, and you're the loving Commerce Secretary?

What about Donnie brainwashes the people close to him?

Edit: ok this made me laugh like hell https://twitter.com/CillizzaCNN/status/859159000696455169

Because in the Trump administration you can be a vile person and just point at the man on top and say, "well I'm just fitting in".

Odds are the dude is actually that hosed up (rich chickenhawks usually are) but in the Trump white house he won't have anyone call him on that poo poo.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Odradek posted:

I participated in an awesome seminar today - this Canadian guy had been radicalized in his late teens and went over to Syria to support ISIS. He was a supporter, not a combatant. After being there for a while he realized it was BS and he returned to Canada and offered to help their Intel services. He provided some excellent insights into what drives people to support ISIS and how they can be de-radicalized. He was very animated and funny and did a great 1 1/2 hour presentation. Since it was a VTC (I'm working in Charlottesville VA and the talk was at DIA HQ in DC) it was amusing to see the reaction shots of the crowd during the presentation - lots of scowls. "This dude was an ISIS scumbag...why is he here?" Overall, good insights into a dangerous ideology and some tips on how to fight it. I like my job. I'm not a CT guy (most of my experience in in counterproliferation/nuclear stuff) but this session got me smart on some interesting stuff.

Oh yeah, for the guy who asked me for more information on the NK nuclear issue, I served 3 years as the Chief of the WMD Intelligence Cell in USFK, so I'm pretty dialed in to all things NK nuclear. They got em, just need to get good at getting them to us.

I saw the internal memo going around offering that seminar but lmao if I was going to attend on my day off. I don't don't get paid enough to show up on my off time no matter whether I'm curious or not.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

Nah, because they always go nuts, steal your wizard cap, and make an army of brooms.

Brooms were already there bud he just gave them heart, hooah?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The Iron Rose posted:

Good God my man. The idea is to not so subtly hint that you're doing Important Classified Work. "Oh, I'm an analyst specializing in nuclear counterproliferation" or "I research WMD Deterrence for the DoE." You don't just outright state it, where's the fun in that!?

Someone doesn't know that there's a huge amount of foreign IPs watching GiP and the CE thread in particular for next level barbecue techniques.

For the record I have no interest or knowledge of spook poo poo leave me alone nsa wizard

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

is this like how every german soldier was just a truck driver after ww2? how many kafir heads did he support off their necks?

Thats a fair point, the dude could have been a straight up extreme barber and he could say whatever and as long as noone from his past life calls him on his poo poo we're really none the wiser.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I waited on hold for like 1.5 hours for someone in Makalapa for something, cant remember what but that hold music is burned into my mind forever now.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Missionary Positron posted:

I think the fuzes can only be armed by actually firing them, so the only real danger would've probably been something closer to this:

It was a definite "Oh poo poo"-moment, though.

You wanna be the guy that drops the mortar in the tube the wrong way though?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Gobbeldygook posted:

That used to really work, although they've been private proofed since. MOH citation for Beauford T. Anderson:

quote:

He displayed conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity above and beyond the call of duty. When a powerfully conducted predawn Japanese counterattack struck his unit's flank, he ordered his men to take cover in an old tomb, and then, armed only with a carbine, faced the onslaught alone. After emptying 1 magazine at pointblank range into the screaming attackers, he seized an enemy mortar dud and threw it back among the charging Japs, killing several as it burst. Securing a box of mortar shells, he extracted the safety pins, banged the bases upon a rock to arm them and proceeded alternately to hurl shells and fire his piece among the fanatical foe, finally forcing them to withdraw. Despite the protests of his comrades, and bleeding profusely from a severe shrapnel wound, he made his way to his company commander to report the action. T/Sgt. Anderson's intrepid conduct in the face of overwhelming odds accounted for 25 enemy killed and several machineguns and knee mortars destroyed, thus single-handedly removing a serious threat to the company's flank.

Like, how in the gently caress do you fit through doorways with balls that big? I mean yeah there's persevering in the face of intense enemy opposition, and then there's loving banging mortars on rocks to arm them and hurling into the face of a charging enemy force. Like, what the gently caress do you do after you have become the literal paragon of badassedness?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Zeris posted:

Can someone translate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPMDCJrRpT8

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm sure you've seen about Macron's hacked email and the multitude of obvious fake poo poo that's in there. It's been confirmed, at least in my eyes, that it was russian doing again.

https://twitter.com/henkvaness/stat...genumber%3D6459

The logical twisting in that reply chain is really good

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The goddamn alt right fucksticks in that twitter thread

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ok now they're talking, lovely music stopped playing

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Man this shits gonna be like what happened with Watergate except trump is too stupid to resign.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

I think i like this clapper dude

:same:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Oh poo poo fires getting lit

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Slim Pickens posted:

"I can't answer that because it would cover classified information"

Ah poo poo this is gonna be the answer of the day, isn't it :(

I'm pretty sure they have a follow on brief that is classified, that covers the "I can't answer that" questions.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

not caring here posted:

Makes me wonder that after all this dancing around classified poo poo in open hearings that they just let loose in closed hearings

"THAT MOTHER FUCKER RIGHT THERE, HE GUILTY AS FUUUUUUUUUCK"

Classified briefs can be blunt as gently caress

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

SwampDonkey posted:

put some pants on, fool.

gently caress you dad

Seriously though I'm watching this on the couch in my boxers because it's hot rn.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

drat unclassified hearings are such a cock tease

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Genocide Tendency posted:

"Soviet.. Excuse me Russian.. Freudian slip.."

:lol:

Lmao

No poo poo though it's always been same poo poo with a new face

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

M_Gargantua posted:

:ussr:

That was beautiful.

Although from the line of this questioning it seems like Clapper can't say more about the investigation timeline that Comey has already publicly revealed.

Pretty much, I'll bet the classified follow on is great though.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

Cornyn shuuuuuuuut up

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

But her emails

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

heh yah sally tell cruz he's a dumb rear end thanks

Nazi puncher dude needs to go ham on the zodiac killers face

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LMAO loving Cruz talking about partisanship

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ted Cruz had no goal beyond going bbbbut her emails

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Lmao were going to have a red scare

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Meanwhile it's high fives all around in the Kremlin as US politicians tear each other apart over involvement with the Russian influence in the election

E: Lmao loving Republican senators trying to say that the Constitution should be literally interpreted no matter what

orange juche fucked around with this message at 21:38 on May 8, 2017

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Jesus gently caress shut up

gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress you God drat retard shut up

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Lmao have you ever leaked information

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Lmao someone hook him away from the mic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Jesus gently caress this hearing

• Locked thread