Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It amazes me that despite the insane loving madness that this timeline has brought me, I am still able to be surprised to the point where I yell HE DID loving WHAT out loud on a regular basis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

FastestGunAlive posted:

lol if you think a story about spillage by the Washington post, backed up by the nyt, will result in anything other than "well, her emails"

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/864248142841004033

fox can't spin it

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Reverand maynard posted:

how does washington post know trump leaked to the russians?

since we live in the worst timeline, Trump could have seriously gotten out of that meeting and exclaimed "do you believe they weren't impressed until I told them [blah]?!" to a room full of :catstare: staffers.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
That's not really batshit insane territory. I'm just going with my version of events because yes, he IS that stupid. At this point who knows what the Russians are capable of w/r/t blackmail.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I served with McMaster and he signed a copy of his book for me back then. I'm unsure of my current opinion; he's either falling on his sword for the country or he's infected like everyone else.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Deathy McDeath posted:

This is really loving dumb. All of the "plagiarized" sections are footnoted and attributed, but Clarke apparently didn't put quotes around the statements. Really, we should be mad at NPS for letting that slip.

It's not dumb if you wholesale rip off large chunks. If you put things in quotes properly, anybody reviewing it would be like "lmao no" and he wouldn't have passed. He didn't have enough original content and he skirted by hoping nobody would notice, he didn't just forget a formality of writing papers.

not caring here posted:

So what happens when you get found that you've hosed up your master's thesis or PhD thesis like that, do they revoke it?

They can!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

It's like finding out aunt Ethel and Uncle Julius sold atomic secrets to the soviets all over again.

:(

I'll be right there with you if McMaster keeps acting like this.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I hope that in 10 years time they finally reveal that it was Jimmy the Diet Coke retriever that turned States first. Jimmy is why all these goombas asking for immunity are getting laughed at. Because Jimmy was the first.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I really kinda want to work for the CBO. It's exactly the kind of work I do (researching topics and making lots of charts and graphs and reports that nobody reads) but this administration I would get the opportunity to dunk on republicans all day.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
my mom texted me "gently caress PAUL RYAN"

she's voted straight red since nixon (except for obama in 08/12 :ssh:)

there's your hot take from the establishment

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i'm not allowed to have a mixed opinion on things

it's either the best thing to ever happen or the worst thing since hitler

/millennial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

they're dug into DoD and the IC like ticks. And, despite all this hosed up poo poo that you see in the news and how trash their middle management is, they have really shrewd partners and really, really good technology people. Who do you think writes all the wonderful toys that get leaked from IC entities once or twice a year? It ain't some GS sitting in Annapolis Junction.

pretty much

we have a huge chunk of work, which means lots of dudes, which means mistakes happen

we don't lose a cent of work because like the us military, as terrible as things may be, virtually everyone else is somehow worse

edit: also don't forget that the government is the one that gives clearances

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 20:32 on May 31, 2017

• Locked thread