Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

uh thanks for proving my point? its cut off after it says mexico

mmga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

http://stories.cnas.org/the-return-of-marco-polos-world-and-the-u-s-military-response

long article by kaplan about the emerging world order and its historical links. he's a pretty good writer so it shouldn't be especially taxing for anyone.

sorry its not a trump tweet or a joke about dead kids in england.

vains
May 26, 2004

Dead Reckoning posted:

No, there is distinction between deliberate acts of terrorism and episodes of untreated mental illness. While it is possible that the Manchester bomber had some sort of mental illness, premeditated acts of religious violence have been committed by plenty of sane people in the past.

i dont think the police are going to find a couple thousand page hand written manifesto about government mind control techniques and a collection of tin foil hats in that guy's house. just a hunch.

edit: just to be clear, i mean the manchester bomber.

vains fucked around with this message at 17:48 on May 27, 2017

vains
May 26, 2004

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

Exactly, the only time NATO ever got used was after a false flag anyway

9/11 was a false flag?

vains
May 26, 2004

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah, Americans knock France all the time for being "cheese eating surrender monkey's" but are surprised when they learn how big their arms industry really is and how in your face they can be about "Hey, we're in a state of emergency. So the Gendarmerie and some Para's are gonna be hanging out in town for bit"

i dont really see the correlation between the civilian populace being okay with paramilitary/military forces providing security in a civilian setting and dropping bombs for more than 3 consecutive days anywhere outside of continental europe.

vains
May 26, 2004

quote:

When she first decided to enlist, Starnes intended to go to the Air Force or the Navy — “like my pawpaw,” as she put it. First, though, she would need to pass the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, better known as the ASVAB, which is required of all enlistees.

“I couldn’t pass it to save my life,” Starnes admitted. The Navy recruiter didn’t seem especially interested in helping her improve, she added, but then she met an Army recruiter who made a real effort to help her, walking her through practice tests until he was confident that she could pass. The military has a “three strikes” policy when it comes to the ASVAB, so the final attempt could have meant delaying her military career for months if she didn’t pass. Fortunately, she scored a 31. “I just barely made it.”

http://taskandpurpose.com/true-story-army-made-first-female-infantrymen/

i thought this was a really earnest duffleblog article when i read these 2 paragraphs.

the rest of the article is all the same bullshit that's been written about it elsewhere. other than her interview, i dont think they had any new sources.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

Zeris posted:

*waits for everyone to finish posting their ASVAB score*

im sorry. i hadnt considered that nerds would jump at the opportunity to report their standardized test scores.

• Locked thread