Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Don't have headphones, is it tetris or Red October?

Tetris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/865222709768335360

Oh yeah, that's the stuff.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

cowboy elvis posted:

Can someone post the cool World In Conflict game trailer that had Shadow On The Sun as the music?

I got you fam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srb4_7F3lAc

Loved that game.

EFB, again.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

https://twitter.com/mike_giglio/status/865241594550726658

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Reverand maynard posted:

donald trump just brought piss to a poo poo fight

Not an empty quote.

That politico article made the hairs on my neck standup, and I was fully aware of Mueller's legacy before yesterday. poo poo is on.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

psydude posted:

The multiplayer owned so hard. And the single player was narrated by Alec loving Baldwin. I haven't found a game like it since.

The Wargame series came close but it wasn't as casual.

In other news...

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/865328981855404033

:f5:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

He's loving with everyone
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/865329077124825088

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Already have seen numerous "Clinton was the best candidate ever, guys. gently caress this white bro!" idiots dogpiling him.

https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/status/865401729809907714

Pretty sure that dude should stick to film reviews. I watched the Anita Hill hearings after that HBO movie came out and I sure as poo poo didn't walk away with the impression Biden was bullying Hill. Christ.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Possibly is thinking of Arlen Specter or he's just stupid...or both.

Probably both. Friend of mine retweets a ton of his dumb poo poo. He's full of hot takes.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

:lol: You just know that they waited till he was airborne to go ahead and run that story.

I predict we get something else before he lands.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

The only two threads worth reading in GBS are the OSHA thread and occassionally the China one.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

ded posted:

Good. That was a lovely thing to do to that kid. I hope he gets enough money out of this to fund him for a full doctorate.

You're reading it wrong. His civil case against the district was thrown out. He's got till June 1st to refile.

My girlfriend's dad was also convinced that this kid was an ISIS plant whose sole purpose was to cause outrage to get himself invited to the White House, so ISIS could probe the WH for weaknesses.

My girlfriend's dad is a nice guy and fun to talk to about cars and stuff, but he's loving retarded when it comes to this stuff.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Buca di Bepis posted:

gently caress yeah give me Jonathan and Drew

gently caress if I don't enjoy watching that show, but damned if I don't get a Hardly Boys vibe from the two of 'em.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Hahaha, I mean Mark Bowden is good for beach reading but there goes any imposter syndrome I ever felt knowing that retard used him as a source in a post-grad paper.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

its curtains for Kevin posted:

I think the point was that they're not exactly texts people consider using as sources in a post grad program

Yep.

He's not a bad writer by any stretch, and I enjoyed both of those books immensely, but if you're using those in a post-grad paper, :lol:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

murder all facists qtiyd

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Quist looks like he's gonna lose MTAL special election.

Joke's on me for ever having hope. Nothing matters. :smith:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Proud Christian Mom posted:

he was going to lose that election before his opponent superslamed a guy

Yeah, I know. Still, he seemed like a decent enough guy that I was hopeful for a brief moment. After having family living in Billings and knowing a guy that was a rancher in Bozeman, he seemed the kind of candidate that might do well with people who would otherwise normally vote GOP.

Oh well, on to the next one.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Fister Roboto posted:

No? If nobody had told me that Clinton made that speech, I don't think I'd have any idea who did. There's absolutely nothing in there about herself, or at least in that little paragraph.

Seriously. I read it and thought it was reasonable enough​ considering the audience. I think if Clinton's name wasn't attached to it, most of the people making GBS threads on it in this thread wouldn't have cared.

Also I agree with most people in that I do not want to see her try running for office ever again, but you're dumb if you think there isn't still a large subset of the population that would still like to hear what she has to say from time to time.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Justin is not Pierre and will not

Yeah, he's more in his mother's image than he is his dad's.

Pierre would have told Trump to gently caress himself on Day 1, and then procede to gently caress Ivanka while Jared weeps in a corner.

CommieGIR posted:

Yes, they had a carrier off the coast of Syria previously, and they have the largest Western European carrier in comission.

Yeah, Americans knock France all the time for being "cheese eating surrender monkey's" but are surprised when they learn how big their arms industry really is and how in your face they can be about "Hey, we're in a state of emergency. So the Gendarmerie and some Para's are gonna be hanging out in town for bit"

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 03:06 on May 30, 2017

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

i dont really see the correlation between the civilian populace being okay with paramilitary/military forces providing security in a civilian setting and dropping bombs for more than 3 consecutive days anywhere outside of continental europe.

I'll rephrase, France as of right now is poo poo at sustained bombing campaigns, but the idea that they have a military that lacks the ability to drop bombs somewhere in the M.E. at any point in time is laughable.

A few years ago, I had to explain to someone who thought Israel had the world's 4th largest/most powerful military that France surpassed them by quite a bit.

I know how badly they dropped the ball with Libya and what not, but I certainly think it's foolish to pretend that if Marcon decided tomorrow to increase their military spending, they'd be out of sorts for years because they lack the capability.

It's a logistics issue more than it is an ability issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

FastestGunAlive posted:

france tried real hard to continue to grow the franco-american relationship after independence and become our prime ally but it didn't work out. couldn't overcome that strong cultural and economic bond we already had with england.

The XYZ affair was some hosed up poo poo though, and France totally deserved to get poo poo relations with the U.S. for a while for trying to pull that poo poo.

• Locked thread