Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

He is a bit late on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

facialimpediment posted:

Donnie started up his wiretapp bullshit again in the John Dickerson interview. Dickerson called him out on it. Donnie abruptly ends interview and walks back to oval office desk and sits down.

https://youtu.be/-TCR5oC5ZQs

He won't look at him. He keeps trying to say 'you figure it out' when he doesn't want to admit what he just said is 100% bullshit. He bitches out and sits at his desk like an angry child.

President Donald J Trump

edit : forgot 'everyone is talking about it'

everyone being him. over. and over. and over.

ded fucked around with this message at 17:28 on May 1, 2017

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
So cool. There might be another writers strike. Tomorrow.

Also CNN is calling the latest try to repeal ACA the 'second' try.

Isn't it like the 80th or so try to repeal it?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Here is one I cannot understand the how or why it would ever pass.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/02/news/economy/overtime-pay-bill-passes-house/index.html

quote:

Do you get paid for overtime work? The House of Representatives just passed a bill you may want to know about.

The measure, backed by Republicans, would let employers give workers time off instead of time-and-a-half pay the next time they put in extra hours. The vote tally was largely along party lines, with no Democrats voting in favor of the bill. Six Republicans also voted against it.

G.O.P. leadership has touted the legislation, called the Working Families Flexibility Act, as an attempt to codify flexibility for employees.

"I don't think there's anything more powerful than giving them more control over their time so that they can make the best decisions for themselves and their families," Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers of Washington said Tuesday morning in a press conference held by Republican leaders in the House.

The Trump administration also came out in support of the measure on Tuesday. The White House said in a news release that the president's advisers would recommend Trump sign the bill into law if it was presented to him in its current form.

gently caress you, no overtime pay. Instead you get to have 'time off' when the employer decides its ok.

What?

Seriously.

WHAT?!

Can you imagine how that would work for things like police or nurses? My wife puts in OT every week because they always need more nurses and gets called in on days off all the drat time.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Genocide Tendency posted:

Wait..

This is already a thing.

Like... Employers do this all the time. They bitch and cry about being short and "can you stay an extra hour we really need coverage because this lazy poo poo called out again and we will totes make up for it by letting you out early tomorrow..". Then they do that 3 of the 5 days a week, while running you right to the clock on the other two and when they find out you are in overtime after the fact they throw a gigantic poo poo fit about you not adhering to the schedule.

Or is that just a handful of states where that fuckery is legal? Because it was done all the time in more than one place I have worked.

Maybe I am misunderstanding something and this doesn't do what I think it does? Or I have been screwed by employers doing things they weren't legally allowed to do?

If you have had that happen to you, yes it was illegal. If you work OT you get OT pay, period. It doesn't matter what they say if you work it they owe you. Employers will try to pull all kinds of things that are not actually legal and try to say they are.

This is one of the reasons unions happened.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

psydude posted:

Passed by 4 votes. Now on to the Senate, where it will be promptly swatted down.

Donald J Trump.

President of the United States of America.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I really enjoy how Trump is trying to say that walls built by Bush and funded to be repaired by Obama, are actually walls he built.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF0cGt5-69k

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

I can't believe Obama is STILL at the golf course! If Trump was president he would be at the white house GOVERNING!

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I've flown on Delta, American, and Qantas to/from Australia. Qantas was the best hands down.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
um um
u
m

uh excuse me but

um

uh

emails

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

The Iron Rose posted:

McCarthy was riiiiight.

he just got it wrong it was the GOP all along

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Missionary Positron posted:

Also he was a few decades off

or was he

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Tweets or it didn't happen.

:barf:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Zeroisanumber posted:

No way we're getting that THAAD installed there now. :(

It's already up and running.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
It's kind of funny how I was thinking 'hmm is the FBI head presidential appointed? Why hasn't Trump fired him yet for not being a yesman'.

Oh it just took a while okay!

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Bannon.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
So. Trump is going to get someone that will prosecute over EMAILS to be FBI director now. Also to shut down investigations into him/cabnet/appointees/ect.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I wonder if he is going to try to go after Obama as well over his SURVEILLANCE bullshit.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

LingcodKilla posted:

So presidential.

Truly a man for the people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWPHGH5-7c8

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Pence is a known predictable thing. Trump is a known horrible and unpredictable thing that blows up over rumors he hears on talk television.

Which do you prefer?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
In the year 2017 Paul Ryan gets to live out his dream of killing your grandmother.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I can't see a good reason for anyone to be booking a flight with United. Unless your good reason was to try and get into some sort of trouble to get a payout.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

suboptimal posted:

Doesn't a certified letter just mean that you've signed it in the presence of the person certifying it, not that its contents have been verified to be accurate and truthful?

Yes.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

TBeats posted:

ummm actually i challenge any of you to tell me what digital is off the top of your head with no help from google

This is what a digital signal looks like

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I wonder what the urine content of trumps soup is.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Coincidence, incompetence, actual issues, or is he just dumb as a loving rock and bulldozed his way into this poo poo by pushing money everywhere? God drat it's really hard to tell.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
My stepdad got hit with locker poo poo like that 2 or 3 times. He even tried to pay it with a credit card.

Each time.

I had to clean all that poo poo up and put ad/script blocking poo poo on his computer and tell him DO NOT OPEN INTERNET EXPLORER EVER and stop clicking on every god damned thing you see. He didn't even go to questionable sites. Just stuff for cars, contractor stuff, and banks. Also had him get new credit cards because god drat what was he thinking.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Holy gently caress that could be a real spark.

Please be real and true.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Hes going to be too busy golfing this weekend to announce anything.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

transgender != gay

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

windshipper posted:

For your normal, every day Joe, what would you recommend doing to prevent this sort of thing happening to them? Beyond the standard, "Don't click funny links in weird emails, don't visit weird websites, etc"?

Don't allow non-authorized computers to enter your network, block out things like thumb drives, nail down your intranet/network with proper firewalls ect. Oh and keep the 'guest' wifi seperate from your poo poo.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Isn't everything that happens in the White House recorded? It would be odd if it was not.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Having people run around in the city looking for college age people swearing to get them in trouble is some nazi poo poo.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
People in Texas love to invent 'special things' about that dumb rear end state that are not true.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
And fucken deadwood

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Guys.

We are almost there.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-39859939

I had no idea the company was named abyss. :psyduck:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Trump has been spilling secrets since BEFORE he got sworn in. This is not a new thing he is doing.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
The only people that really ~get~ what a big deal handling sensitive information is are people that get directly involved in it. To someone like Trump it's just abstract bullshit that does not apply to them. So they will go and think it's really no big deal to say something that will end up getting someone killed because naaaah that won't happen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
trump wrote a certified letter everything is ok

• Locked thread