Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Oh look it's exactly what happened in Carolina

quote:

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports "things are not great between" Bears GM Ryan Pace and coach John Fox, and the situation "reached a nadir" in Thursday night's decision to pay a ransom for Mitchell Trubisky at No. 2 overall.

"We don't know what the hell they were doing," said one NFL executive whose team is routinely in the postseason. "It's all anyone is talking about. It's really bad between Pace and Fox. ... From the first pick on, we can't figure out what they were doing. Go back and look at how many small-school kids they took. People around the league are shocked. It's really bad between Pace and Fox." La Canfora suggests the Bears are already eyeballing coaching candidates for the future, namely Northwestern's Pat Fitzgerald. The in-fighting in Chicago could conceivably lead to Trubisky seeing the field long before he's ready.
Source: CBS Sports May 1 - 2:01 AM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
#1 La Canfora, #2 Fiz beefing with an ex Carolina guy, #3 if anything everyone in the world should be on Fox's side asking "what in the world are you doing?" here.

Oh god, the hidden hilarious thing there is Chicago looking at Pat Fitzerald.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Now it's time to listen to local sports radio create myths and legends out of thin air. For example, there's a UDFA RB the iggles signed from a smallish south jersey town that will no doubt be hyped up. I personally hope that we can survive the rest of this offseason by listening to Eli Manning get ripped up by sports media as Goodell drinks heavily in anticipation of the fool he will once again be made into.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Grittybeard posted:

#1 La Canfora, #2 Fiz beefing with an ex Carolina guy, #3 if anything everyone in the world should be on Fox's side asking "what in the world are you doing?" here.

Oh god, the hidden hilarious thing there is Chicago looking at Pat Fitzerald.

Was Pickles taken without the consent of Fox?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

sean10mm posted:

Was Pickles taken without the consent of Fox?

He'd never seen pickles play.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

He'd never seen pickles play.

Does Fox ever watch any college QB play?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

sean10mm posted:

Does Fox ever watch any college QB play?

Fox has no personnel input his final season.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Fiz should get a white rb avatar

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Ross, tell me when Koo gets a number. I know he's just a camp body but DC/NOVA has a lot of Asians and all my friends are excited about one being in the NFL.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

ZenVulgarity posted:

Fiz should get an every white rb avatar

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

is is CMC doing the tebow because gently caress me

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

FizFashizzle posted:

is is CMC doing the tebow because gently caress me

Tebow Jesus McCaffery forgives you child.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

FizFashizzle posted:

Oh look it's exactly what happened in Carolina

The more details get filled in about this story, the better it gets.

From MMQB:

Peter King posted:

“See if we can get one last thing with Chicago,” Lynch said to Marathe.

Marathe called the Bears. “To try to solidify this now,” Marathe said to Pace, “we’re gonna need a little bit more to finish. It wouldn’t have to be much. Like, your four. So let’s say your third, 67 overall, this year, your three next year, and your four this year, 111 overall … I’m not gonna string you along … No … I will do it quickly. Let me get with John and Kyle and I’ll call you right back.”

The Bears agreed. They’d give two third-round picks and a fourth-rounder to move up one spot.

“Man, who do they want?” Lynch said. “Gotta be Solomon, right?”

“Call me crazy,” Marathe said. “But I think it’s Trubisky.”

“Then why’d they go get Glennon?” Lynch said.

The 49ers basically wanted Thomaas but needed so much help they were willing to trade down to get more picks even if it meant losing him and they ended up getting a bunch of picks and giving up literally nothing in return.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Spintzel posted:

In actually good NFL news, falcons new Takk McKinley isn't getting fined for his grandma rant

Dropping this here in case it gets missed with the old thread closed, and because good. I hate it when people get fined for doing stuff like that in the heat of the moment. :unsmith:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

TheChirurgeon posted:

From MMQB:

The 49ers basically wanted Thomaas but needed so much help they were willing to trade down to get more picks even if it meant losing him and they ended up getting a bunch of picks and giving up literally nothing in return.

Looks like Marathe is the smart one in the Niners FO

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

TheChirurgeon posted:

From MMQB:

lol we are all John Lynch.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Tikky Takk and the Beaz; kills-a-drivetime radio hosts on Atlanta WKXFM Radio.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Professional nfl offensive coordinator mike shula

quote:

“In the Super Bowl,” Carolina offensive coordinator Mike Shula wondered the other night, “how many passes do you think Tom Brady threw to his backs? Mostly completed, right?”

Nineteen passes attempted to James White and Dion Lewis. Fifteen completed.

“So maybe sometimes it turns into just a four-yard gain. But I’ll take a four-yard gain,” Shula said.

Passing out of the backfield....tell me more.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Looks like Marathe is the smart one in the Niners FO
Well yeah, the way I understand it, Marathe is the actual GM while Lynch is there for PR

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I like the new 49ers

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Minus the fact that their first two picks were a tweener and an Alabama MLB with behavioral issues

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Blitz7x posted:

Minus the fact that their first two picks were a tweener and an Alabama MLB with behavioral issues

And their project QB is Erlich Bachman.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/859065054062313473

:psyduck:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

All that means is it's guaranteed for injury. Which I guess you can say isn't worth it, but it's not like they're tied at the hip to Bortles for the next 5 years.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I hope Bortles turns it around and is a good QB for the Jags.

I bear the Jags no ill will.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

They're building their team to run the ball 50 times a game.

Doesn't really matter who's handing the ball off.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
So if you're Cleveland, do you start Kizer out of the gate, or let him sit behind Osweiler until the season is already effectively over

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

TheChirurgeon posted:

So if you're Cleveland, do you start Kizer out of the gate, or let him sit behind Osweiler until the season is already effectively over

I don't think their starting day qb is on the roster yet.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

FizFashizzle posted:

I don't think their starting day qb is on the roster yet.

Do tell. I would start Kizer if it is close in camp btw the 3 of them, gotta see what we got!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

It's La Canfora so of course it's the complete opposite of everyone saying Whaley was already cut out and McDermott ran the show.

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/859068199865905152

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Imagine losing your job for passing on a Texas Tech QB

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Michael Corleone posted:

Do tell. I would start Kizer if it is close in camp btw the 3 of them, gotta see what we got!

Osweiler was just a way to grab a draft pick and I don't think anyone should expect anything out of him.

RG3 can't survive.

Kizer has no idea what he's doing.

they can still trade for someone, and veterans will be available. Hell, maybe Cutler decides to chase one more paycheck, who knows.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The important thing from that MMQB article is that Jed York's kid is named Jaxon.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

FizFashizzle posted:

Osweiler was just a way to grab a draft pick and I don't think anyone should expect anything out of him.

RG3 can't survive.

they can still trade for someone, and veterans will be available. Hell, maybe Cutler decides to chase one more paycheck, who knows.

RG3 was already cut. Day 1 is Kessler and will be all season. Kizer doesn't see the field this year unless everyone dies again.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

It's the Browns. It will happen

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

iospace posted:

Dropping this here in case it gets missed with the old thread closed, and because good. I hate it when people get fined for doing stuff like that in the heat of the moment. :unsmith:

He was not under contract, therefore not subject to fine. Not that Goodell didn't see that as a challenge, but he was never going to get fined.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

durp.

regardless, I can't imagine any sane football person is looking at that lineup and thinking they can compete.

If there's a veteran available, they should make the move.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Grittybeard posted:

All that means is it's guaranteed for injury. Which I guess you can say isn't worth it, but it's not like they're tied at the hip to Bortles for the next 5 years.
Watching my Twitter timeline for this was fun. Everyone melted the gently caress down for like 15 solid minutes until they collectively realized the extension is only injury-guaranteed, at which point it felt like the entire city of Jacksonville took a collective breath

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

RG3 can't survive.

RG3 is a free agent. Cody Kessler played fairly well behind their poo poo oline last year. They should be much improved this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

codey

• Locked thread