Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Is it better to circle the wrong way or to only move directly forwards and backwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Work Friend Keven posted:

Is it better to circle the wrong way or to only move directly forwards and backwards.

Predictable circling is safer than a predictable linear retreat.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

El Roncho posted:

Didn't loving Mayhem have him briefly rocked in their fight with a right hand?

iirc he hit him with some wild right hands without ever hurting him because it's mayhem and bisping has a good chin

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Work Friend Keven posted:

ThiagoAlvesClock.png

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i feel like bisping's footwork is good and has improved even if he still makes that mistake a lot, the rockhold finish was pretty beautiful

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Skip My Posts posted:

i feel like bisping's footwork is good and has improved even if he still makes that mistake a lot, the rockhold finish was pretty beautiful

he sucks much less than he once did

imo he sold out to avoid the td above all else so he didnt get taken down and laid on like Rashad did to him. by and by it lessened his power and made him not very aggressive so he was pretty weak (especially to watch) in the striking. being world class tough and improving his cardio got him through the first part of his career and he had a certain striking acumen but any finishing ability only showed up when he could GnP, but he tried to avoid going to the ground. Yeck. Just a frustrating fighter to watch with lots of boring fights, and he got by Jorge Rivera by cheating and Hamill by bad judging.

I dont really know how hes turned it around

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
all the good fighters did tons of steroids and cut a million pounds, it's harder to do both now.

also apparently the best base for fighting is having 1 functional eye

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

1st AD posted:

all the good fighters did tons of steroids and cut a million pounds, it's harder to do both now.

how come no one has defeated Jon Jones then

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

jon jones has been defeated by matt hamill, a pregnant driver, and a telephone pole.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

1st AD posted:

jon jones has been defeated by matt hamill, a pregnant driver, and a telephone pole.
Should've circled right.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

1st AD posted:

sadly i think you are right

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Bundt Cake posted:

he sucks much less than he once did

imo he sold out to avoid the td above all else so he didnt get taken down and laid on like Rashad did to him. by and by it lessened his power and made him not very aggressive so he was pretty weak (especially to watch) in the striking. being world class tough and improving his cardio got him through the first part of his career and he had a certain striking acumen but any finishing ability only showed up when he could GnP, but he tried to avoid going to the ground. Yeck. Just a frustrating fighter to watch with lots of boring fights, and he got by Jorge Rivera by cheating and Hamill by bad judging.

he's pretty savvy at this point and like you said he's really tough

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Jon Jones has only ever been defeated by beating up something helpless (A deaf man, pregnant woman, various woman's pussies using sex drugs) so badly that it was illegal.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I don't think he's been working with parillo for that long relatively speaking either. Pretty much all the people who hosed bisping up since 2010 have been on hella roids

And before any of you idiots talk poo poo look at rockholds jawline pre and post usada.

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 19:58 on May 2, 2017

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Gay Horney posted:

I don't think he's been working with parillo for that long relatively speaking either. Pretty much all the people who hosed bisping up since 2010 have been on hella roids

And before any of you idiots talk poo poo look at rockholds jawline pre and post usada.

pics or it didn't horney

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

CommonShore posted:

pics or it didn't horney

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Gay Horney posted:

his...jawline?? are you high

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
lmao look at rockhold's jawline for steroid proof

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Blaming being handsome on steroids...

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Marching Powder posted:

What CAN'T steroids do? Make you stronger, hit harder, look handsomer...gently caress USADA, man, let's get the UFC stacked with panty-dropping uber-men already. What could possibly go wrong?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Gay Horney, while I agree that Luke rockhold is likely a steroid user, hgh jaw is caused by long term continual use, it doesn't come and go. I feel your benchmark is incorrect.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

DirtRoadJunglist posted:

What CAN'T steroids do? Make you stronger, hit harder, look handsomer...gently caress USADA, man, let's get the UFC stacked with panty-dropping uber-men already. What could possibly go wrong?

Sage Northcutt already exists and we do not deserve him, let alone an entire roster of Sage.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

as a gremlin I am totally behind this movement

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

El Roncho posted:

Didn't loving Mayhem have him briefly rocked in their fight with a right hand?

Not really. He connected a few times in the first. In the second and third rounds, when he was completely gassed, Mayhem tried the "I can't really do anything oh well, hopefully I won't die" strategy which worked physically but not for his career.

Also I just want to check if we're at the "he was always bad" stage for Bisping yet.

InfiniteZero fucked around with this message at 21:46 on May 2, 2017

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

InfiniteZero posted:

Not really. He connected a few times in the first. In the second and third rounds, when he was completely gassed, Mayhem tried the "I can't really do anything oh well, hopefully I won't die" strategy which worked physically but not for his career.

Also I just want to check if we're at the "he was always bad" stage for Bisping yet.

Ive been at that stage since 2006

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Lol yeah I can't wait for that upcoming moment in the future, and not at any other time, when we all agree that mike the count Bisping sucks.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Is that like a daycrew/nitecrew thing? We all talked ourselves into him being an underrated lovable scamp after he knocked out Rockhold

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Bisping has always been bad and stupid, USADA just revealed that everyone is also bad and stupid and also secretly cheating (Bisping blatantly and publicly cheats, it's different)

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Bisping would still get killed by the entire top 5 which is why he's fighting a retired welterweight.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I have no dog in this fight really but this entire thread came to the opposite conclusion after he beat Rockhold based on his one eyeball, longevity, number of wins, and him getting off the couch and knocking out the champ.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'm glad mike count Bisping beat up Luke rockhold and then went on a legends tour in terms of how it makes me feel in my heart but let's be clear: he sucks.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
He had two amazing performances against Anderson and Rockhold but I think anyone ranked above Anderson would crush him, including Rockhold in a hypothetical rematch. Title defenses against an unranked senior citizen and a retired dinosaur enthusiast aren't really a mark of divisional dominance.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

IMO once Bisping defeats the one exact mythical challenger who I believe could never lose to him, then he will be a good fighter.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

LobsterMobster posted:

I need to find it, but I cut together a video of Bisping getting caught by right hands due to circling to the left.

I know Kang and Rivera clipped him, in addition to Hendo

here we go

https://streamable.com/z3d8

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
please beat gsp and retire bisping. i want this conversation, unironically, twice a year forever and i want to be firmly on team don raper

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Best-ping.

Watching Rockhold's face during that interview was one of my 2016 UFC highlights

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/859535632170971137

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

InfiniteZero posted:

"Has a penchant for walking into right hands" is more a technical criticism than a "ROFL HE WAS ALWAYS BAD!" kind of observation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Bundt Cake posted:

Anderson Silva is old, Luke Rockhold fought like an idiot, Dan Henderson is even older. Two of those still nearly finished him.

We keep having this discussion as if there isn't a clear answer.

• Locked thread