Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Rigel posted:

Nate Diaz has a bench press in his living room.

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/859869720446615552
Real Talk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

manyak posted:

Nate is cool i hope hes made enough money that he doesnt have to fight anymore if he doesnt want to

Same

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

The UFC has decided to open up a women's flyweight division.

https://twitter.com/Jason_Floyd/status/859917690340872193

https://twitter.com/Jason_Floyd/status/859918176796258305

Rigel fucked around with this message at 01:00 on May 4, 2017

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Rigel posted:

Nate Diaz has a bench press in his living room.

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/859869720446615552

lmao

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Those are good quotes

Rigel posted:

The UFC has decided to open up a women's flyweight division.

https://twitter.com/Jason_Floyd/status/859917690340872193

This is also fine, but it makes it seem even more stupid they let Letourneau walk

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Joanna two division champ incoming

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Yeah, like a week after its announced Letourneau signed to the Bellator womens flyweight division this happens. Thats a bummer.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Well her last loss in the UFC was her third in a row and was to someone without a Wikipedia page so...

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

She was a fun scrapper and it seemed like her weight cuts were destroying her potential at 115, always wanted to see her at 125 and she even said she asked for her release due to there being no 125 division on the horizon.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I thought the fight against calderwood was at 125 and she got smashed.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
125 division will be alright as long as they dont push too many crappy fights between girls who are 1-4 in their last 5 onto the main card of PPVs because they feel like they have to build up the division

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

threeagainstfour posted:

I thought the fight against calderwood was at 125 and she got smashed.

That reminds me JoJo would probably be pretty drat good at 125.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
i would rather have a male 115 pound division than a female 125 pound division. how many lightweights are there on the roster? over a hundred I'm pretty sure. how many female 125ers? you can't name more than six right now.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Gay Horney posted:

i would rather have a male 115 pound division than a female 125 pound division. how many lightweights are there on the roster? over a hundred I'm pretty sure. how many female 125ers? you can't name more than six right now.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Miesha Tate could unretire for 125. She was always said to be a flyweight who had to do bantam, and would be even more strong against smaller women. Miesha v JJ?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
gently caress no, I can barely name two.

But they must have analysed it and figured there's the depth of talent they can scoop off the top of the B- through Z- leagues to make it work. Sign the top half of the TUF roster and go from there.

Or maybe I'm giving them too much credit and this will be W145 only worse.

Memento fucked around with this message at 01:43 on May 4, 2017

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
If anything Ronda would be good at 125 and having her at a new weight class would be one of the more credible excuses to bring her back out of the woods and give her an instant title shot

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
I wish they would just let the women's divisions develop

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

manyak posted:

If anything Ronda would be good at 125 and having her at a new weight class would be one of the more credible excuses to bring her back out of the woods and give her an instant title shot

Yeah this is where my mind went. And the inevitable Ronda / jj would be sick.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I'd prefer Miesha as she can take a punch and scrap that would make a five round JJ mauling intensely fun. Ronda trying to strike with JJ? No one needs to see that.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Why would you want to watch Meisha Tate take another huge poo poo in the cage, again?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Why would you want to watch Meisha Tate take another huge poo poo in the cage, again?

you're thinking of julie kedzie

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010

Gay Horney posted:

Can you name more than six adult male 115ers right now, on earth?

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Chillanese posted:

If you're that small you get kidnapped and forced to ride racehorses.

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
They'd never give up racing trained horses to become a trained horse in another sport. Maybe at least six of the hundred lightweights can make their way four weight classes down to 115.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
I always laugh when friends who are about a chubby 170 lbs are like "lol 135 pounds??" when if they lost their gut and got in shape theyd be 150 and could cut to 135

115 is pushing it though

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
hey remember this brutal poo poo

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Chillanese posted:

no that was my point.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

A contest to decide who gets throttled by a bigger, better hydrated Joanna Champion sounds like a mixed bag. I'm sorry, Joanna Double Champion.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Gay Horney posted:

no that was my point.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Nate Diaz should be the face of UFC and a preemptive gently caress you if you disagree

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
TUF update: JT$ is wrestling the poo poo out of this dude

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Skip My Posts posted:

hey remember this brutal poo poo

To this day that's the most gruesome KO I can remember seeing. I have no idea how Goes ever managed to walk again

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

im saying i really really really really loving really do not want to see a women's 125 division

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Gay Horney posted:

im saying i really really really really loving really do not want to see a women's 125 division

W125 will be a way better division than W145 and exponentially better than light heavyweight, a division which only exists because Tito Ortiz had too large a skull to make a normal weight like 190 pounds.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Fat Twitter Man posted:

To this day that's the most gruesome KO I can remember seeing. I have no idea how Goes ever managed to walk again

Coleman is/was so loving awesome

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Robbie Lawler vs. Cowboy Cerrone at UFC 213 on July 8!

I'm hype but Donald is gonna get wrecked :(

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

kensei posted:

Robbie Lawler vs. Cowboy Cerrone at UFC 213 on July 8!

I'm hype but Donald is gonna get wrecked :(

They also added Overeem vs Werdum 3 and Jim Miller vs Anthony Pettis to this card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Jennifer Maia, Vanessa Porto, Valerie Letourneau, Roxanne Modiferri, and Andrea Lee are five off the top of my head. I can think of the faces but not the names of four more. Shannon Sinn is a 125er but she's not very good - I only remember her because she has a recognizable name and weird eyes. Jessica Eye will probably go to 125, as will Jojo. Jessica Andrade could end up there, too.

• Locked thread