Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I'm pretty sure you were about to get Charizard at the end. If my memory serves right, you knock Charmeleon into the lava crater and it evolves. But you exited the level before it could happen.

The lack of Fire-types in Gen 1 has nothing on Gen 4. Before you get the expanded Pokedex, the only new Fire-type available to you was Chimchar and its evolutions. It also had Ponyta and Rapidash, giving you a grand total of five.

Blaze Dragon posted:

For instance, I have this one saved entirely due to how silly it looks:

Poor Electrode.
Looks like it's taking a big poo poo. :haw:

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 19:33 on May 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Dugtrio was one of three Pokemon that I couldn't find when I would regularly rent the game from Blockbuster. When I read about it, I thought, "drat, why didn't I think of that?"

One of the other two I missed was for an intensely stupid reason, but I'll cross that bridge later.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Boy, Oak sure is an rear end in a top hat.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Cythereal posted:

Grimdark Pokemon is as boring and overdone as hot takes on games get. It's a setting and game made for kids.
That looked like a joke to me. "Grimdark," on the other hand, is a boring and overused description.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Scyther was the second of three Pokemon that I never found in my playthroughs. It's pretty well-hidden, since those rustling leaves appear elsewhere.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Seaogre posted:

The question becomes why Oak is making Todd do this. To get a good laugh? To give Todd some training? To falsify data for his research papers?
I say it's because Prof. Oak is a dick. He gets his jollies at seeing a Meowth get beaten up by a Pidgey and brawls between Magmars.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The Valley's got bitchin' tunes but as you've shown, it's harder to get all the Pokemon there than in the other levels. You haven't gotten to the last of the three Pokemon that I never got to see as a kid that's in that level, but I'll talk about that when you get there.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I mentioned that I've never snapped Dugtrio and Scyther. The last one is in the Valley.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

As a stupid kid, I thought that you had to use the Dash Module immediately after Mankey smacks the Magikarp away and make it to the waterfall before it could land there, where it would become a Gyarados. By the time I realized that I had to just play through the level as normal, I had no means of renting Pokemon Snap anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I think the Pokemon are real. I also think that Professor Oak is a dick who likes to see Meowths get attacked by Pidgeys and makes a photographer go on a wild goose chase just to get access to Mew. He set up everything just to gently caress around with Todd.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

• Locked thread