Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Huh, never thought I'd see an LP of this game. Spent so many hours on it as a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Samovar posted:

I don't what's so weird, I regularly feed animals by throwing their chow directly at their heads.

I remember using this and the next unlock to pause the rail shooter by stunlocking enemies on the track in front of the vehicle. The vehicle automatically stops when it's about to hit a critter, so lure something into its path and knock them down, and keep them knocked down, to give yourself as much time as you'd like in a spot.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Man, Oak is a real sadist when it comes to what makes a good picture.

And in general, going by what I remember one of the other item unlocks being.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Bruceski posted:

It's okay, they LIKE being slaves.

Grimdark Pokemon is as boring and overdone as hot takes on games get. It's a setting and game made for kids.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Sorites posted:

I was always confused by Porygon appearing in the wilderness. It seems like they should only be in cities.

Going by the tunnel, maybe this island was inhabited at one point but was since abandoned?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

The Poliwags really are the worst though.

My pick for the worst is in a later course. Much the same deal as the shellders and magikarp, only the tank's moving much faster.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
The Valley was my favorite level in the game when I was a kid. Good music and a lot of interactivity with the critters - I felt so drat proud of myself as a kid for figuring out how to open that gate all by myself.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
It's an odd little game to be sure, reminds me most of the Endless Ocean games that I've only seen LP'd and sadly never played myself.

Enjoyable LP and a heck of a nostalgia hit from my childhood. Spent so many goddamn hours on this and the Pokemon Stadiums, which could also be interesting LP material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

yo rear end is grass posted:

Also the pokermans aren't necessarily fake, but trained and planted there by Oak. Trained to do the exact same stuff every time you cruise by.

There's bound to be a pokemon with time travel at this point (I stopped playing the series with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald). Each course is a stable time loop.

• Locked thread