Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh man, I love this game. It's one of the best Pokemon spinoffs with the Stadium duology (the N64 just was a great period for Pokemon, apparently) and I'm sad that we never got more of these. I played it way too late though, already as an adult, I thought it was a lame idea as a kid. Oh, how wrong I was, this game's awesome, especially with how silly the photos can get. For instance, I have this one saved entirely due to how silly it looks:

Poor Electrode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Aces High posted:

pokemon stadium had that weird peripheral that allowed you to play the Gameboy games through your tv right?

The Transfer Pak, yeah. You could play the GB games on the Doduo/Dodrio Tower, at increased speeds, it was very neat.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

That poor Electrode looked like it was in pain at the end. :smith:

Exploding is probably not the most pleasurable experience.

And this game wants you to make them explode just to get cool pics.

Todd is a monster.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

get that OUT of my face posted:

The lack of Fire-types in Gen 1 has nothing on Gen 4. Before you get the expanded Pokedex, the only new Fire-type available to you was Chimchar and its evolutions. It also had Ponyta and Rapidash, giving you a grand total of five.

I'm actually a big Fire type fan (if my name didn't make that obvious enough) so this was really terrible in my eyes. I don't like Chimchar either, so I went through Diamond without a single Fire-type. Thankfully, Platinum was better, and then B2W2 were the first to let you do a mono-Fire run without trading, which I very happily did (Emboar/Darmanitan/Chandelure/Arcanine (my fav Gen 1 mon!)/Camerupt).

And I really liked this course too! It's very firey and it has cool mons. Too bad about the lack of Arcanine or even Growlithe though, and I can't remember if they're in the game at all. With only 63 Pokemon, a lot of Gen 1 got cut.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Yup, that was definitely Bulbasaurs. Absolutely nothing weird with them, nope.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Pokemon Snap is great and it's sad that we'll never get a sequel. Between this, Stadium, and to a somewhat lesser extent Puzzle League, the N64 was a wonderful console for Pokemon spinoffs.

You pretty much showed all the reasons why I think this game is great, Warmal. Even after you photograph them all, you still have so much you can do! There's a lot of neat, secret photos, plus getting the right angles and just trying to beat your own scores is wonderful and adds a lot of time to an otherwise unfairly short game. And it allows you to be hilariously violent towards poor animals, and if that's not the point of Pokemon, then what is?

This was a very good LP, if a bit slow-paced at times. But then again, there's no reason to rush in a game about checking the sights to begin with and taking pictures of said sights, right? And you got some pretty good pictures, some of which I had no idea of (like that last Mew pic, it seems obvious in hindsight but I just got a low-score bad Mew pic). So great job!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Cythereal posted:

There's bound to be a pokemon with time travel at this point (I stopped playing the series with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald). Each course is a stable time loop.

Even if you stopped at RSE, you'd have your Pokemon already in Celebi.

• Locked thread