Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

SIGSEGV posted:

Try some bollywood music next time:
uhhhhhhh went with someone else's request for metal but I'll take that under advisement

For the emblem, you have to do everything in game using whatever editor they give you for that game. There's no way to import. Certain logo-looking things like the King of Hearts logo or something from an Ace Combat game are pretty easy to replicate even with this barebones garbage, but in V and VD you have way more layers and shapes and can do as much as you have the patience for. In the PS2 era and before, you just had a sprite editor in game for your emblem.

OutofSight posted:

I have a softspot for purple and lilac tones (blame "Saint's Row"). Mix up with silver or black as secondary, if needed. Gotta make this a proper "pretty mecha dress up simulator" somehow.

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

One of my friends was able to make the King of Hearts logo from G Gundam back in the day, so if you're dedicated/insane enough, you can make some very nice things.

As for paint scheme, if you're not rocking a cotton candy pink/death metal black robot, you seriously need to rethink your life choices.

:getin:

Update 6:

Paintshop 3
Chapter 5/6 Part 1/2: BFFs Never Say Die
Chapter 5/6 Part 2/2: makes me cry every time
Chapter 5/6 Hard Mode AC Fights
Chapter 5/6 Hard Mode Trash Mission Supercut

wait what the gently caress
Ok yeah FromSoft really could have done us a favor and added character names to text boxes so you weren't trying to figure out who that guy in the giant AC was based on voice recognition. I mean, not that it would have helped answer anything, but hey. Here's what happened: all of the Chapter 5 and 6 Hard Mode missions are the canon ones, where Mido Auriel and Leonhardt die but you roll in and singlehandedly murder every active BFF and Rayleonard LINX over the course of a few days. Then you blow up Rayleonard's HQ. Every single person and company, including Emil, is loving terrified of you.

Fiona falls in love with the mercenary and gets them a vacation. Omer raids most of Rayleonard's assets, gets their hands on the 00-ARETHA, gives it to Joshua O'Brien, and threatens/blackmails/hires/whatever him to go blow up Anatolia thinking that they can just assassinate the mercenary while they're at home. But it turns out the mercenary wasn't there? Or the NEXT? Who the gently caress brings their redeployable nuke on vacation with them? Did they get back just in time or was this some sort of weird staycation a few miles away? In any case it turns out the person who just ended a war by themselves is always strapped. Always.

Omer sends Celo to kill one or both of the combatants, but he dies. The mercenary gets real sad about killing Joshua O'Brien and decides to take up the mantle of White Glint to continue fighting for friends and homeland and against the establishment. This is the White Glint that appears in For Answer. Fiona and the mercenary run off together and start their own colony out in the ocean called Outer Heaven Line Ark. Nobody bothers them because the mercenary is the scariest person on the planet and their spite knows no bounds.

Kasumi Sumika does the sensible thing after surviving and retires to become an independent coach and an operator. She changes her callsign to Serene Haze and picks up a talented young LINX by the name of Strayed.

So much Kojima contamination was released by the war that the surface is becoming less habitable. The corporations start housing people in giant flying cities called Cradles so they can stay out of the contamination. Welcome to the post-post apocalypse. Concerned that NEXT technology is getting out of their control, the corporations build super massive mobile structures called Arms Forts to fend off those wily LINX.

Anatolia's mercenary has some sort of vendetta against BFF and tries to take out their Arms Fort, the Spirit of Motherwill. They're getting old and can't quite handle it, though:

Armored Core 4: For Answer Opening

Don't worry, Strayed is much better than them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akujiki
Nov 25, 2013

I want to say that Roadie was the first simulation opponent I ever tried and it convinced me that I am loving awful at this game. Knowing that other people have difficulty with his bullshit makes me slightly less annoyed that it took me forever to beat him, but I'm probably still terrible. :v:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Wow, Armored Core 4 looked absolutely terrible.

I think you spent about as much time in loading screens as actually fighting anything.

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
Man, that color scheme (the pink accessories and green highlights make it even more fabolously horrendous) and the logo was everything i ever hoped for.

Nothing channels the spirit of :frogc00l:"YOLO": more than wielding grenade launchers in that outfit in a higly dangerous anime particles isolation chamber/ test site.

Doopliss
Nov 3, 2012

Akujiki posted:

I want to say that Roadie was the first simulation opponent I ever tried and it convinced me that I am loving awful at this game. Knowing that other people have difficulty with his bullshit makes me slightly less annoyed that it took me forever to beat him, but I'm probably still terrible. :v:
Despite the game talking about how mediocre Roadie is, I found him to be a big skill check as well. If you've built an energy-efficient machine and understand proper flight controls he can't so much as draw a bead on you, but if you can't he'll just gleefully stunlock you for 2/3 of your health. Definitely not a fun first choice for the simulator.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Things AC games desperately need:
Putting some exposition in their exposition sequences. Not that we can't guess that Joshua was threatened or paid into killing us by the other companies but it's a bit of a pain piecing everything together, thankfully we have the next game to help a bit.
Proofreading by people who speak the languages involved. I know there's a lot of engrish in there but "jardin de chavalier", really? Just plug it into google for a spellcheck, Jesus.
More insane multiple peer-level ACs against the player fights.
More insane player AC against giant superweapons fights.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SIGSEGV posted:

Things AC games desperately need:
Putting some exposition in their exposition sequences. Not that we can't guess that Joshua was threatened or paid into killing us by the other companies but it's a bit of a pain piecing everything together, thankfully we have the next game to help a bit.
Proofreading by people who speak the languages involved. I know there's a lot of engrish in there but "jardin de chavalier", really? Just plug it into google for a spellcheck, Jesus.
More insane multiple peer-level ACs against the player fights.
More insane player AC against giant superweapons fights.

I've been replaying For Answer and the engrish is pretty great. "Overed Boost" and "The Object of the Bonus" (bonus objective).

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

We obv need to get ourselves all of those sweet robo bits and show Anatolia's Mercenary how to take down that thing :colbert:

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
emblem: kojima. like, MGS kojima. since this game loves kojima so much
paint: sparkles and lots of 'em
music: spiderbait and / or some garbage from panty and stocking ost

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
I got game music in this first supercut so people can hear it in between assault armor explosions, but yeah those things are all happening next update. I'll see what I can do about sparkles.

I forgot how much I love GA's super unenthusiastic mission briefing guy. :allears: The voice cast for this game is much better and you'll probably be able to recognize some of the voices throughout the missions.

Update 7: help i dont know how to drive this thing [frantically mashing buttons in cockpit]

4A Tutorial and Intro Mission
Garage 3: 4A Garage Layout and Speed Comparison
Ordered Battles 30-23 Supercut
Chapter 1 Part 1: Kerbal Mech Program
Chapter 1 Part 2: you get what you pay for
Chapter 1 Part 3: Futurehuge

Potato. Those demolition blades are maybe ok for some missions but are definitely a gimmick.

She has extremely high AP and defense, and the kojima missiles will wipe out a third to half of your health in one shot.

It feels like almost all of the best Lynx got murdered by Anatolia's Mercenary in the Lynx War and now that we're two apocalypses deep everyone's dropping in their benchwarmers.

Perhaps the only sensible pilot we'll see in these games.

The generic duo.

Like I said in his mission, this guy's more of an in joke for people who played the PS1 and PS2 era games and he moves in a pretty similar manner.

With everything sped up so much, energy weapon tanks can be pretty good up close. Still not mobile enough to not get murdered by arms forts and giant superweapons, though.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

May Greenfield is also pretty good because she's pretty tanky, so worst case scenario she can at least serve as a distraction. She's also really friendly :3:

The ally AI is pretty bad by and large.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

ACFA, come for having a rocket strapped to your rear end while rushing towards a mountain that shoots at you, stay for that but cringe at the lack of editing in the text everywhere, especially in the original.

They did a lot of good things with the briefings, though, for example you now get reminded of who's paying you to be a murderjettank and why they want you to do that.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Watching these games, I genuinely don't know why ACs bother having legs since they spend all their time flying or using their rocket boosters.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
A request that you do at least one or two missions with Machinegun arms plus a huge shoulder chaingun, of which you are able to fire at the same time.

"Mister bullets" treated me well when his scrawny reverse jointed rear end wasn't too impractical to live, and Machinegun arms actually felt viable instead of a gimmick with terrible aim in 4A compared to my hazy memories of the earlier games I played.

SSNeoman posted:

May Greenfield is also pretty good because she's pretty tanky, so worst case scenario she can at least serve as a distraction. She's also really friendly :3:

The ally AI is pretty bad by and large.
May Greenfield is too good and cheerful for this brooding corporate edgelord world.

Night10194 posted:

Watching these games, I genuinely don't know why ACs bother having legs since they spend all their time flying or using their rocket boosters.
It does make it kind of amusing that the leg type they removed in these games was the HOVER legs. Whether or not you take into account "But legs have different statistical benefits :spergin:"

I did like them giving Tank legs some viable gimmicks outside of "This is the one with more Hitpoints and weight capacity" for once. Shame you couldn't double up on identical weapons, but being able to carry spare full sized weapons was always amusing when you just didn't give a poo poo about expenses, and the level was accommodating for their smaller mobility.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 20:23 on May 10, 2017

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
How about I do you one better and do at least a whole chapter with that build?

Update 8:
The phantom, exterior like fish eggs
interior like suicide wrist-red
I could exercise you, this could be your phys-ed
cheat on your man homie AGHHH I tried to sneak through the underpass, man!
Can't make it, can't make it, the poo poo's stuck!
Outta my way son! WALL STUCK! WALL STUCK! Please! I beg you! We're dead!

Paintshop 4
Ordered Battles 22-16 Supercut

This guy has some pretty goofy dialogue if you take him as a consort in the missions.

Kojima blades are no joke, unlike the rest of this build.

It's pretty stupid how much better she is in the arena fights if you don't have flares.

He doesn't really use those triple rockets much so he's actually a threat if you're not bringing 3 MGs to the fight.

SSNeoman posted:

Section Z posted:

May Greenfield is too good and cheerful for this brooding corporate edgelord world.
I was going to say something about a fan club but I guess I already got beat to the point.

This guy's more annoying than anything else. The machineguns on his back fire 4 bullets at once and would be extremely dangerous if he wasn't juking so hard that it throws off his own locks. If you're really slow and let him get on your side then he'll melt you, though. Those X-SOBRERO body parts from Aspina are the lightest in the game and you can do some really gimmicky speed builds with them.

This guy has a similar build to the one we're using now, just with grenade launchers instead of machineguns. If you attempt to stay on the ground and fight him or don't pay attention to his shot timing, you'll get stunlocked and killed really fast.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

gently caress Rai-Den. I've been going through 4A using the Aaliyah start and doing as much arena fights as possible first for fun and it couldn't stay aerial enough to not get hosed (the TANK was more aerial than it). I came back later with other parts and won after a bit though so I guess ultimately gently caress Aaliyah.

quote:

This guy's more annoying than anything else. The machineguns on his back fire 4 bullets at once and would be extremely dangerous if he wasn't juking so hard that it throws off his own locks. If you're really slow and let him get on your side then he'll melt you, though. Those X-SOBRERO body parts from Aspina are the lightest in the game and you can do some really gimmicky speed builds with them.

He's also really good at leaving the map and instantly losing. :v:

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 14:32 on May 11, 2017

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

For Answer already looks way better than the base AC4.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

tbh I'm more impressed how much you're using Assault Armor. I sorta forgot that was a thing.

And your emblem painting videos are ridiculously entertaining :ocelot:

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

RBA Starblade posted:

gently caress Rai-Den. I've been going through 4A using the Aaliyah start and doing as much arena fights as possible first for fun and it couldn't stay aerial enough to not get hosed (the TANK was more aerial than it). I came back later with other parts and won after a bit though so I guess ultimately gently caress Aaliyah.

My strategy to beating him in Arena matches was pick an arena with invulnerable buildings, let him waste his grenades on me as I hid behind them, then charge him once he ran out of ammo for it.

Night10194 posted:

For Answer already looks way better than the base AC4.

It is way better as someone who's played both games. It looks prettier now that they removed that awful tint that made everything look washed-out, the Arms Forts are cool setpieces, the missions are by and large better planned out, the story's actually fairly coherent...it's just waaaaay better in every way.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I also imagine it would be way more of a challenge in the hands of someone who doesn't know the game inside and out. I remember AC2 being hard as gently caress at points.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dr. Snark posted:

My strategy to beating him in Arena matches was pick an arena with invulnerable buildings, let him waste his grenades on me as I hid behind them, then charge him once he ran out of ammo for it.

I didn't realize the AI could run out of ammo actually. That's good to know!

Strayed
Mar 3, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

I guess ultimately gently caress Aaliyah.

Heathen.

Also chalk up another for the May Greenfield Fan Club. I always made a point of bringing her on every mission I could.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
gently caress yeah, Mister Bullets lives :buddy:

You also know the AI is going overboard when "Man, they mash sure quick boost a lot" is an unironic statement from any AC4 player. I am not in the least bit surprised they took up most of the video

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

So how big a deal is getting the best FCS you can? It seems like you're always constantly fighting to maintain a lock.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.

wiegieman posted:

So how big a deal is getting the best FCS you can? It seems like you're always constantly fighting to maintain a lock.

Depends on your style. If you spam grenades, machineguns, or what have you "accuracy" becomes irrelevant. If you rely on missiles, rifles, and more accurate weapons you might want to look into a better FCS.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dr. Snark posted:

Depends on your style. If you spam grenades, machineguns, or what have you "accuracy" becomes irrelevant. If you rely on missiles, rifles, and more accurate weapons you might want to look into a better FCS.

And there's pretty noticeable differences between FCS in missile lock, blade lock, lock-on range, and lock-on speed. They make a pretty drastic change!

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

wiegieman posted:

The size of the lock box itself is always the same, but it's just important to make sure that the range is what you want and that the lock on speeds are good for whatever weapons you're using. There's a pretty big advantage to focusing fully on one weapon type (blades/missiles/guns) and just getting the FCS that locks the fastest with those.

Most of the reason I'm losing locks is because there's a traverse and elevation limit for all weapons, with the most restrictive limits being applied to back weapons. For example, in the missions in 4 where I was using quad legs in the tunnel city I could look down but couldn't fully lock a target that was below me. This range of arm weapon motion is mostly determined by the legs. Doing a lot of quick boosting will also throw off locks since you'll lose locks on the far edge of the screen if you don't have a high melee ability on the arms or a high lock speed with that FCS.

In any case maintaining locks while playing close-in and fast is real difficult.

SSNeoman posted:

tbh I'm more impressed how much you're using Assault Armor. I sorta forgot that was a thing.

So did most people in multiplayer. Assault armor was the best way to counter blade warp builds in ranked and would generate a huge amount of salt.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Ah I never did the multiplayer thing :v:

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
The skill barrier to entry to make MP fun was ridiculous so a lot of people didn't either.

:siren:I need more suggestions for supercut music and emblems or else I'm just gonna rotate on what we've got so far (or go off the deep end).:siren:

Hey the hard supercuts for what I've done so far will come a little late, I was planning on doing them after the first ending but I need FRS memory really really badly (you get 5 for completing each hard mode mission, with an additional 1 for S rank) and the hard mode missions are at the point where I can't just chump them with any random build I'm using. I'm going to put all the real difficult ones into a few videos due to time.

Also this Ordered Battle supercut features me playing really bad and I need to start doing fighting game style warmups in test mode before recording from this point on.

Update 9: just walk away

yeah sure buddy
Chapter 2: gently caress trains
Ordered Battle 15-7 Supercut

Ordered Battles:

The Eqbal/Algebra light quad build is insanely fast despite the high EN cost from the legs and it's a huge pain maintain any sort of distance from them.

From like to name things after classical composers, but they like Ornstein enough to put him in another game.

This guy somehow managed to not even show up in these games even though he survives, but I guess it's easy to not die if you don't go outside.

Those spiky things on her shoulders are additional boosters that you can put on you shoulder and back slots. While fun, you can get fast enough that it starts to make it real difficult for you to maintain a lock on so I never messed around with these as much as some of the other parts.

A huge jerk.

This guy has a bunch of unused voice lines that implies he was originally supposed to be piloting some 00-ARETHA that shows up again later, though instead he just dies off screen and is the reason that ORCA is looking to recruit Strayed, since they need a go-to pilot for the risky missions.

White Glint is rank 9, which is why we don't fight them in the Ordered Battles.

This guy's still kicking despite a pile of dead students and his original company getting destroyed.

He's a good guy and one of the few pilots that isn't a real punk.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Some serious dejavu over feeling smug about Great Wall and then running face first into tunnel lasers.

I completely forgot about the bit with No Count. I know I've done it before, but generally my holding down the fire button probably didn't do him any favors.

Also yeah I might have suggested the build, but always ended up going for more practical stuff against captain keep away... and still banking on assault armor.

Could be worse. I have a soft spot for shotguns and bazookas but... Those don't do you any favors most of the time in the AC4 games.

Atlatl posted:

The skill barrier to entry to make MP fun was ridiculous so a lot of people didn't either.
When AC4 first came out in the US, there was a magical time where I was doing pretty well with dual shotguns and people would willingly play in the few indoor maps too. But then the practical benefits of perma flight and/or wearing out your controller zig zagging were quickly realized.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I remember my first experience with 4A being an Independent start, at regulation 1.2. I could not even get to the top of Motherwill, plus the blade is the stubby one, like the second strongest but like half the length of the standard.

Meanwhile on regulation 1.4 the independent start is amazing because the starter machine guns have their damage boosted to roughly... 250%? I want to say, its been a while since I've played. I managed to bullrush to rank 1 in the arena with pretty much stock, with only one redo using those guns.

I can still remember basically every mission in this game, its one of my favorite ever. And it looks like I was way to obsessed with S ranks and low damage clears, because Atlatl is just demolishing things I had trouble with so often. I appreciate getting to see what happened with 4, since I never got past Sol-Dios there, and only got into it years after 4A, so there's that.

And while I stand amazed at both Atlatl's skill in annihilating just about everything with those rifles, and the sheer pace that this Lp has gone at (has it really only been 2 weeks?) I reserve the right to cringe at that performance on Motherwill.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

See I'm on 1.0 because Xbox live went out, which explains the issues I didn't have last time. Those are huge changes!

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

RBA Starblade posted:

See I'm on 1.0 because Xbox live went out, which explains the issues I didn't have last time. Those are huge changes!

Oh, you poor thing. You don't get to experience the crazy poo poo of 1.15, aka: the infinite energy patch.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

Ashsaber posted:

I remember my first experience with 4A being an Independent start, at regulation 1.2. I could not even get to the top of Motherwill, plus the blade is the stubby one, like the second strongest but like half the length of the standard.

Meanwhile on regulation 1.4 the independent start is amazing because the starter machine guns have their damage boosted to roughly... 250%? I want to say, its been a while since I've played. I managed to bullrush to rank 1 in the arena with pretty much stock, with only one redo using those guns.

Amen to that. It's kind of insane how the mech that the game says is "outdated" is seriously probably your best choice to start with. Good mobility, decent armor, the machineguns can tear through MTs and Primal Armor, and for whatever those don't kill you have the twin railguns (because honestly why wouldn't you have both).

Even though you can't get anything in the shop at first, if you're halfway decent at the game you can easily make it up to Cube at minimum, and by that point you'll have access to the shop and more parts to start really customizing.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
It also helps that most missions not specifically fighting other NEXTS, you have much more leeway to just use whatever the hell you want and still get the job done. With adjustments for missions with lots of vertical travel to deal with.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Atlatl posted:

:siren:I need more suggestions for supercut music and emblems or else I'm just gonna rotate on what we've got so far (or go off the deep end).:siren:

New Future Weapon by Billy Idol, and of course, the classic...

HIGHWAY TO THE DANGER ZONE. Do it. You know you want to.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Jihad by KOTOKO

Kasumi Sumika will be right at home

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Ok sure J-butt-rock has been added to the queue.

Ashsaber posted:

I can still remember basically every mission in this game, its one of my favorite ever. And it looks like I was way to obsessed with S ranks and low damage clears, because Atlatl is just demolishing things I had trouble with so often. I appreciate getting to see what happened with 4, since I never got past Sol-Dios there, and only got into it years after 4A, so there's that.

And while I stand amazed at both Atlatl's skill in annihilating just about everything with those rifles, and the sheer pace that this Lp has gone at (has it really only been 2 weeks?) I reserve the right to cringe at that performance on Motherwill.

Yeah motherwill has always been my worst mission for some reason.

Regulation balance was really swingy and goofy from what I remember. 1.0 to 1.2 resulted in almost no variance in bringing dual shotgun/MG/rifle for arm weapons, and the MG saturation was a pretty heavy passive nerf to VTF and other air burst missiles especially in the 4v4 scene. 1.2 to 1.4 resulted in such huge changes that almost everyone had to drop their primary builds for ranked and swap to have at least one EN weapon because the PA penetration and shot velocity buff meant lights could get melted if they made a single mistake. It was also a major change for 4v4 meta since total damage output was always a major design priority, if only so you at least had a chance to turn a game around if you went down one early.

I don't plan on downloading the regulation patches since it doesn't really do much to singleplayer after you've started unlocking more parts and I haven't spent any time focusing on part stats in the videos, which is all those really adjust. The biggest difference is for the starting mechs, like you said.

Update 10: 2000 km/h sideways is, in fact, too fast, so I'll settle for 1500

GET THE gently caress IN
Chapter 1 and 2 Hard Mode: Land Crab Battle
Paintshop 5
Defeat White Glint Hard Mode
Ordered Battles 6-2
Chapter 3: RIP Line Ark
Chapter 3 Hard Mode: this incompetent maintenance team

Ordered Battles:

She's still kicking and I'll actually bring her along for one of the missions.

This guy is like 100x better and less dumb than his predecessor, but still insists on FIGHTING WITH HONOR.

Number 4 was the unidentified quad AC that was blackmailing Patch the Good Luck so we'll get him on the next playthrough.

A huge jerk who also cares a lot about protecting human life. She's our main ally in the last chapter while we're nominally fighting on the side of The League. Too bad they're pretty much complicit with ORCA's plans so she's the one who drags us along to stop them from downing all the Cradles.

The last surviving member of her family and a total blue blood.

And Number 1 was Otsdarva, who sunk into the ocean during the fight with Anatolia's Mercenary. Actually he faked his death to join ORCA as a double agent or something dumb and you can tell it's still him by his AC and the samey looking emblem.

Atlatl fucked around with this message at 05:55 on May 19, 2017

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Wow, I had thought I was just singularly bad at Red Rum and Starka,glad to see that its just a bitch any which way.

E: maybe show off the easy S rank method for the Sol-Dios mission here later. For Hard mode only, if you take dual blades and can reach it with OB before the cannons are deployed you can destroy the LandCrab in a single double slash, which also kills all the cannons, if you make it before they take off. Normal mode either gives it too much health or deploys them earlier.

Ashsaber fucked around with this message at 18:00 on May 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
What the hell is even happening in this game. People live in the sky and there's war between corporations and now people wanna gently caress those people over?

Is it just a lot a words around that? What has any of it got to do with the earlier game, seeing as we've already killed the main character from it?

• Locked thread