Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
The Rangers are really bad and also have some key injuries. I'm almost ready to just start the firesale now to maximize the return. Sell off Darvish, Gomez, and Lucroy, take whatever you can get for Napoli. Listen to offers on Bush/Cashner/Ross (and consider doing the same on Beltre/Hamels when they come back).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
My dad has partial season tickets for the Rangers, so I've been to plenty of games, but the only notable ones I can recall:

First World Series win in franchise history in 2010.
Seeing Josh Hamilton kill that guy.
Ian Kinsler's 6 for 6 cycle game.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Good Dog posted:

Texas relief pitchers combined to go 4IP today, giving up 4 hits and 9 walks. The Astros managed to only score 2 runs in those innings, both on sac flies. Thats some impressively bad baseball.

Lone Star Grit

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Intruder posted:

Tomorrow begins Astros vs Yankees, aka the two best teams in baseball

No better time for a meteor strike

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Jon Daniels and Josh Boyd (Texas Assistant GM and head scout) are in Japan watching Shoehei Otani who isn't even pitching right now, so you other 29 teams can just pack it up for the Otani Lotto (Lottotani?)

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
https://twitter.com/darenw/status/863238126990499840

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
N: The Rangers' starters have the 7th worst FIP

V: And the second best ERA

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Intruder posted:

Beltran got off to a hot start but has cooled significantly lately and actually has a negative WAR

Thanks a lot jerk

But seriously, this The Ringer article goes into how this is one of the worst seasons for players over 35 ever and is the worst in wRC+ since 1965

https://theringer.com/mlb-veteran-player-statistical-decline-c431a2690c06

He sucked for us after we got him from NYY and I suspect that he is nearly done.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
The Rangers are never going to lose again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

• Locked thread