Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

bawfuls posted:

So that play last night in the 7th when Toles couldn't get to a ball in the corner and Julio Urias lost the no-no bid? Yeah turns out it also cost Toles his ACL.

Silver lining is at least Bellinger has a place to play if/when Adrian Gonzalez comes back.

Out for the year. Fffffff.

bawfuls posted:

N: https://twitter.com/BillShaikin/status/862449708656017408

V: This seems incredibly stupid. It's May, why are you rushing a guy back so he can play hurt some more and never properly heal?

He hopes. We hope no one places undue pressure on the training and medical staff.

Hope is a delusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Mr. Fix It posted:

Counterpoint: if you like baseball you hate the Yankees. Because gently caress them. Fuuuuuucccckkkkk them.

They have as many titles as you'd expect an average team to have in 700 years.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

R.D. Mangles posted:

the yankees are cool now. The yankees fans .gif juggling guy is convalescing after he mocked a piece of industrial machinery and broke his thumbs. gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you guy had a heart attack at a cockfight and has been stuffed, his taxidermied remains now hold a chalkboard at a sandwich shop listing the 25 cent topping upgrades. The really fat guy suffered a terrible accident in his baron harkonen halloween costume, and popcorn guy nearly choked to death on a swedish fish before stumbling into a vintage popcorn machine and suffering glass injuries. The kid being told how to tell people gently caress you by his dad is now running for mayor of new york.

I read this in Daniel Stern's voice to the tune of "Stand By Me".

Something about that seems... right.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Some Numbers posted:

We started 2-8 before the injuries started piling up.

The I Word makes its home in your roster in Spring Training, as with every roster.

The pile-up is just the medical staff taking notice.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Craptacular! posted:

Like really the Giants should release Strickland for cause on top of whatever MLB does. Bochy is consistently anti-beaning, even after events like the Posey collision injury.

I'm sure their FO will come up with some excuse reason excuse not to though.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

A workable substitute for ghost peppers in your next chili cook-off

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Luigi Thirty posted:

Here's a picture that will get some usage now and in the future

https://twitter.com/Mets/status/870117113477910529

Internally: 'that was awesome, but we have to look accountable, so go on a vacation, on us - we can spin it - and meet us on the road trip. Just ask Accounts Payable for this comp number.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

iospace posted:

That's, uh, surprising. You would have expected the Cubs

The Cubs are NL, and a little too on the road for it (they'll get there next home game though).

Unsurprisingly, Dodgers outdo everybody, even on average. (not updated for tonight at time of posting, but in a few hours probably)

And also on the road; wild.

Also lol Angels dead last on the road (seriously though, they had Trout, how) and man the Rays need to start handing out free game tickets with a 10-gallon fuel purchase or something.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jun 1, 2017

• Locked thread