Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

bewbies posted:

This is also a good criticism of MLB and how they're wasting marketing resources on a great but not all-time great guy who retired last year instead of focusing on promoting an all-time great who is not yet even in his prime years.

I was literally about to concur and point out there are other young greats as well like Altuve they could be rallying around but then a 5 Hour Energy commercial came on starring Jose Altuve so I guess they're throwing some marketing that way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
I loving love this team and can't wait to see what inevitable disaster befalls us to keep us from winning our first world series ever!

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

New Concept Hole posted:

Idk who you're a fan of but the answer is always the Marlins

Houston.

And I'm now reminded that even the loving Marlins have won the world series.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
I feel like the Astros may lose the Cleveland series. It just feels like we eventually have to lose one after so many in a row.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Intruder posted:

Astros status: still flying high like Gurriel's hair

It's like a separate team member all on its own.

I wonder if it can field at 1st base.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Grittybeard posted:

Larry Walker turning around to bat righty is one of the better all star game things to ever happen.

This is one of my favorite moments of all time in baseball, period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Lol that the Astros aren't going to get a single starter via voting despite being the best team in baseball.

• Locked thread