Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Good lord, is there still poo poo slinging in that whole Machado fiasco? Why am I still hearing people talk about it on the radio?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

patonthebach posted:

It was a joke. I dont believe it was literally about the fact he comes from the Dominican versus Puerto Rico vs Texas vs Canada. I was just making a joke about its annoying to hear it from an Orioles player because like essentially all teams in the MLB, they also play the bullshit lets try to injure position players using our pitchers game. Even the Jays do it sometimes which I find extremely embarassing. In fact, I wonder if there is a single team in the MLB that has not done a retaliatory HPB (or thrown-behind threat) in the past five years.

I can't stand the poo poo. It's more of that unwritten rulebook of baseball that ruins the whole drat game. poo poo, Rangers fans rallied around Odor punching Bautista, and that was kinda cool I admit, but the antics it took to get there annoyed the poo poo out of me.

You can hate another player without throwing 100 mph weapons at their body, or sliding into their knee. At that point it's less a game and more a slightly more civilized bit of UFC, and gently caress that nonsense.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: fans are all stupid and will cheer on anything their team does, right or wrong. It's on the teams and the league to get this kind of tomfoolery out of the game for good.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I maintain that 2011 will probably be the story I tell my grandkids about.

"So you see, Billy, that's why I hate Nelson Cruz. Now go get grandpa his laser walker.":corsair:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mr. Fix It posted:

Counterpoint: if you like baseball you hate the Yankees. Because gently caress them. Fuuuuuucccckkkkk them.

Gospel truth.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Texas Rangers are currently the owners of a winning record.

Anything is possible.:unsmith:

• Locked thread